PDA

View Full Version : 360 NOT getting exclusive Chararacter.

xXmyxxmastaXx
01-10-2011, 09:52 PM
http://scrawlfx.com/2011/01/no-xbox-360-exclusive-character-for-mortal-kombat

Well it appears that Sony and WB are in bed again. 1st time was in arkham asylum when they got the joker.

A BENGAL HOBO
01-11-2011, 12:07 AM
http://www.trueachievements.com/n2694/goro-and-jade-confirmed-for-mortal-kombat.htm

Ed Boon also mentions that while the PS3 version is getting Kratos from the God of War franchise, no Xbox 360 (http://www.trueachievements.com/n2694/goro-and-jade-confirmed-for-mortal-kombat.htm#) exclusive character has been chosen yet. The current plan is for an Xbox 360 exclusive character at launch with additional characters, including more guest characters, available as post-launch DLC.

Dustinator
01-11-2011, 03:27 PM

Well it appears that Sony and WB are in bed again. 1st time was in arkham asylum when they got the joker.
Just checked the mortal kombat twitter account and seems like they're all over the place now. They just tweeted in response to someone asking if 360 will get an exclusive character to counter kratos and they said, "sorry, we have no news on that." LOL sounds like they're backtracking from when they said that 360 wouldn't get a console exclusive

The Bum-Mobile
01-16-2011, 04:26 PM
That pisses me off... I've been having doubts about keeping my reserve for this game (And for me, I never cancel a reserve! I like to think it out before going into it.) I just don't know. Too little coverage in it, and this non-exclusive is really like the nail in the coffin. I also feel like it's going to be a really bare-bones game for a casual-fighting game player like myself...

thereefernander
01-16-2011, 07:58 PM
I think 360 is getting a exclusive, they just haven't decided yet.

xPACMANx82
01-21-2011, 01:04 PM
gutted love kratos

XxStuartxX 1990
01-22-2011, 10:45 PM
That pisses me off... I've been having doubts about keeping my reserve for this game (And for me, I never cancel a reserve! I like to think it out before going into it.) I just don't know. Too little coverage in it, and this non-exclusive is really like the nail in the coffin. I also feel like it's going to be a really bare-bones game for a casual-fighting game player like myself...

Be hinest with yourself though how many times has 360 got an exclusive over ps3, probably 10 to 1

Slightly OT: isnt this bad news if so why do you have a smile icon next to thread wierd

Actually OT: I can't think of any 360 charachter that would suit to be fair I don't think that they want to make a laughing stock of their game by adding someone who fights with guns ala halo guy or marcus fenix, that said if anyone can tell me an exclusive charachter that would fit I'll gladly put my foot in my mouth.

Edit Skorge guy from gears 2 would fit Foot in mouth

Burning Karma
01-23-2011, 03:13 AM
that said if anyone can tell me an exclusive charachter that would fit I'll gladly put my foot in my mouth
RAAM as well.

XxStuartxX 1990
01-23-2011, 05:42 PM
RAAM as well.

Nah I don't think he would fit sice he shoots guns rather than melee

Burning Karma
01-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Nah I don't think he would fit sice he shoots guns rather than melee
....did you miss the part where he kills Lt. Kim with his sword?

Dz06lt
01-24-2011, 01:26 AM

Of course of course, like M$ doesnt buy shit all the time and im sure you dont complain about it then do you?

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
01-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Cliff B. From epic games has made some tweets regarding it. Fingers crossed for Skorge or RAAM.

Dustinator
01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Cliff B. From epic games has made some tweets regarding it. Fingers crossed for Skorge or RAAM.

Share the tweets man!!!! I can't access twitter here at work :p Really hoping we get Marcus or Dom instead of RAAM or Skorge

Klint Beastw00d
01-28-2011, 01:57 AM
Who would 360 get? I'm trying to think but I'm not coming up with anybody.

GamingEconomist
01-28-2011, 09:55 AM
I could absolutely live with marcus fenix please no Raam this guy is boring :-)

Tussell
02-03-2011, 08:41 PM
I'll be very happy if this is indeed true. I think it's horribly stupid that MK is getting Kratos for the PS3. It just further proves my point that the PS3 is a fail gaming system in which they need to throw their only good exclusive characters in games in order to make any incentive to get the game for the PS3 as opposed to the Xbox.

I own both systems and the way the PS3 conducts their shit just pisses me off!

Cav Clayton
02-04-2011, 11:12 AM
I'll be very happy if this is indeed true. I think it's horribly stupid that MK is getting Kratos for the PS3. It just further proves my point that the PS3 is a fail gaming system in which they need to throw their only good exclusive characters in games in order to make any incentive to get the game for the PS3 as opposed to the Xbox.

That's a little immature.
Kratos is pretty much the perfect character for a Mortal Kombat game (except characters from other fighting games), the team themselves even said it was the first character they'd pick if given the chance.

It's just business after all. I can pretty much guarantee if it was the other way 'round, you're response would be something like 'cool'.

xanderthezeppo
02-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Who would 360 get? I'm trying to think but I'm not coming up with anybody.

It'll probably be someone random. Like the old Soul Calibur game on the original Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube.

Gamecube - Heihachi Mishma
PS2 - Link
Xbox - Spawn

The others fit, but Spawn was totally random. I could see Mortal Kombat getting some random character to add in for the 360.

Ceejus
02-04-2011, 10:31 PM
the 360 should just get an exclusive mortal kombat character to make up for it, or hell, maybe 2. my pick(s)? kintaro and motaro. if i had to choose one of the two, then kintaro.

Burning Karma
02-05-2011, 04:23 AM
It'll probably be someone random. Like the old Soul Calibur game on the original Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube.

