PDA

View Full Version : First two Dead Space 2 Reviews

MASS DOMINATION
01-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Both reviews are exclusive to the magazines but the overall score and short summary's are really promising. What are your thoughts.?

Official Xbox Magazine (http://www.metacritic.com/publication/official-xbox-magazine?filter=games)
Jan 7, 2011

95:woop:

The nuanced tweaks and countless subtle refinements really ratchet up the atmosphere and make Dead Space 2 a richer, more streamlined experience...There's a sure-footed confidence this time around that gives the ghastly proceedings a level of character investment and polish that Dead Space never quite achieved. [Feb 2011, p.29]

Game Informer (http://www.metacritic.com/publication/game-informer?filter=games)
Jan 10, 2011

90 :woop:

A monster of a sequel, offering bigger scares and more excitement than I expected... The tease for Dead Space 3 has my head spinning with questions. [Feb 2011, p.92]

UPDATE: IGN has given DS2 a 9/10. Here's the written/video review!
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1145296p1.html

GamingEconomist
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Well of course those reviews are good, they are exclusive.

I played the demo and so far it seems like Dead Space nothing more nothing less

HorsemanOfWar16
01-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Of course they were gonna be good reviews - its frigging dead space !!! - cant wait to play!

DeekBoy
01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
just recently started playing dead space for the first time and went out and pre ordered dead space 2 because i know its going to be good

crazy W01f 816
01-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Less than two weeks away!!! Can't wait to get my huge hands on that itty bitty Plasma Cutter. :p

JuSt BLaZe
01-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Less than two weeks away!!! Can't wait to get my huge hands on that itty bitty Plasma Cutter. :p

Yeah, only a few more days and it's going down with those ugly necromorphs.

o0ONecrosisO0o
01-13-2011, 07:30 AM
i wish that they could give us a replica necromorph aswell so i could shoot it with my replica plasma cutter

Tsukasa117
01-13-2011, 10:19 PM
From what little I've seen of the interviews and Vidoc's its going to be more like RE survival horror and by that I mean less of the 'oh no I hear noises OMG and monster' and more 'holy crap thats alot of monsters but looky here I have the tool for the job'. Its not a bad thing but I'd love to see more of a Silent Hill 2-3 style survival horror game which hopefully will happen in 2012.

_DoTTeR_
01-14-2011, 10:01 AM
From what little I've seen of the interviews and Vidoc's its going to be more like RE survival horror and by that I mean less of the 'oh no I hear noises OMG and monster' and more 'holy crap thats alot of monsters but looky here I have the tool for the job'. Its not a bad thing but I'd love to see more of a Silent Hill 2-3 style survival horror game which hopefully will happen in 2012.

I agree, however classic horror games are done. You won't ever again see something like RE1-3, SH 1-4, simply because the technology advances in gaming. The views/limitations made those horror elements.

FSparacino4
01-14-2011, 11:03 AM
I never played the first Dead Space, but that didn't stop me from pre-ordering this game. After playing and thoroughly enjoying the demo, I pre-ordered the game and after beating it, I will most likely go and rent the first one :)

fax5jrj
01-17-2011, 07:16 PM
I never played the first Dead Space, but that didn't stop me from pre-ordering this game. After playing and thoroughly enjoying the demo, I pre-ordered the game and after beating it, I will most likely go and rent the first one :)
GET IT! The best single player experience I've ever played!

MASS DOMINATION
01-21-2011, 06:44 PM
IGN's Greg Miller gave dead space 2 a 9/10:woop:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1145296p1.html

Younicorn
01-21-2011, 07:03 PM
The IGN review was the most promising review, in my eyes. The reviewer said he couldn't wait to start playing again, which is EXACTLY how I felt when I finished the first game.

Tuesday can't come soon enough, and at this rate I may just go ahead and hibernate through the weekend...

ChaosTheory2
01-21-2011, 10:44 PM
I'll be at college from Sunday night to Thursday evening, so I won't get to play until then, assuming it comes in the mail by then. :(

ajennice
01-22-2011, 06:26 AM
I'll add this to those reviews.. ITS DARK... crank up the brightness and turn off all the lights. I was walking with my light on and still couldn't see squat!!!.

I know it's suppose to be that way, but when you're walking in circles because you cant see a doorway it's ridiculous

MASS DOMINATION
01-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Gametrailers and Gamespot just put up their reviews. It got a 9/10 and 8.5/10 respectively.

GT vid review:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-dead-space-2/709734
I haven't watched it due to possible spoilers.

Gamespot review:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadspace2workingtitle/review.html?tag=topslot;thumb;1
this is the first review I've seen that has had good things to say about the multiplayer.

vampiref00d
01-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Does DS2 have multiplayer this time? Be awesome if you could have one team of necromorphs and another of soldiers.

Certi
01-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Did I hear that right in the gametrailers review, there's no pause screen in DS2?

MASS DOMINATION
01-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Does DS2 have multiplayer this time? Be awesome if you could have one team of necromorphs and another of soldiers.
If this is a joke, the very funny. haha.:rolleyes: if u seriously know nothing about this and never took a glance at the front page thread titles with the word "multiplayer" in them AND didnt read my posted above yours, then i can tell u that ur "awesome" idea is true. However, what what the majority of reviews are saying is DS2 multiplayer is nothing to get excited over.

Did I hear that right in the gametrailers review, there's no pause screen in DS2?

i didn't watch it but in dead space 1 there wasn't really a pause screen either. u could press start to pause the game but if u wanted to go through ur items or look on the map for ur next objective, u would have to do that wat the risk of necros still coming after u. that may be what teh GT review was talking about.

Younicorn
01-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Safe to say, I'm VERY excited to get home and start on this. I've waited a couple years for the sequel and am hoping to start on my way to 1,000 points within a few hours!

If anyone would like, add me on XBL: Younicorn.

I'm still trying to find a way to link my gamercard/tag here...