PDA

View Full Version : DLC issues

scifi riot
01-10-2011, 06:00 AM
So maybe this has been discussed before but I can't find a thread. It could be buried pretty far back. Whatever. Point is, ever since I downloaded the Understone dlc, I am not allowed to fast travel anywhere because "You cannot fast travel while in the middle of a mission". But I go to my mission list and there is not even a quest selected. The only mission I have left is the Wheel in Reaver's Manor and its not selected.

I am done with the game and Im trying to do the last six achievos but I cant get to Aurora without the fast travel which makes it really hard to find people who are willing to look through shops for legendary weapons.

If anyone has any insight, please let me know. I would love to get this thing wrapped up.

FSparacino4
01-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Try doing the mission in your quest list even though it isn't selected. If that doesn't work try clearing your cache and reloading your game? I know fast travel is disabled during missions, but this is the first time I have heard of this happening to someone permanently.

bigskinner
01-10-2011, 04:45 PM
it sounds like you are still in a mission, i do know that after i downloaded the understone dlc, the glowing trail for each quest started to glitch and disappear, it meant reloading the quest up to 5 times and completely restarting the xbox in order to complete a quest.

This also happened in multiplayer aswell, a couple of reboots and also restarting the quest should sort that out bud

scifi riot
01-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Try doing the mission in your quest list even though it isn't selected. If that doesn't work try clearing your cache and reloading your game? I know fast travel is disabled during missions, but this is the first time I have heard of this happening to someone permanently.

Clear my cache? I'm not sure I know how to do that. I'm full of technology fail at the moment. Here is what I have done so far. I have tried initiating a couple quests, like relationship quests and completing those. It didn't help. I also did the Reaver's manor monster wheel quest and completed it again but its still there (i suspect it wont ever go away). I'm concerned that it might want me to do the wheel thing over and over again.

worse case scenario, i transfer all my money and belongings to a friend, create a new character, and transfer my stuff back. but that would take forever cuz i have too much stuff.

Side bar, I'm pretty sure I'm cursed or something cuz all my games always seem to get any and every software problem available. I was the queen of glitched dlc for borderlands. ugh.

FSparacino4
01-11-2011, 01:13 AM
To clear your cache, follow the steps below:

1. Go into 'My XBox' and select 'System Settings'

2. Go to 'Memory' and select any storage device and press the Y button. DO NOT hit the A button.

Note:It doesn't matter which storage device you select, the cache is cleared for all storage devices.

3. Select 'Clear System Cache' and click yes at the prompt. You should recieve the following message while your cache is being cleared: "Peforming maintanence. Please do not shut off your console."

If Clear System Cache is not available as an option, use the following controller button sequence to clear the system cache:

Press the X button.
Press the X button.
Press the left bumper.
Press the right bumper.
Press the X button.
Press the X button.

Note: If you don't see a system maintenance prompt on the screen, try pressing the button sequence again.

scifi riot
01-11-2011, 04:32 AM
Clearing the cache worked. You sir, are full of win. You totally saved me from madness. Thanks !!