Gamecube - Heihachi Mishma
PS2 - Link
Xbox - Spawn

The others fit, but Spawn was totally random. I could see Mortal Kombat getting some random character to add in for the 360.
You have the first two reversed. :p

xanderthezeppo
02-05-2011, 05:01 AM
You have the first two reversed. :p hahahahaha, I read that more than once and didn't even realize! I can't believe I didn't. :rolleyes:

Starstrukk X360A
02-05-2011, 05:45 AM
If the 360 version doesn't get an exclusive character I'm going to be playing the PS3 version.
Kratos is <3

DOOKH8R
02-05-2011, 05:52 AM
In the newest crazy cross-promotion, as a 360 exclusive, you can get a code to download The Burger King as a playable character in the new Mortal Kombat with each purchase of the BK MK Whopper Extreme Deluxe Family Meal.

jaec91
02-05-2011, 07:51 AM
How about the Smoker or Hunters from L4D. The Spitter might actually be cool. Yeah L4D isn't technically 360 exclusive but it certainly isn't on the PS3.

XxStuartxX 1990
02-06-2011, 06:35 PM

As apposed to M$ who just throw money at everything so that they can keep up with the ps3 popularity wise as no matter how you look at it PS3 is a better piece of kit

....did you miss the part where he kills Lt. Kim with his sword?

Wait so killing one guy with a sword makes him a melee fighter ah that makes perfect sense....

kennyubasterd00
02-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Ezio from assassins creed would be pretty epic imo

Burning Karma
02-08-2011, 03:27 AM
In the newest crazy cross-promotion, as a 360 exclusive, you can get a code to download The Burger King as a playable character in the new Mortal Kombat with each purchase of the BK MK Whopper Extreme Deluxe Family Meal.
Sounds good to me. That way I could do some fatalities on his creepy ass.

TAI JASON
02-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Only one Chara is good for it: The Halo Elite Alien.

Astyles
02-08-2011, 09:45 AM
360 has to have a character with the same amount of hype and attention as Kratos. If it's a gears character that'll be dope, but what i believe Microsoft should do, is call up Rare, tell them to dig in the archives and release the Killer Instinct hounds.

GodsmacKam
02-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Exactly, Kratos is a character who fits in mortal kombat, and MS dont really have a similar character, but at the end of day does it really matter if we have an xclusive? As long as the characters have a variety of costumes and i can kick ass with liu kang and scorpion, all im gonna say is kratos, ur a dead man LOL. Btw if there was an xclusie i presume it would be skorge:
-Fits in perfectly
-Looks like a physcial fighter
-twin chainsaw as weapon
-He's like predator, and we all know predator kicks ass :)

thereefernander
02-09-2011, 11:16 PM
360 has to have a character with the same amount of hype and attention as Kratos. If it's a gears character that'll be dope, but what i believe Microsoft should do, is call up Rare, tell them to dig in the archives and release the Killer Instinct hounds.

*cough*FULGORE!*cough* Or maybe he would mesh to bad with the other robot-esc characters. Jago would mesh with the other ninja's...Sabre wulf or Riptor? Maybe Spinal would be cool. Not much room for a fatality on him though. Still chances are my bet is a Gears guy, they're pretty much as MS exclusive as Kratos is Sony.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
02-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Exactly, Kratos is a character who fits in mortal kombat, and MS dont really have a similar character, but at the end of day does it really matter if we have an xclusive? As long as the characters have a variety of costumes and i can kick ass with liu kang and scorpion, all im gonna say is kratos, ur a dead man LOL. Btw if there was an xclusie i presume it would be skorge:
-Fits in perfectly
-twin chainsaw as weapon

to be fair after seeing yoda,aprentice and darth vader in soul calibur and the mk vs dc game i wouldn't worry too much about characters fitting in a universe or not

GodsmacKam
02-15-2011, 12:01 PM
to be fair after seeing yoda,aprentice and darth vader in soul calibur and the mk vs dc game i wouldn't worry too much about characters fitting in a universe or not

u know what, fair flippin point, :drunkLOL, na wat u said is totally true so yh guess anyone can be expected for the xbox exclusive

MLG=Most Likely Gay
03-01-2011, 04:42 PM
I demand Banjo Kazooie as an xclusive character!
-variety of moves
-It would be hilarious
-makes me sad it will never happen.

CYBER GRIMM
03-02-2011, 04:42 AM
splatter house comes to mind. gore, blood and executions so he fits in well.

BLOOD IXI MONEY
03-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Anyone down for a revival of tartarus? dont ask how it would work or else ill have to call the flash and wonder woman to come and explain it to you.

big daddy? i could imagine 2 fatalities from this guy though i have not played bioshock. one where he grabs a person (his hand is palm up) by the head with their throat inbetween 2 fingers and he just squeezes and throws them around a bit. the other where he bashes a person to their knees and then uses the drill thing to drill down from the top of the head down with a close-up on it being done.

auron from ffx? only because i would love to see mostly one handed combat from him until at the end of a combo he pops out his other for a devastating attack. plus hes dead already so no problem seeing his die in a grusome way.

Burning Karma
03-03-2011, 02:43 AM
auron from ffx? only because i would love to see mostly one handed combat from him until at the end of a combo he pops out his other for a devastating attack. plus hes dead already so no problem seeing his die in a grusome way.
Uh...that's a PlayStation 2 game.....

Vulger Spartan
03-03-2011, 05:59 PM
-Fits in perfectly
-twin chainsaw as weapon

Yeah if the 360 Exclusive were to be a reality it should be a Gears Locust character. I mean if they put Arbiter or Master Chief in there I would Vomit.

thereefernander
03-03-2011, 06:56 PM
I mean if they put Arbiter or Master Chief in there I would Vomit.

Ditto.

Any person with a scrape of intelligence would know that if it was anyone, it would be a Gears character. Ryu Hayabusa also should be in the running.

