PDA

View Full Version : Incredibly Jammy A.I.?

Dragon83uk
01-09-2011, 02:28 PM
I've played through a good 12 or so games of this now and have got most of the single player achievements and I've got to say I've noticed something really strange. The AI, even on easy, seems to be ridiculously lucky! More than a few times all three AI players will skip around the board through 3/4 turns not only conveniently missing every single property I own but also landing on community chest and chance and getting all the good cards. For the first few games I just put it down to chance but after getting to a point in a couple of game where I own almost every single property and seeing the same thing I'm getting really suspicious. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or whether it is me just being really unlucky with it?

SerenitySunbeam
01-10-2011, 04:39 PM
To be honest i notice it an awful lot, and its not just with the AI, I play with my partner and believe me he isn't much skilled at playing monopoly, yet i buy up and build up all my properties and every single time he conveniently manages to pass them all by only rarely landing on mine. it seems to me the better you are doing in the game the harder it becomes for your opponent to land on your spaces.

Dragon83uk
01-10-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm just glad I'm not the only one whose noticed.

billjones0302
01-11-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm just glad I'm not the only one whose noticed.

No, you are not alone! I have played quite a few games, local and online. If I plan my monopoly...which colors to focus on, building houses or hotels, acquiring railroads, etc., my opponents seem to get lucky and evade my properties totally. Games seem to last forever!

Dragon83uk
01-11-2011, 03:18 PM
I had a really strange one earlier whilst going for the Tax Nightmare achievement. I had all the properties and the other player (on a 2nd controller) made it through not only 30 or so rounds but pretty much had exactly the same amount of cash at the end. And I'd bought all the properties for free using auctions!! On the bright side I've only got 5 more online achievements left to complete this.

SerenitySunbeam
01-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I had a really strange one earlier whilst going for the Tax Nightmare achievement. I had all the properties and the other player (on a 2nd controller) made it through not only 30 or so rounds but pretty much had exactly the same amount of cash at the end. And I'd bought all the properties for free using auctions!! On the bright side I've only got 5 more online achievements left to complete this.

same here, just a few more online achievements to go and im done, woo hoo

Dragon83uk
01-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Well I'm officially done with this now, boosted through the last few online ones last night. And somehow won the Next Rung on the Ladder one against someone who hadn't even played any games on live yet? :confused: