PDA

View Full Version : Shameless US

MopFlop
01-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Just watched the first episode last night and tbh i dont know how to take it. Fucking love William H Macy but hes no David Threlfall (The British Frank)

Also Im 99.9% sure that the only difference is the location and the cast so i pretty much knew what was going to happen and can guess how the rest of the season will work out.

Anyone else watch it? just intrigued to know what people think about it who havent watched the brit one

x MrsMassacre x
01-14-2011, 09:50 PM
I've never seen the british one. I really liked the first episode and can't wait to watch the entire season. It's really good so far.

DarkApollo
01-17-2011, 06:26 AM
yeah i actually really enjoyed it too. glad there's something else i can get into since dexter isn't on anymore.

XxBlueSpade2xX
01-17-2011, 07:15 AM
I liked the British series. I only caught about 5 minutes of the US pilot though, so I'm not sure. I really like William H. Macy though.

RyanDub815
01-17-2011, 07:29 AM
I caught the first episode Friday on demand, and watched the new one today and loved it.

sleepydumbdude
01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Thought it was ok. I don't think I'm going to watch it week to week though. Probably wait about 7 episodes in and watch a bunch in a weekend.

Takamura Bear
01-20-2011, 04:23 AM
I'll definitely have to check out the US version, but like a lot of US versions of UK shows, I don't think it will have the same following and popularity as the original.

What makes the British version so good is that it's about life in England, and the council estate life over here. Everything from chavs, pikeys, council estate slappers and the zillions on state handouts. It portrays the worst of our culture and takes the piss out of it.

America doesn't have that type of culture, so it might not have the same impact or truly live up to the "Shameless" title.

I actually find it quite amusing that our comedy shows are loved and appreciated in the US just as much as they are over here. But if you haven't seen the UK version, I suggest you give it a try as it's simply brilliant.

Gorilla Stomper
01-20-2011, 04:30 AM
William H. Macy as Frank Gallagher?

I'm intrigued.

What makes the British version so good is that it's about life in England, and the council estate life over here.

A much exaggerated portrayal of life I might add.

ShawnSig
01-20-2011, 09:51 AM
I watched an episode a few days ago, all I remember was Emmy Rossum and Justin Chatwin having sex in the kitchen, and William Macy drunk off his ass, lol. I never seen the British version.

MopFlop
01-20-2011, 12:24 PM
I watched an episode a few days ago, all I remember was Emmy Rossum and Justin Chatwin having sex in the kitchen, and William Macy drunk off his ass, lol. I never seen the British version.
Well frank Gallager is an alcholic so you'll propably see loss of that =P But i would recommend watching the bristish one, if you've got the time. Especially the first 3 series

MADasaHatter
01-20-2011, 01:13 PM
What makes the British version so good is that it's about life in England, and the council estate life over here. Everything from chavs, pikeys, council estate slappers and the zillions on state handouts. It portrays the worst of our culture and takes the piss out of it.

America doesn't have that type of culture, so it might not have the same impact or truly live up to the "Shameless" title.

Yeah, but we have our own dark crap to deal with- trust me. I've never seen the Brit version and I got rid of Showtime right after Dex, but I was interested to see the show nonetheless and I'll be picking up scraps of it when I can. I didn't even know it was an "over the pond" show until right now. Just from the commercials, I instantly thought of the typical broken American family that I've seen/crossed paths with (and yes, with the same makeup of the characters).

strange vicitm
02-15-2011, 04:08 PM
uk shameless still ownz this :P

Shark and Blitz
02-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Definately worth while watching the UK series ( which has turned a bit crap the past two seasons imo ) if you havent seen it before.

AiriZona11
07-12-2011, 01:42 AM
I never knew there was a British version of this show I watched the whole season and loved it.

MopFlop
07-13-2011, 08:55 PM
I never knew there was a British version of this show I watched the whole season and loved it.
If you can get hold of it, definitely watch season 1-2 and then go one from there if you still like it. One of the best things on british tv in the last decade

jamie1000013
07-15-2011, 12:39 AM
I saw about 5 minutes of the US version of it and had to turn it off it was an abomination. The house the Gallagers lived in looked huge almost like a mansion. It all looked too unbelievable when compared to the UK version. Perhaps it looks more convincing to the US audience but too me it looked so staged.

I suppose though if a US show was remade in Britain it would turn out as bad. A British Sopranos would be awful lol.

Minty
07-15-2011, 12:47 AM
I suppose though if a US show was remade in Britain it would turn out as bad. A British Sopranos would be awful lol.

Unlike Geordie Shore, which was TV gold!

And the US one was alright when you watched a few episodes. It wasn't as bad as Skins. And nothings as bad as US Coupling.