KillerChris8814
03-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Y'all bashing the Arbiter, he wouldn't be horrible, I feel a Gears character would be better, but with a little tweaking a Halo character could work. I don't mean Master Chief, but really I can't see why an Elite couldn't work.:confused:

machonach0
03-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Ditto.

Any person with a scrape of intelligence would know that if it was anyone, it would be a Gears character. Ryu Hayabusa also should be in the running.

Awesome sig. man. Dexter is the best show.

OT: I could really care less if there is an exclusive character or not. If there was, I wouldn't even use him. This game is about getting back to Mortal Kombats roots, not about some random character from a game that has nothing to do with MK.

Vulger Spartan
03-05-2011, 04:07 PM
I could really care less if there is an exclusive character or not. If there was, I wouldn't even use him. This game is about getting back to Mortal Kombats roots, not about some random character from a game that has nothing to do with MK.

Yeah, like Soul Calibur with Kratos, Star Wars Characters & Other characters from other games, just randomly tossed in in every sequel. If I wanted to play a Star Wars Fighting Game (which I really don't) I'd play "Masters of Teräs Käsi" which was a nightmare Fail of a Game that I ended up hating myself for asking for it around Xmas 1997.

If the Title isn't a "Franchise" VS "Franchise" Game then it shouldn't have Characters from anywhere else in it.

Bi9ode
03-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Ms don't have a "Kratos" so who could be in the game is Marcus Fenix but he don't combine with MK.

tobiasdennis
03-07-2011, 08:17 AM
I could really care less if there is an exclusive character or not. If there was, I wouldn't even use him. This game is about getting back to Mortal Kombats roots, not about some random character from a game that has nothing to do with MK.

afuckingmen to THAT

the old school MK rooster has some of my favorite video game characters EVER to exist... i'm satisfied already.

Ceejus
03-07-2011, 08:40 AM
It's already rumored that the Cyber Sub-Zero is a 360 exclusive, but I have yet to see any sort of source for that. It would be cool for us if it was. I'd take Cyber Sub-Zero over Kratos any day. But, it's probably not exclusive. We should definitely get something besides avatar items.

Pieville
03-07-2011, 09:46 AM
It's already rumored that the Cyber Sub-Zero is a 360 exclusive, but I have yet to see any sort of source for that. It would be cool for us if it was. I'd take Cyber Sub-Zero over Kratos any day. But, it's probably not exclusive. We should definitely get something besides avatar items.

I highly doubt Cyber Sub-Zero is an exclusive because there is an achievement for unlocking him. Unless PS3 has a trophy for unlocking Kratos instead, I can't see him being the exclusive.

KuShNsTieN
03-08-2011, 04:45 PM
i dont think they should put a exclusive character in the game. i think it would ruin it.i just want to play mortal kombat with the regular characters. ps3 players are going to just buy it so they can jerk off to kratos

Vulger Spartan
04-01-2011, 06:31 AM
I was surfing MK's Wiki site & thought "what if I typed in *Xbox 360* in search?"

Here's what I got:

"The Pit 360 will be an arena map exclusive for the Xbox 360. The Only infomation known about this map is that it's the remake of The Pit III from MK3 (the indoor one with the spinning blades at the bottom)

I dunno if it real or officially confirmed in anyway what-so-ever, sounds Kool though, but here's the link so You know I didn't just pluck it out of the air:

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Pit_360

jswartz0181
04-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Unfortunately, clicking the Talk link thingy, it says it's not real. Of course, no sources on either front, so who knows.

lich123
04-01-2011, 06:55 AM
I was surfing MK's Wiki site & thought "what if I typed in *Xbox 360* in search?"

Here's what I got:

"The Pit 360 will be an arena map exclusive for the Xbox 360. The Only infomation known about this map is that it's the remake of The Pit III from MK3 (the indoor one with the spinning blades at the bottom)

I dunno if it real or officially confirmed in anyway what-so-ever, sounds Kool though, but here's the link so You know I didn't just pluck it out of the air:

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Pit_360

great find. really hope it is an area and not some exclusive character. ive already pre ordered my copy but i just want to see all the classic guys. thats mortal kombat for me :)

Annalie
04-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Anything is good, just as long as its not a character that's not in the MK universe. but ill take a stage or some costumes. :)

Pieville
04-01-2011, 07:53 AM
The Pit 360 sounds like a nice exclusive.

chanman
04-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm really curious if the 360 is getting a exclusive character. If not I'm gonna buy the PS3 version. Kratos! FTW! :)

lich123
04-01-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm really curious if the 360 is getting a exclusive character. If not I'm gonna buy the PS3 version. Kratos! FTW! :)

you would only buy the game on the 360 if it has an exclusive character ? :eek: :confused: you would buy this type of game to enjoy, not because it has some shit exclusive character. the 360 would be better without the exclusive character anyway .

Hitman H94
04-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Not really to bothered about an exclusive though Kratos definitely fits in the MK universe pretty smoothly, however if there is a 360 exclusive, skorge would be a pretty nice fit but since he is a pretty minor villian I doubt it could be him, Raam is not much of a melee fighter, so again I doubt it will be him, as for MC its just no...arbiter would be interesting to see how he would fit in but again I highly dount he would be used. But they could still use a character which is multi-platformed for an exclusive.

Vindicator51
04-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Alex Mercer from Prototype could easily fit into the game, or at least that's what i think.

Hitman H94
04-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Alex Mercer from Prototype could easily fit into the game, or at least that's what i think.
Now you said that I think Venom or Carnage would be pretty awesome.....

yakuzzaa
04-01-2011, 08:38 PM
hopefully they add no "exclusive" one - MortalKombat -> Stay Oldschool with Original Fighters !

lich123
04-01-2011, 09:35 PM
hopefully they add no "exclusive" one - MortalKombat -> Stay Oldschool with Original Fighters !

i totally agree :) :drunk :woop:

Jet1337
04-01-2011, 10:28 PM
If you buy the ps3 version just because it has Kratos in it, you're a retard. I'm buying this game because I've been a fan ever since MK1.

