American Cellphones.. UK help !!

spx

hey, im trying to find some answers to a question:

(bare with me while i explain..)

im going to vegas for 3 weeks, ill be renting a car.. and have no idea where im going or incase of an emergency ill need a mobile phone..

Now i could use mine, as minty will tell you.. and from my previous visits to america it cost me 60p a minute to receieve a call and £1.50 a minute to make a call.. and 20p a text message.

My family here use a 0800 number to get 1p a minute calls to US, which works fine to their land lines and their cellphones..

Im thinking about buying a cheap ass american pre pay cell phone, will it take credit from my pre-pay to receive a International call ?

my family would use it too when theyy go out as well, so everyones a winner.

thanks

ooh if anyone could suggest a network of some sort that would help a great deal too !!

no you dill !!

its not the coverage, im not bothered by that.. its just if they charge me for recieveing international calls, like here im pretty sure pay as you go do?

dont they ?

my dad found this random company from his friend and hes checked our home telephone bills and its actually 1p a minute ^___^ so if i can get a US cell and text that number to the family and you, you can call us for nothing !! ^___^

AND i could put a divert on Mine AND Lou's phones to that number so we wouldnt have to worry about our contrac phones :p P

ha ha, ive had a look at verizon pay as you go phones..

its like going back 5 years to my nokia 3310.

suprised tho, alot of them come with unlimited minutes, although you have to pay.. from what i guess is a "access charge". I presume this is just to keep connected to the network.

If they did that here they would be an uproar..