PDA

View Full Version : Question about Live interactions

TakkunEG
01-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Before I start interacting with anyone in the game over Live, I have one question that most other people already know the answer to. Do you have to have audio capabilities to interact with other Heroes, or can text/type work just fine? I don't have audio setup and I haven't done live stuff at all. Can someone just give this n00b rundown on what to expect?

Toams07
01-15-2011, 05:06 PM
If both players have the headset plugged in I think you can talk ..
Not sure though ..

NerfTurbo
01-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Interact with another player's orb and "view gamercard" you can then send them a message by viewing their profile. You have to turn the player orbs on first by pressing start and activating them in the first door on the right hand side.

TakkunEG
01-16-2011, 07:29 AM
I've had the orbs on for a few days now and have been giving gifts to people at random, but haven't joined any games or allowed anyone to join me because I wasn't sure how we would communicate in order to figure out what the other person wants. I've only co-op played locally with my husband's profile, but of course those aren't counting for the marriage/baby achievements.

NerfTurbo
01-16-2011, 02:56 PM
I can help with those achievements if you want. My gamertag is Nerf Turbo

niko da bos
01-17-2011, 08:13 PM
for communication between players i never had any problems. as STEEL said, as long as both players have a mic its fine. and MUCH easier than messaging people over XBL, which makes the whole process take 5x longer.

in the shop area of the sanctuary, there are settings you can change. these are the "orb chat" or "orb visibility" that others are talking about. an easier way to get help from others would be probably to just join others games, and in return let others join yours. (you can always use the sanctuary to boot unwanted players)

but i personally have never interacted with the orbs, i just turned the visibility off. if you are trying to get help or just play with others over live, its usually easier to just use a mic

TakkunEG
02-19-2011, 03:32 AM
I ended up 100% this game, just wanted to follow up that I was able to interact fine without audio! Typing over live was a bit time consuming but I managed to lug an old (and rather large) USB keyboard out of the closet to speed things along - good thing I'm a fast typist. Thanks for the encouraging words in this thread, though! :D