Exclusives are nice, but they shouldn't be a deciding factor when you buy a game. Just like gamestop and their pre-order bullshit. LOL, I walked in there today to buy a vision cam and they were up my ass with trying to get me tor pre-order MK9 and renew my edge card. Talk about desperate employees...xD

Vulger Spartan
04-01-2011, 10:41 PM
So I googled "pit 360 exclusive Mortal kombat" and I got a post at Gamespot's forum listing the Exclusives

*Exclusive Mode: Puzzle Kombat - Features online play, leaderboards, and avatar support.
*Exclusive Arena: The Pit 360 - Remake of The Pit III from MK3 (the indoor one with the spinning blades at the bottom)
*King of the Hill mode will include avatar support.
*DLC Character "Lady in Red" will be available to Xbox Live users as a free download for a limited time after her release.
*Exclusive avatar gear will be available for purchase.

Here's the Link
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortal-kombat/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-58634241&pid=961032

I cant find anything more official on it so "take it with a grain of salt" whatever the hell that means.

Annalie
04-01-2011, 10:44 PM
If you buy the ps3 version just because it has Kratos in it, you're a retard. I'm buying this game because I've been a fan ever since MK1.

Exclusives are nice, but they shouldn't be a deciding factor when you buy a game. Just like gamestop and their pre-order bullshit.

Yup, which is why they did it in the first place. so that fanboy sheeps go crazy and buy it for that 1 reason. Kratos???? OH PUHLEEZ...

Pieville
04-01-2011, 11:07 PM
If those exclusives are true, then I'm happy!
Those are much better than Kratos!
(Would someone who lives in Australia be able to buy DLC?)

jswartz0181
04-01-2011, 11:36 PM
IF those are true, then yeah..... definitely better than Kratos and could make up for the lack of a demo. :) *commences crossing fingers for two and a half weeks*

chanman
04-02-2011, 02:33 AM
I guess I'm a retard for wanting the PS3 version for Kratos haha! On a positive note I am looking forward to playing Mortal Kombat 9. I'm really glad Kabal is gonna be in it. :)

IceeDesertEagle
04-02-2011, 07:24 AM
I think I am getting game on ps3 and 360. Kratos looks badass and everyone talking shit is jealous. The demo was amazing, short and fast but amazing. As for xbox exclusive character they honestly can't add one that makes sense. Ryu from ninja gaiden not exclusive. Halo and gears don't fit and would ruin the game. I can see fags online trying to spam gun moves from long range. The killer Instinct shit although not exclusive would be cool and they should just remake it. That would make up for a nice competition to Mortal Kombat. Killer Instinct Gold was amazing. Lets see Glacier come back.

o iCeBoArDs o
04-02-2011, 03:40 PM
I want Afro Samurai in it :D

firestormX19
04-02-2011, 04:27 PM
So I googled "pit 360 exclusive Mortal kombat" and I got a post at Gamespot's forum listing the Exclusives

*Exclusive Mode: Puzzle Kombat - Features online play, leaderboards, and avatar support.

puzzle kombat would be awesome. the ds mk puzzle was cool. so i be happy with a puzzle mode. on a another note. if i wanted to put a mk character vs some character from some other video game i would just start up M.U.G.E.N. (a pc only game if anybody asks)

tobiasdennis
04-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Kratos looks badass and everyone talking shit is jealous.
yeah i'm thinking the same thing. there's a LOT of kratos bashing... people saying they'd RATHER get the version with him not it in... WHY?! Man if I had a ps3 I would totally be getting it for that system. Kratos is BRUTAL. I don't see how a fan of mortal kombat could disagree.

*shrug*

Vindicator51
04-02-2011, 05:39 PM
I'd rather see an Alex Mercer in armor form from Prototype than Kratos. I've been playing the games since PS2, but i still don't want him as the exclusive.

M 0 R T I K I A
04-02-2011, 05:53 PM
yeah i'm thinking the same thing. there's a LOT of kratos bashing... people saying they'd RATHER get the version with him not it in... WHY?! Man if I had a ps3 I would totally be getting it for that system. Kratos is BRUTAL. I don't see how a fan of mortal kombat could disagree.

*shrug*

Don't get me wrong, I love the god of war series, but after I posted the kratos game play video, and watching it, he just doesn't seem like a very fun character to use in this game, but hey if he was in the copy of my game I wouldn't complain as its another character to use...

jswartz0181
04-03-2011, 04:23 AM

*shrug*
Actually, it's pretty easy for me. The last MK game I was able to play was Deadly Alliance. I don't remember a whole lot about it, but what I do remember, most was because I didn't like it. One of those things was how there was such an emphasis on weapon usage. I HATED that! In this one, I can tolerate it because it's just a couple moves; not an entire fighting style with its own complete set of moves. Based on the videos I've seen, all Kratos is is weapon usage. Lose nearly all those weapons, then okay, but at that point, what's the point in him?

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
04-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Well hopefully, we could get somebody like Buzz Lightyear. Dude, that laser move is deadly!

Pieville
04-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Well hopefully, we could get somebody like Buzz Lightyear. Dude, that laser move is deadly!

Lol, that made me laugh!

I honestly think an exclusive character is a bad idea, I mean look at everything that's happening because of Kratos, it's just turning into chaos!

There's already enough flaming going on about which console is better, we don't need there to be which console is MK better on! I'm just saying!

Spankerr
04-03-2011, 06:20 AM
I say that Mortal Kombat should be exclusive to Mortal Kombat characters only. Fuck crossovers. It's just a ploy to get more people to buy it.

