PDA

View Full Version : How do you successfully block low?

thenixhex311
01-08-2011, 02:23 AM
I can sometimes block high, but no matter how often or how i tuck down i always get hit in the stomach when trying this stupid boxing/champion difficulty match.

I know you have to block 3x and then uppercut to stun then and then the speedbag punch, but even when i get 2 blocks in, my uppercuts always seem to connect in the midsection.

Is there any key to this? This and the stupid track and field champion one are gonna be the biggest pain in the arse for me.

Ive tried just come out swinging, going one hand stomach, next face back and forth real quick, the speedbag punches, holding one hand up to block and punching with the other, back and forth hooks, back and forth haymakers, and nothing seems to be the trick other than to 'luck out/grind' out the match.

Any EASY tips on how to get this one?

Hero-of-Time
01-08-2011, 08:07 AM
To block low I held my hands around 30 cm away from my chest/stomach area. It's hard to explain but once I got the sweet spot blocking was easy.

I kinda cheated to get the Champion achievement. My nephew was playing the match while I sat there with the 360 controller in my hand. I kept hitting the guide button as the AI was about to hit and you could see if it was going to be high or low. This gave my nephew enough time to adjust and get the 3 blocks and an uppercut.

Hope this helps.

thenixhex311
01-08-2011, 08:42 PM
damn. im gonna have to do that. i just need to find a way to get my wife to help me, lol.

She likes some games, but gets annoyed at the lengths ill go (cough 'cheating like this' cough) to get some "stupid achievements" as she says, lol.

I dont trust my 9 year old's knowledge/speed/reflexs enough to get them to do it, that would be an easy sell tho!

Extreme Washing Machine
01-09-2011, 05:57 PM
damn. im gonna have to do that. i just need to find a way to get my wife to help me, lol.

She likes some games, but gets annoyed at the lengths ill go (cough 'cheating like this' cough) to get some "stupid achievements" as she says, lol.

I dont trust my 9 year old's knowledge/speed/reflexs enough to get them to do it, that would be an easy sell tho!

It took me a while too but it is really easy to figure out where you put your hands. The problem I had was that they were too high. I literally had them (horizontally) down by my bladder before it worked

thenixhex311
01-09-2011, 08:01 PM
ive practically killed myself trying this stupid achievement! Ive tried (and got it down) blocking low, but cant switch up quick enough (successfully) to block high too.

there have been times the cpu punches 3x in a row low, i connect on an uppercut, and then the are all dizzy (but blocking high) so ive just tried throwing crazy back and forth uppercuts and then the speedbag punch thing. I had that SOB knocked down twice in one round but then ended losing by points, ugh.

I probably tried this for an hour and a half last night, my arms are so freakin sore!

I imagine if i can get the hang of blocking low AND high (i tried holding the controller in the one hand with finger over the guide button too, lol...but that didnt work) this wont be too bad.

Seeing as you have practically ALL the achievements...

HOW THE HELL DID YOU/ANY TIPS FOR:

-Shut out the CPU at ping-pong
-Track and Field Champion (ugh)
-Bump-osaurus

Hero-of-Time
01-10-2011, 05:49 AM
The bumposaurus achievement is easy as hell if you use the guide button technique I mentioned earlier. This pauses the game and gives you the time to move you body where the balls are headed.

The ping pong one is like many of the achievements which requires luck. I did every other ping pong achievement before this one so I had plenty of practice aswell.

The Champion Athletics one isn't that bad. If you can master at least 3 of the events you should be alright. I blitzed all of the events that involved running like 100m, Long Jump and Hurdles and then came 4th and 6th in the throwing events. Just remember to get a fast start and finish when doing the running and do the windmill arm movements when doing the long jump.

Elitism
01-10-2011, 04:48 PM
I just beat champion boxer yesterday...what I learned from a post in this thread was put my fists together like they were punching each other ><. I was putting them together side by side ^^...the kinect doesn't recognize them side by side as blocking. Once I figured that out it took about 4 matches to not get in a hurry and just wait for the cpu to punch. I blocked 3 and then what I did was punch the area he wasn't blocking and always try to go for haymakers to the head. In the first two rounds neither of us got knocked down and I always ended the round with slightly more health, then in the third round I knocked him down twice. It went to score cards and I WIN hehe...GOOD LUCK!

Extreme Washing Machine
01-10-2011, 07:04 PM
ive practically killed myself trying this stupid achievement! Ive tried (and got it down) blocking low, but cant switch up quick enough (successfully) to block high too.

there have been times the cpu punches 3x in a row low, i connect on an uppercut, and then the are all dizzy (but blocking high) so ive just tried throwing crazy back and forth uppercuts and then the speedbag punch thing. I had that SOB knocked down twice in one round but then ended losing by points, ugh.

I probably tried this for an hour and a half last night, my arms are so freakin sore!

I imagine if i can get the hang of blocking low AND high (i tried holding the controller in the one hand with finger over the guide button too, lol...but that didnt work) this wont be too bad.
Seeing as you have practically ALL the achievements...

HOW THE HELL DID YOU/ANY TIPS FOR:

-Shut out the CPU at ping-pong
-Track and Field Champion (ugh)
-Bump-osaurus
Haha, :drunk still, I dont have that pesky =javelin one yet :p
But seriously, check out the posts through the achievement guide guide and roadmap, it hasnt been updated for a while so look at the users tips too. Also, the boxing technique suggested by overkill worked for me like a gem, Ive won on points more than four times now :)

Elitism
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
My long for the javelin is 118.something lol. I hold my hand down low past my waste and tilt my body at about a 45 Degrees so the throwing arm is back. When I'm about to throw it I bring my arm up to about a 45Degree angle fully extend in the air. I consistantly get over 100..Practice in the minigame for javelin, that's what I did. I would win the track and field on champ if it wasn't for discuss and hurrdles:(I can't consistantly get my discuss past 50m)

thenixhex311
01-11-2011, 05:33 AM
I just won boxing tonight thank god! I don't know how I totally lucked into it, but the stupid CPU kept punching low 3x in a row! Block, block, block, uppercut and speed punch like crazy! I'd same thing two more times IN THE FIRST ROUND! Done!!

Now to the pesky track and field/table tennis ones!

Extreme Washing Machine
01-11-2011, 06:55 PM
I just won boxing tonight thank god! I don't know how I totally lucked into it, but the stupid CPU kept punching low 3x in a row! Block, block, block, uppercut and speed punch like crazy! I'd same thing two more times IN THE FIRST ROUND! Done!!

Now to the pesky track and field/table tennis ones!

Good luck ;)

o D M C o
02-07-2011, 10:04 AM
The easiest way to block low is to cross your arms across your stomach, works for me every time