PDA

View Full Version : Kinect & Virtual reality

AltruismIsDead
01-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Apologies in advance if this was already posted.

Was checking out some articles and came across this video of how the Kinect (and tv goggles w/e) are being used for some crazy japanese tech demo/hack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDlvn3voblQ

Who said first person can't be done with Kinect!? :p

To me this looks awesome, just imagine the type of games that could be made with this, sure in the long run they might just be super cool tech demos compared to some games, but none the less this just seems super awesome.

undeadjubbie
01-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Cool find......cant wait until MS start releasing RPG, FPS & Survival horror games....

judd90
01-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Cool find......cant wait until MS start releasing RPG, FPS & Survival horror games....
Survival horrors will be fun.

RPG's could be good depending on how they go about making them. Voice recognition would be great in an RPG, but then how are you going to walk around the world? Maybe make it half control played half Kinect.

Could you imagine playing an RPG game on the Kinect for 500 hours? Lmao you would die.

Giptuc
01-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Survival horrors will be fun.

RPG's could be good depending on how they go about making them. Voice recognition would be great in an RPG, but then how are you going to walk around the world? Maybe make it half control played half Kinect.

Could you imagine playing an RPG game on the Kinect for 500 hours? Lmao you would die.

I was actually thinking of what it would be like if they released something similar to the Wii remote nunchucks to control movement, where as the other hand could be completely free in order to interact with different objects. Either that or glasses that can read brainwave patterns in order to completely be able to control everything else your character does. Then again, thats a little to far into the future for it to be cheap and diverse enough to be integrated into Kinect of all things lmao..

On another note... NEED NARUTO GAME FOR KINECT.

steamvalve14
01-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Wait, is that Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid? I thought the Japanese despised the 360 (In general, anecdotal evidence doesn't count for anything).