Ceejus
04-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Everyone who's giving props to Kratos and the PS3 version really needs to kindly shut their mouths. This is an XBox 360 web site. Please, if you wanna talk about Kratos, go to PS3Trophies.

And for the record, I'd much rather have this:

*Exclusive Arena: The Pit 360 - Remake of The Pit III from MK3 (the indoor one with the spinning blades at the bottom)

*DLC Character "Lady in Red" will be available to Xbox Live users as a free download for a limited time after her release.

than Kratos any day of the week. Come on, THE PIT III? That was Shao Kahn's crib! Still, I'd like to know where this person got this info from. Unless it's being made up, but it sure does sound believable.

jung4ever
04-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Ezio from assassins creed would be pretty epic imo

Hell yes. exclusive or no, Ezio would be awesome.

shazo
04-03-2011, 02:22 PM

*shrug*

Seeing how he have never been part of the game in the past and I'm not really a fan of cross overs I would rather him not be in it. With being said I'm not saying I wont use him from time to time and wont play single player with him. Something tells me I am going to be glad I got this for both the PS3 and 360.

As for the stuff that is said to be on the 360 only that is better than what the PS3 is getting for me because it is Mortal Kombat. I really hope the next game does not do any cross overs.

Riphade 1
04-03-2011, 07:58 PM
If ANY of those "exclusives" are true, then you guys know that Boon will listen to all the PS3 crybabies and give them all that as well. With the exception of the avatar support. Cause GOD FORBID if NR doesn't please sony.

Kal_El
04-04-2011, 10:42 AM
so stupid that sony get's exclusive crap! i have a ps3 since launch and i hardly use the system! i have a platinum on almost all their exclusives but i prefer 360 anyday! lol it's funny too...sony gets this stuff and yet it's the 360 version of these games that make majority of the sales....

medal of honor ps3 exclusive stuff....game sold way better on 360

red dead exclusive...same pattern

shall i continue? lol

kyboy
04-04-2011, 05:51 PM

*King of the Hill mode will include avatar support.
*Exclusive avatar gear will be available for purchase.

Here's the Link
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortal-kombat/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-58634241&pid=961032

I cant find anything more official on it so "take it with a grain of salt" whatever the hell that means.

if all these are true, then im happy with it! dont really care for crossovers.. hardly ever works..

L KIRA HAYABUSA
04-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Maybe Ezio 8D or Ryu Hayabusa

EL187
04-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Well they got to make there shareholders happy some how.

ALPHASHADOW 425
04-05-2011, 04:04 AM
If we were get an exclusive character I think it should be Tremor. He was an unreleased ninja but I think rain replaced him.

PyreBall
04-05-2011, 05:52 AM
Wow, this is stupid. First we get ripped of on Portal 2, and now we've officially gotten ripped off for the new MK. I was hoping and praying that I'd be able to cut somebody in half with Marcus Fenix's Lancer. :rant:

Pieville
04-05-2011, 07:12 AM
If we were get an exclusive character I think it should be Tremor. He was an unreleased ninja but I think rain replaced him.

Tremor would be an interesting character and seeing as Boon loves to make rumors/glitches into actual characters, I can see him bringing in a unreleased character at some point in the future, and it would be great if it was an exclusive!

jswartz0181
04-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Obviously I have no idea if anyone else has been doing it, but seeing as I just signed up for Twitter (still no idea why I did hehe), I figured I'd do my first tweet in the direction of Ed and asked if we could at least get a date to when we'll learn what our exclusives are. We'll see if it gets noticed.

EDIT: Rather than double-post, I just did a search to see if there was anything new in the rumor department of Xbox exclusives, and http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/new-exclusive-xbox-360-content-rumored-for-mortal-kombat/ was right there. The same list, but also includes a pic of the KotH mode.

Thugsta
04-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Skorge would fit perfectly, Raam is to heavy in my opinion.
I think Skorge should come up with a capoeira sort of fighting style that would fit perfectly since he is so slim and quick.

TheUglyCasanova
04-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Wow, this is stupid. First we get ripped of on Portal 2, and now we've officially gotten ripped off for the new MK. I was hoping and praying that I'd be able to cut somebody in half with Marcus Fenix's Lancer.

How in any way, shape, or form are we being 'ripped off' because we don't get some extra pointless character? :confused: They only added Kratos to try and make the PS3 version seem like its special, when in reality its just sony paying money to try and take some of the Xbox sales their way.

They can keep their krappy kratos, and in exchange we will have way more people playing online at any given time. Seems like a better deal to me. ;)

I'm sure PS3 owners will be sick of Kratos in a month after everyone has been using him. Like someone else said, this is about going back to the MK roots with the originals, not just seeing how many stupid characters they can stuff in the box for you.

EDIT: Rather than double-post, I just did a search to see if there was anything new in the rumor department of Xbox exclusives, and http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/new-exclusive-xbox-360-content-rumored-for-mortal-kombat/ was right there. The same list, but also includes a pic of the KotH mode.

Hmm well that screenshot is a bit blurry, but definitely looks legit with all the mini kombatants at the bottom looking up at the fight! Ed Boon did say there would be some surprises for 360 players in the past, and I would be more than happy to take a new mode or two over some character I'd never use. :D

tobiasdennis
04-05-2011, 10:57 PM
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/new-exclusive-xbox-360-content-rumored-for-mortal-kombat/ includes a pic of the KotH mode.
http://attackofthefanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/mk-kk-ext-1.jpg

:eek:

nice find, man!

PyreBall
04-05-2011, 11:25 PM
How in any way, shape, or form are we being 'ripped off' because we don't get some extra pointless character? :confused: They only added Kratos to try and make the PS3 version seem like its special, when in reality its just sony paying money to try and take some of the Xbox sales their way.

