PDA

View Full Version : Fable III Online Achievements

MAXout
01-12-2011, 05:56 AM
Hi everyone. I don't normally use Xbox Live Gold Membership, however I'm planning to buy it next week to get the Online Achievements in Fable III.

As far as I know there are only 3 achievements....
- Long Distance Relationship
- Cross Dimensional Conception &
- Online Merger
(If I've missed any, please let me know!)

My question is... Is it difficult to get these achievements? I plan on buying the 3 month Gold Membership and wanted to know if there are any difficult achievements that may take me longer? Obviously of course it depends how much I play the game.

Another question I have is about having multiple saved games on one gamertag? I know somebody once asked this but I couldn't remember what the response was.

I have completed the game with a male character and I plan on getting the online achievements with him. However, due to my decisions in the game, there aren't many people left in the city so to continue playing this game, it will definitely get a little dull. I want to start a new game using a female character but wanted to know if I can still keep my old game and start a new one on the same gamertag?

OSUSmitty10
01-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Well, to answer some questions for you:

Online:

You forgot the We Can Be Heroes achievement, which will require you to earn 1000 gold in another heroes world. I have never heard of anyone getting this using split-screen so I believe online is the only option.

We Need Guns, Lots of Guns achievement is pretty much an online achievement. Yes, it can be done with a dummy account and multiple playthroughs, but I would suggest using the forums for trading. I tried to get this using 3 playthroughs and still needed 10 weapons. You would have to get pretty lucky to get them all yourself.

Multiple Playthroughs ?

Yes, you can have up to 5 saves if I'm not mistaken. You can switch your characters by going to the gears on the right side of the first room of the sanctuary. There's an option to change your character.

Starting a new character will not erase your old character. It might happen if you have 5 characters, but haven't played through the game 5 times to find out.

FSparacino4
01-12-2011, 05:22 PM
You forgot the We Can Be Heroes achievement, which will require you to earn 1000 gold in another heroes world. I have never heard of anyone getting this using split-screen so I believe online is the only option.

We Can Be Heroes can be done locally with a second profile. Start a new game with the dummy profile. Join the world with the profile you are trying to unlock the achievement on. Rubberband the controller stick or use a plug and play charger so the controllers dont shut off and let the game sit for 2-3 hours until the achievement pops. No online needed.

MAXout
01-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Ok. Thanks guys. I'll read more about those achievements.

Delta438
01-19-2011, 06:46 AM
Rubberband the controller stick or use a plug and play charger so the controllers dont shut off Rubber banding the thumbsticks don't keep the controller on forever. Although they do keep it on longer compared to when the controller is inactive. Best if you keep the controllers by your side and press right trigger once in a while.

Ragnarok1986
01-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Rubber banding the thumbsticks don't keep the controller on forever. Although they do keep it on longer compared to when the controller is inactive. Best if you keep the controllers by your side and press right trigger once in a while.

Same method as me just kept flicking tv over every 30mins to check.

XBuzzard23
01-19-2011, 08:40 PM
If you just start up 1 of the jobs; lute hero, pies, or blacksmith; with a plugged in controller; everything will stay active. you do not have to do anything, the job will just restart endlessly. I have used this overnight to make millions owning just the shops.

Crowleyman
01-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Rubber banding the thumbsticks don't keep the controller on forever.

Yep. Found that out the hard way. Rubber band, go out for lunch and a haircut, and think I'll come home to a new cheevo. Nope!