PDA

View Full Version : Another Duplication Method

dakisbac
01-10-2011, 05:28 PM
And... this one is unpatchable.

My original idea here was to use a copy of my save as to keep weapons that I had traded away. Lionhead was on the ball though and they made it so the save could only be moved, not copied. But thanks to Microsoft adding USB support last fall this is a non-issue.

To do this you need:
* Computer
* USB device
* Second profile/controller

1) Move your Fable save to your USB

2) Put the USB in your computer

3) Make a backup of the image of the USB. To do this you'll need imaging software - I used USB Image Tool (http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/)

4) Put the USB back in the console and transfer the save back to the hard drive

5) To duplicate weapons just gift the items you want duplicated to your second profile. Otherwise trade for the weapons you need then gift the new weapons to your second profile

6) Put the USB back in the computer and restore the image

7) Put the USB back in the console and you now have two saves - one on the hard drive and one on the USB

8) Delete the save on your hard drive (the save where you just traded away and gifted your weapons) and move the USB save onto the hard drive in it's place

9) Gift all your weapons from your second profile back to your main profile. You now have two of the weapon you gave to the second profile, one of the weapon you traded for, and you still have the weapon that you traded away (you've gained a new weapon for nothing)

10) Repeat steps 1-9 as many times as wanted.

And there you have it - another easy way to collect all the clothing/weapons. I did this because I had a few generous people give me items for the achievement that they wanted back, but I also wanted to keep the item. This allowed me to do so. As well, this allowed me to gift items to people for nothing without having to make my set incomplete again.

PS: The only downside is that this takes a bit of time to do. With my 4GB USB it takes 10 mins to backup and another 10 mins to restore. I think it's worth the time though.

Toams07
01-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Well, it's takes a little more time than the other .. but at least it is a duping trick!
Nice one!

Ragnarok1986
01-10-2011, 10:49 PM
And... this one is unpatchable.

My original idea here was to use a copy of my save as to keep weapons that I had traded away. Lionhead was on the ball though and they made it so the save could only be moved, not copied. But thanks to Microsoft adding USB support last fall this is a non-issue.

To do this you need:
* Computer
* USB device
* Second profile/controller

1) Move your Fable save to your USB

2) Put the USB in your computer

3) Make a backup of the image of the USB. To do this you'll need imaging software - I used USB Image Tool (http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/)

4) Put the USB back in the console and transfer the save back to the hard drive

5) To duplicate weapons just gift the items you want duplicated to your second profile. Otherwise trade for the weapons you need then gift the new weapons to your second profile

6) Put the USB back in the computer and restore the image

7) Put the USB back in the console and you now have two saves - one on the hard drive and one on the USB

8) Delete the save on your hard drive (the save where you just traded away and gifted your weapons) and move the USB save onto the hard drive in it's place

9) Gift all your weapons from your second profile back to your main profile. You now have two of the weapon you gave to the second profile, one of the weapon you traded for, and you still have the weapon that you traded away (you've gained a new weapon for nothing)

10) Repeat steps 1-9 as many times as wanted.

And there you have it - another easy way to collect all the clothing/weapons. I did this because I had a few generous people give me items for the achievement that they wanted back, but I also wanted to keep the item. This allowed me to do so. As well, this allowed me to gift items to people for nothing without having to make my set incomplete again.

PS: The only downside is that this takes a bit of time to do. With my 4GB USB it takes 10 mins to backup and another 10 mins to restore. I think it's worth the time though.

LEGEND! I wish i had seen this before i gave all my gear away :( New game me thinks thank you.

Toams07
01-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Just wondering - have you found any limit in duping?
Or can you just send your entire armory along?

LiLBrOwNiE247
01-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Is there a youtube video on how to do this? Because when it comes to these kinds of things I'm an idiot :D

EDIT: I'm having trouble with step 3. When I transfer the Fable 3 game save to my USB, there are no problems. The problem occurs when I try to view the game save on my computer. I open up the contents of the USB to see that the folder is empty. Why is this happening? Do I need to download a special program to be able to view the game save?

FSparacino4
01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
EDIT: I'm having trouble with step 3. When I transfer the Fable 3 game save to my USB, there are no problems. The problem occurs when I try to view the game save on my computer. I open up the contents of the USB to see that the folder is empty. Why is this happening? Do I need to download a special program to be able to view the game save?

Download USB Image Tool as it says in the step-by-step guide above. :)

LiLBrOwNiE247
01-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Download USB Image Tool as it says in the step-by-step guide above. :)

Well you sir have successfully made me feel like an idiot :D. Right now it's backing up the image file and it's taking quite a while, but it's going a lot more smoothly than me trying to search the web for random programs that don't do anything.

LiLBrOwNiE247
01-12-2011, 07:37 PM
When I'm on step 7 (put the USB in the console) it asks me to configure/customize the USB device. Does this go away when I delete my current Fable 3 save on my hard drive? Or did my USB screw itself over?

mceggnog
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
It's only on the 360 that allow you to COPY Fable saves. Once MOVED to the USB stick, you shouldn't need imaging software, you can just COPY the contents to your PC. Just make sure to show hidden files/folders, it's a hidden folder named "Xbox360" and should have at least three files "Data0000", "Data0001", and "Data0002". Then you only have to MOVE a 2nd time, back to the 360 after you've copied them.

This is also a good way to keep a backup of your saves, in case of that bug in this game that keeps corrupting game saves.

Toams07
01-13-2011, 04:18 PM
This is also a good way to keep a backup of your saves, in case of that bug in this game that keeps corrupting game saves.

Or if you make a choice you don't like afterward

mceggnog
01-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Yeah, or if you're playing as good but want to have a copy just to see the outcome of evil decisions without having to play all the way through again.

dakisbac
01-14-2011, 03:20 AM
It's only on the 360 that allow you to COPY Fable saves. Once MOVED to the USB stick, you shouldn't need imaging software, you can just COPY the contents to your PC. Just make sure to show hidden files/folders, it's a hidden folder named "Xbox360" and should have at least three files "Data0000", "Data0001", and "Data0002". Then you only have to MOVE a 2nd time, back to the 360 after you've copied them.

I tried that initially but it didn't work so I turned to Google. Google led me to that software :)

FSparacino4
01-14-2011, 07:02 AM
Well you sir have successfully made me feel like an idiot :D.

I apologize. In no way did I intend for you to feel that way. I was just pointing out something you read over. :)

Keggop
11-29-2011, 11:17 PM
I've copied & pasted into one folder and also used USB imaging tool into another folder, no harm in backing up how you back up the data!

JediMasterPhrik
12-14-2011, 03:05 AM
This seems like a pretty good idea.