They can keep their krappy kratos, and in exchange we will have way more people playing online at any given time. Seems like a better deal to me. ;)

I'm sure PS3 owners will be sick of Kratos in a month after everyone has been using him. Like someone else said, this is about going back to the MK roots with the originals, not just seeing how many stupid characters they can stuff in the box for you.

Hmm well that screenshot is a bit blurry, but definitely looks legit with all the mini kombatants at the bottom looking up at the fight! Ed Boon did say there would be some surprises for 360 players in the past, and I would be more than happy to take a new mode or two over some character I'd never use. :D
It'd still be insane to have Marcus, though. I wonder if Kreate-a-Characer or Motor Kombat will make a return. I still say that Motor Kombat should have its own fully fleshed out XBLA game.

Pieville
04-06-2011, 07:08 AM
It'd still be insane to have Marcus, though. I wonder if Kreate-a-Characer or Motor Kombat will make a return. I still say that Motor Kombat should have its own fully fleshed out XBLA game.

I would love Motor Kombat to be an arcade game, and I would like a Kreate-a-character, it would make online matches interesting because you wouldn't know a characters play style, it would just be random.

Though the problem with that is that they'll be a way to make an over-powered character by giving him certain abilities and movesets which will just ruin the game

Purple Hooter
04-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I agree that having Marcus, Dom, or especially Cole-Train would be "EPIC!" (pun intended.)

But, I dont understand why everyone is hating on the PS3 so much? I own both systems, and yes I do use my 360 a lot more than my PS3. Honestly, what other exclusives has the PS3 got over the xbox? Only thing I can really remember is Playing as the Joker in Batman: AA. Of course MoH had the other game attached, as well as Dead Space 2 and thats for the simple fact that Blu-Ray discs hold a lot more data than 360 discs.

And btw, the PS3 has an exclusive arena as well - The Flame of Olympus.

AND, the King of the Hill Mode is NOT 360 exclusive. Avatar support is 360 exclusive in KoTH mode - not the entire mode.

Finally, Scarlet is not going to be "360 exclusive" she is included with the first DLC pack that includes Kenshin as well.

Source:

http://gamerant.com/mortal-kombat-dlc-characters-scarlet-kenshi-tao-75745/

PyreBall
04-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I agree that having Marcus, Dom, or especially Cole-Train would be "EPIC!" (pun intended.)

But, I dont understand why everyone is hating on the PS3 so much? I own both systems, and yes I do use my 360 a lot more than my PS3. Honestly, what other exclusives has the PS3 got over the xbox? Only thing I can really remember is Playing as the Joker in Batman: AA. Of course MoH had the other game attached, as well as Dead Space 2 and thats for the simple fact that Blu-Ray discs hold a lot more data than 360 discs.

AND, the King of the Hill Mode is NOT 360 exclusive. Avatar support is 360 exclusive in KoTH mode - not the entire mode.

Finally, Scarlet is not going to be "360 exclusive" she is included with the first DLC pack that includes Kenshin as well.

Source:

PS3 owners are also getting a free copy of the PC version of Portal 2. And Pieville, created characters wouldn't be that over balanced, I don't think. Even if they were they could have just created characters matchmaking playlist online or make it so that they're only usable offline :)

HorsemanOfWar16
04-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Mortal Kombat Xbox 360-Exclusives Revealed?

Xbox 360 Mortal Kombat fans were disappointed when it was announced that PS3 owners would get Kratos as an exclusive character while they got nothing. Rumors have now surfaced that Xbox 360 fans won't be left out in the cold when it comes to exclusives.

None of this has been confirmed yet by developer NetherRealms Studios, but it would be surprising if the PS3 got something and the Xbox 360 didn't.

Exclusive Mode: Puzzle Kombat – Features online play, leaderboards, and avatar support
Exclusive Arena: The Pit 360 – A remake of The Pit III from MK 3
King of the Hill mode will include avatar support
DLC Character "Lady in Red" will be available to Xbox Live users as a free download for a limited time after her release
Exclusive avatar gear will be available for purchase
If this stuff is true, what do you think?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/04/06/mortal-kombat-xbox-360-exclusives-revealed.aspx

Purple Hooter
04-06-2011, 08:48 PM

Xbox 360 Mortal Kombat fans were disappointed when it was announced that PS3 owners would get Kratos as an exclusive character while they got nothing. Rumors have now surfaced that Xbox 360 fans won't be left out in the cold when it comes to exclusives.

None of this has been confirmed yet by developer NetherRealms Studios, but it would be surprising if the PS3 got something and the Xbox 360 didn't.

Exclusive Mode: Puzzle Kombat – Features online play, leaderboards, and avatar support
DLC Character "Lady in Red" will be available to Xbox Live users as a free download for a limited time after her release

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/04/06/mortal-kombat-xbox-360-exclusives-revealed.aspx

This keeps getting posted everywhere, but yet there is NO proof from N.R. Studio. Why is this getting spread worse than a case of herpes?

Obviously, avatar gear is a 360 exclusive, as PS3 doesnt use animated avatars (except home, but no one uses it)

As I said before, KoTH mode is NOT 360 exclusive - just avatars watching the game is 360 exclusive.

If Scarlet is going to be free (which I highly doubt) because she is in a DLC pack, I dont care paying a dollar or two for new characters.

