PDA

View Full Version : And finally its over :(

chichan123
01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
I have been playing this game for a month now(5-6 hrs playtime a day). And finally completed it today. I have been playing it slowly exploring and doing everything the game had to offer. Two worlds II has been my world all this month. It totally sucks you in. An Improvement over the original in every single way. The graphics looks decent and some places stunning with good draw distance. If u watch closely you can spot the mage tower from Hartmandor. Pretty Impressive. And not to mention the fantastic soundtrack which still lingers in my mind.

And the gameplay itself is very good. The combat of all three forms are varied, the near endless customization of weapons,armors,spells and alchemy. Lockpicking, stealing,music and poker mini games, diverse skill trees, tons of places to explore and get quests from with often multiple ways of handling it, riding horses,hunting wild monsters and beasts, varied enemy types and yes occasional glitches too.....this game is a RPG heaven. It has everything a RPG fan would beg for.

Only downside, you are overwhelmed with lot of quests and distractions in the first half of the game and almost nothing other than the main quest in the second half of the game. Still the twist in the story towards the end is unexpected and was actually good. Also some strange translation issues with specific character interactions, you talk something and get a response that is totally out of context. This happened with a central character at an important part of the story.

This would go as one of my fav. RPG's of all time. Now am going back to the first game and try to finish it.This is one of those rare games that totally sucked me in and made me forgot abt the achievements all together. I was never really paying attention to achievements throughout my entire play-though.

Finally after 45 hrs of playing this game it came to an end :(. The only other game which made me feel this way was Dragon age.

Sorry Two Worlds II, its better for both of us to move on. I have other games to play and you have other people to satisfy. Thanks for giving me such a good time. Bye!

I would be totally pissed off if the critics rate this game badly. This site console master has already reviewed it badly. I mean what do they expect. Please stop comparing two worlds with oblivion. Oblivion is backed up by big budget and more people. No wonder its great. But atleast try to give credit to talents like Reality Pump so that they give even better games in future and compete with oblivion or Dragon age

zspaun
01-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey man im glad you enjoyed it !
I have a question -

The game advertises ~50 hours of gameplay for the main story (If im not mistaken) so it's not as big as it claims? :(

chichan123
01-16-2011, 06:02 AM
Well that might be the main quests of SP and MP combined together. I never touched the MP part, the main quests of SP alone would take roughly 20 hrs to complete. With all the side quests taken into account, my play time clocked just over 45 Hrs. The only thing left for me is exploring 25 dungeons. I found 16 dungeons so far.

zspaun
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
What's in the dungeons except loot ?

I just started this game very excited but I'm slowly losing my excitement with the repetitive quests and all :(:(:(

Mikefromhell
01-18-2011, 11:02 PM
I totally agree with what you say! i havent finished it yet but i really like it! I really hate to compare it to oblivion cuz the only "real" similarity is that its a Fantasy RPG oblivion is much easier this is a "hardcore" more diablo inspired RPG than oblivion inspired from what ive seen so far:)

JasonBlade
01-23-2011, 05:53 AM
He lied...look at his achievements...the guy didn't get the achievement for finding 25 dungeons...u explored everything my a$$...lmao. Dude just admit that you rushed through the story & got some achievements on the way....stop lying.

dwayne_hicks
01-23-2011, 03:40 PM
He said all he had left to do was explore some dungeons.

Learn to read man.

chichan123
01-23-2011, 05:03 PM
lol......is English that tough to read? I mentioned i explored only 16 as now....and whats the point in lying in things like these.....forums are to share ur thoughts.

Quitsquirrel
01-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Hey im one of the few who liked the first game( sp not mp). So since thats a fact Ill love this game right?

chichan123
01-24-2011, 04:48 AM
you will love it.....i didnt played the first one till now, but after completing TWII i have started the first one and enjoying every bit of it

zspaun
01-25-2011, 08:59 PM
In the beginning i was kind of getting bored. But now I respecced my character to melee only ( I was putting point in all 3 before dont know why lol)

I can say its rather enjoyable, It's not stressing, the environments are big and I did enjoy a few quests (horse racing etc.)

The only thing that annoys me so far is the Tombs series of quests (I love the idea but navigating them makes me dizzy :() - Only 2 left to find tho :P

I think you can get many many hours out of it, you move around the environment fast (use horse or personal teleporter), you can kill stuff easy when you're high level and upgrade your weapons and such... I find it now relaxing and it's not boring me anymore.
I'm actually considering getting the first one as well when I'm done!

If I had to complain about one thing is some quests are bugged (now I can't finish my Mages guild questline cause of one bugged quest - "Unexpected Danger" i think it is)
and sometimes the subtitles don't match the spoken dialogue.

I'm guessing Two Worlds 3 will be even better :P

BuzzerBeater911
01-27-2011, 01:57 AM
I would be totally pissed off if the critics rate this game badly. This site console master has already reviewed it badly. I mean what do they expect. Please stop comparing two worlds with oblivion. Oblivion is backed up by big budget and more people. No wonder its great. But atleast try to give credit to talents like Reality Pump so that they give even better games in future and compete with oblivion or Dragon age

I agree with you about Oblivion. It was a pretty decent game, but I don't see why people think it is the standard for RPG's. It is FAR from it. The main story is terrible, the voice acting sucks, the side quests are lame, and the combat is a bore.

I haven't played this game yet, but from what I've seen so far, it looks like I might have to.

Mr.Teflondon187
01-27-2011, 07:20 AM
So far I am not liking this game. Not that great in my opinion. Controls are very wierd. I try to block and my guy runs or doesn't block at all. I hope it gets better. I really enjoyed the first game. I am a big fan of all RPG's.

Vermillion Haze
01-27-2011, 04:26 PM
I compare this game to the Divinity Eco Draconis, Risen, Sacred 2, Gothic 4...basically games that are made for PC in mind. It is in this light that Two Worlds II is a great game. Not quite Fallout or Oblivion but something different and should be judged as such. Most people have problems with the controls...which amazes me since games like this are far more complicated then normal rpgs as they are PC based. So complex controls are to be expected.

Ralph The Rogue
01-27-2011, 04:45 PM
I played my first hour on this last night and so far so good. It's going to be right where I like my RPGs to be. Story has been a bit long winded, but that's to be expected during the big initial set up. Just scanned the achievements and am curious about the multiplayer campaign. I hope it's not just repeating the single player again in multiplayer.

zspaun
01-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I think the more you play and start using teleports and get more strong you'll go thru the game & story much faster.
And yeah , multiplayer campaign is different !

Big To
01-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Multiplayer is actually really fun if you have friends to play with. Although Village mode is pretty glitchy.