PDA

View Full Version : One Feature Missing from Fable II that shouldn't be...

Supernaut3
01-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Gaining money from your porperties while NOT in game. I understand that it would make the end game WAY to easy... but still, complete BS.

It also seems you don't gain money from properties while in The Sanctuary... also complete BS.

niko da bos
01-12-2011, 08:55 PM
lol, i suppose keeping this in the game wouldnt of made too much of a difference. alot of people just leave the console on overnight and get all the money that way lol. not how i went about it, but whatever floats your boat.

i did notice after repairing all 47233885 houses, upon leaving the sanctuary i got the usual income. even if i had JUST got my income before pausing, sitting in there for a period of time will trigger your income. you just wont keep racking it up while you BS with jeeves and open gifts :P

TwistedFate
01-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Somebody call the whaaaambulance. You're complaining about a lack of something that isn't needed. If you can't earn the money you need in the time you are playing, you've done something wrong.

You actually can gain money in Sanctuary, if you go over the normal time for income it will be given to you as soon as you exit Sanctuary. It will only give you one missed income, but if you are spending more than 10 minutes in Sanctuary at a time, you are doing it wrong.

Supernaut3
01-12-2011, 10:12 PM
A little uncalled for but whatever. I wasn't so much complaining as just stating it was a nice feature. If you put the game down for awhile and came back you had a decent amount of coin. Particularly nice if you put it down for awhile in general, when you get tired of it. When you came back you didn't really need to spend time getting a bunch of coin again after being away... if you had spent a chunk of it before leaving.

Admittedly I didn't start to gain money really before becoming King... but then I didn't honestly think that the game would be so short that I could get to a point of no return in under 2 hours... and that's with having spent time finding all the keys and gnomes in areas I had unlocked thus far. But having become King, and finding out that money is pretty much the ENTIRE point of this game, I've spent all my time since just cleaning up and Questing, doing Jobs, Interacting with Villagers and Opening Demon Doors I haven't. So as it stand I don't have a money issue. I have close to 20 Million ATM... but that doesn't change the fact that I still think the feature was nice.

Certainly wouldn't have had as much Gold Glitching methods floating around the net. I prefer to do it the right way... and I understand people taking shortcuts. But it sometimes is a little annoying to see.

THEslimeBALL
01-12-2011, 11:25 PM
I too enjoyed earining money easier in Fable II but honestly, if you don't play the game... time doesn't progress so why should you be paid rent?

Either way, money isn't hard to come by in either game, especially after playing Fable II and knowing the importance of purchasing properties and shops for income. :)

dakisbac
01-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Since the feature uses the 360's date and time they'd have the same issue that they had with Fable 2 - people would just disconnect from Live, change the date to 2025, load up the game and receive millions on unearned gold. The idea sounds good on paper (it sounds really advanced to have time in the game world advance in real time) but it really doesn't work that great. Better that they took it out IMO.

Ragnarok1986
01-13-2011, 04:26 AM
Due to this thread I'm going to pop fable 2 in not been on it for a year. See how much gold I get :)

FSparacino4
01-13-2011, 05:51 AM
Since the feature uses the 360's date and time they'd have the same issue that they had with Fable 2 - people would just disconnect from Live, change the date to 2025, load up the game and receive millions on unearned gold. The idea sounds good on paper (it sounds really advanced to have time in the game world advance in real time) but it really doesn't work that great. Better that they took it out IMO.

Hmmm I may have to go backwards and play Fable II after beating Fable III if this the case! Can I do this now (set it to 2025) or has it been patched?

Dr Smart Ace
01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Hmmm I may have to go backwards and play Fable II after beating Fable III if this the case! Can I do this now (set it to 2025) or has it been patched?
I just finished Fable 2 for the first time recently and I can confirm that it hasn't been patched. The main thing to remember though is you cannot be connected to XBL and do this. This is because XBL automatically sets the clock and the date and will not allow you to manually change it. Yes, I know this is a Fable 3 thread, but since they asked about Fable 2, just thought I would answer it while I was here.