So maybe just Puzzle Kombat will be the 360 exclusive.

crow74
04-06-2011, 09:12 PM
god these speculation threads are getting like a game of bloody ping pong:eek:
lol

Burning Karma
04-07-2011, 02:08 AM

Source:

Also that Divine Edition of Dante's Inferno. Seems EA loves the PS3. ;)

TAI JASON
04-07-2011, 02:24 PM
god these speculation threads are getting like a game of bloody ping pong:eek:
lol

Haha it´s like back in 94 in shool. Everybody talk about MK and hidden Stages/Charas :D

I love that, it´s nonsense for 99,9% but thats what MK is about.

crow74
04-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Haha it´s like back in 94 in shool. Everybody talk about MK and hidden Stages/Charas :D

I love that, it´s nonsense for 99,9% but thats what MK is about.

sooooooooo true lol im 37 an can rember for weeks all we ever talked about was MK an KI.
The good old days :P

PyreBall
04-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Better than nothing but those don't make up for a potentical appearance from Marcus Fenix and the general dicksucking everybody's been doing for Sony lately.

jswartz0181
04-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Well, looks like Boon's finally addressed the notion of Pit "3" and Puzzle Kombat after PS3 users started crying. Shocker.

RT @ELNDB (http://twitter.com/ELNDB) its not fair for ps3 users.we got kratos and they got great stage Noobde: They being? Dont believe everything u read.
RT @draven_defay (http://twitter.com/draven_defay) damnit, I hope PS3 gets puzzle kombat and pit 3. Still not better than Kratos. Noobde: Dont believe everything u read.

Plym
04-08-2011, 11:28 PM
At this point, I'm just grateful to be getting the damn game and glad it wasn't a complete PS3 exclusive.

Annalie
04-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Well, looks like Boon's finally addressed the notion of Pit "3" and Puzzle Kombat after PS3 users started crying. Shocker.

That whiny little brat needs to STFU they got everything up until now....anyways is all that exclusive stuff true? or just that small bit.:confused:

jswartz0181
04-08-2011, 11:49 PM
If all we end up getting is Avatar support in KotH, after Boon saying we'd get something that will make us happy, I'd be severely disappointed. Although like others, I'm just happy we're getting the game at all. But since we have been told we'll be getting some sort of exclusive content (but NOT a character), I'm just hoping it's really worthwhile.

That said, another of his Tweets
RT @AdamCoumis (http://twitter.com/AdamCoumis) @noobde (http://twitter.com/noobde) Any more surprises before the 17th? Noobde: Absolutely, we've got a few more big reveals coming soon.

Let's just hope what we get is one of those, as the uncertainty is getting really tiring. Fortunately we don't have too much longer to wait. The days left countdown is getting awfully close to single digits! :D Of course, that's also when the days are going to last 24,000,000,000,000 hours each. :P

Richjn
04-08-2011, 11:52 PM
I just wish the game would come out already, but exclusive character would have been nice. Im getting both versions, wonder how much I will even use Kratos.

PyreBall
04-10-2011, 05:06 PM
If all we end up getting is Avatar support in KotH, after Boon saying we'd get something that will make us happy, I'd be severely disappointed. Although like others, I'm just happy we're getting the game at all. But since we have been told we'll be getting some sort of exclusive content (but NOT a character), I'm just hoping it's really worthwhile.

That said, another of his Tweets

Let's just hope what we get is one of those, as the uncertainty is getting really tiring. Fortunately we don't have too much longer to wait. The days left countdown is getting awfully close to single digits! :D Of course, that's also when the days are going to last 24,000,000,000,000 hours each. :P
It'd better be damned good if he wants anybody with an Xbox360 to buy a copy. At this rate with the way we're getting ass-screwed it may as well be a PS3 exclusive.

lich123
04-10-2011, 05:34 PM
It'd better be damned good if he wants anybody with an Xbox360 to buy a copy. At this rate with the way we're getting ass-screwed it may as well be a PS3 exclusive.

if that happens, im coming to haunt you lol

Drucifer82
04-11-2011, 01:53 AM
I find the debate over exclusives as retarded as the debate over consoles. Who cares what system people are playing, other than the companies selling them. And what is the point in worrying about exclusives? So PS3 has Kratos and the 360 has no exclusive characters, oh well. Play it because MK is badass and be happy.

PyreBall
04-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Except Boone said that 360 owners would be getting something exclusive that would make us happy and we have yet to see it materialize. Boone is breaking promises as opposed to 360 owners simply being victims of wishful thinking.

jswartz0181
04-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Well, we don't know for sure he's breaking any promises. Just read a post on another site (came up in a Google search for the latest word on Xbox exclusive content), and one guy's theory is, behind the scenes, Sony and MS had a bidding war, and the loser would be barred from promoting their exclusive stuff prior to release. If so, we know Sony didn't lose. I'm not saying that's a certainty, but if Sony has some sort of deal that bars the Xbox exclusives from being mentioned prior to launch, Boon's not breaking any promises.

sm182
04-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Well, we don't know for sure he's breaking any promises. Just read a post on another site (came up in a Google search for the latest word on Xbox exclusive content), and one guy's theory is, behind the scenes, Sony and MS had a bidding war, and the loser would be barred from promoting their exclusive stuff prior to release. If so, we know Sony didn't lose. I'm not saying that's a certainty, but if Sony has some sort of deal that bars the Xbox exclusives from being mentioned prior to launch, Boon's not breaking any promises.

Since when could Sony win an outbidding contest with M$?

Here's hoping we do get an exclusive in the end anyway...

Annalie
04-12-2011, 08:31 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

jswartz0181
04-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Ever been to an auction? At some point you get to an amount where one bidder just doesn't feel it's worth the price anymore, even when it's only a tiny bit more than their previous bid. It has nothing to do with available funds.

grimlock444
04-12-2011, 11:38 PM

Since they won the bid to make Soul Calibur 3 a PS2 exclusive after the PS2 version of SC2 got destoyed by the other 2.

KillerChris8814
04-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Ever been to an auction? At some point you get to an amount where one bidder just doesn't feel it's worth the price anymore, even when it's only a tiny bit more than their previous bid. It has nothing to do with available funds.

:whs This exactly.

