PDA

View Full Version : So how long does it really take to mop up for the "Tomb Raider" Achievement?

Delow317
01-10-2011, 05:14 AM
What's up fellas, just a quick question...

I just finished LC: GOL over the course of a week and now I'm going back to mop up everything I didn't do for the "Tomb Raider" cheeve. During the first playthrough I got about half of the challenges and all of the Red Skulls. I never atempted any of the timed challenges either because, well I absolutely dread the trial and error and the constant retrys.

During my first playthrough I averaged anywhere between 30 mins to nearly an hour and a half for some levels because I used absolutely no guide whatsoever. Between this game and that unforgiving Crash Course Arcade title, I have alot of hell to put myself through to get the full 200GS in both of these games.

I know that some of you will just say, "Well it depends on your skill level and how long it took to complete the game." But seriously and realistically, how long did it take you guys to get every item for this cheeve? How many times of replaying the same level for their their speed runs?

Also any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

IceKingz
01-10-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm currently mopping up after breezing through the game originally. If you want an average for how long it takes, about twice as long as it took to play through the first time. For me I tend to do one run through which lasts about 20-30 minutes reading the guide on hear following each collectable 1 by 1. I made a few mistakes early on thinking I collected stuff and decided to skip it but ended up missing something which took longer.

The speed runs are also relatively easy. So far the only one I had to redo (and for the most part, even cut close to the time limit) was the first gate level where you have to find the 7/8 balls to open the door. Want a tip? Dodge roll through everything and your set. Pretty much 90% of fights are skippable and if you slip up once or twice you should still be fine.

Currently I'm on the fire level right after you face the fish as well so I'm pretty far through.

Delow317
01-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Hey thx for the quick response man!

So we're loking at roughly double the time? Perhaps I was more worried about the time trials then I should be. I knew about rolling but I forgot I can skip all the red challenge tombs and most fights entirely.

Should be doable. Goodluck with your "TR" cheeve! Hopefully I can get this and move on to Dead Rising Case 0, the game, and Case West later this week.