PyreBall
04-13-2011, 08:57 PM

Wow, that's stupid. Also, exclusive content usually tends to draw sales and letting people know what that content is tends to help that. It must have gotten ridiculous for Microsoft of all companies to not win a bid for something like that.

M1 Punk
04-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Sony should worry about fixing their damn console instead of buying exclusive content -.-' PSN's online experience is sh*t compared to XBL.

Thai J
04-13-2011, 09:16 PM
A guy who is usually trustworthy ghat works at my local Gamestop said the the Xbox was going to get the Green Lantern as it's exclusive character. Is this something that has been debunked? Has anyone else heard of this before?

jswartz0181
04-13-2011, 09:19 PM
A guy who is usually trustworthy ghat works at my local Gamestop said the the Xbox was going to get the Green Lantern as it's exclusive character. Is this something that has been debunked? Has anyone else heard of this before?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=304378

Thai J
04-13-2011, 09:50 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=304378

Thanks dude. I didn't see that character fitting this MK.

PyreBall
04-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Sony should worry about fixing their damn console instead of buying exclusive content -.-' PSN's online experience is sh*t compared to XBL.

That's true. I suppose they had to find some way to make people play and they went with whoring themselves for exclusives. Granted Microsoft still needs to make online play free but otherwise they have a much better interface, and their chat is far better.

Drucifer82
04-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Granted Microsoft still needs to make online play free but otherwise they have a much better interface, and their chat is far better.

That interface and chat among other things is maintained by our subscription fees. You get what you pay for and I'd rather pay for quality service with a few bugs than have free online that isn't worth a bucket of piss.

KillerChris8814
04-15-2011, 12:04 AM
That interface and chat among other things is maintained by our subscription fees. You get what you pay for and I'd rather pay for quality service with a few bugs than have free online that isn't worth a bucket of piss.

I'm just curious what a bucket of piss is worth?:D

jswartz0181
04-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Depends on where you're at in the world. Some places it's like liquid gold. :P

Purple Hooter
04-15-2011, 03:05 AM

Are you even aware of PSN+? That is WAY better than what XBL has to offer. Sure PSN doesnt have party chat or voice messaging; but do XBL members receive special discounts twice a month on downloadable games or goodies, sometimes. And it is usually shit that no one wants.

Does XBL give out absolutely FREE arcade games on a monthly basis, nope? PSN+ members get PSN titles all the time for free. Does XBL give out free premium DLC w/achievements to members, no. PSN+ members get that treatment on premium DLC w/trophies.

I am neither an Xbox fanboy NOR am I a PS3 fanboy. I am just a gamer who appreciates both consoles and uses them both to their fullest :)

Annalie
04-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Are you even aware of PSN+? That is WAY better than what XBL has to offer. Sure PSN doesnt have party chat or voice messaging; but do XBL members receive special discounts twice a month on downloadable games or goodies, sometimes. And it is usually shit that no one wants.

Does XBL give out absolutely FREE arcade games on a monthly basis, nope? PSN+ members get PSN titles all the time for free. Does XBL give out free premium DLC w/achievements to members, no. PSN+ members get that treatment on premium DLC w/trophies.

I am neither an Xbox fanboy NOR am I a PS3 fanboy. I am just a gamer who appreciates both consoles and uses them both to their fullest :)
Cool Story Bro, J/K... microsoft has given us things for free actually..... all PSN is, is FREE FREE FREE FREE. i dont consider something better because all it does is throw free crap at you. i dont like having to pay for almost everything either but there are lots of people on xbox live for a reason. it has the better online community. i think sony gives all those freebies to keep their costumers from moving to the 360 or whatever other platform. PSN DOESN'T HAVE A THING ON XBOX LIVE besides its freebies. and on another note: there were a few DLC packs that were free with achievements, maybe not anymore but at one point in time.

All i get from your post is "PSN IS BETTER CAUSE I GET FREE THINGS DAILY!" you might have tried to make your post sound non fanboyish but it does.

DEG23
04-15-2011, 05:11 AM
All i get from your post is "PSN IS BETTER CAUSE I GET FREE THINGS DAILY!" you might have tried to make your post sound non fanboyish but it does.

I don't think he realised that even saying PSN is okay, on an xbox forum is walking a fine line. There will be plenty of people who think you are nothing more than a PS fanboy.

I'd just like to say that i only have experience with XBL but so far i'm loving it and have had no complaints since i first bought the console. Unless they really screw me over, i'll be on XBL for years to come. It really doesn't bother me that i don't get free games on a regular basis, there is so much more that XBL offers that keeps me coming back.

Annalie
04-15-2011, 05:47 AM
I don't think he realised that even saying PSN is okay, on an xbox forum is walking a fine line. There will be plenty of people who think you are nothing more than a PS fanboy.

I'd just like to say that i only have experience with XBL but so far i'm loving it and have had no complaints since i first bought the console. Unless they really screw me over, i'll be on XBL for years to come. It really doesn't bother me that i don't get free games on a regular basis, there is so much more that XBL offers that keeps me coming back.

That reminds me, live has been giving sales on games people do want lately... to bad i already bought most of them.

http://majornelson.com/2011/04/12/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-2/#disqus_thread

DEG23
04-15-2011, 05:55 AM
That reminds me, live has been giving sales on games people do want lately... to bad i already bought most of them.

http://majornelson.com/2011/04/12/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-2/#disqus_thread

Not only that but deal of the week has gone from being one arcade game half price to multiple games, avatar gear & much more.
XBL just keeps getting better and better:woop:

JaxTH
04-15-2011, 08:26 AM

From what I understand of PSN+ (I'm never gonna bother with it since I've only played one PS3 game online and also got the Platinum for said game), anything that is listed as "Free" will get taken away from you once your PSN+ subscription is up.

Drucifer82
04-15-2011, 09:28 AM