PDA

View Full Version : Kinect arcade revealed

judd90
01-16-2011, 04:47 AM
An all-new way to play full-body motion-control games has been revealed, as BMIGaming have launched their Xbox 360 Kinect Arcade Cabinet, known as Letís Kinect!. The Letís Kinect cabinet comes loaded with an Xbox 360 console, Kinect and two control pads as would be expected, but much more besides. The cabinet offers a wide range of customisable options at a varying cost, but even at its most basic it features a 32" high-definition LCD widescreen monitor, backlit scrolling LED display, backlit game instructions and a retail game case holder to display the version availableto buy in stores. Whatís more, for gamers who already have an Xbox 360 console, GamerTags can be loaded and Achievements earned though the inclusion of two memory card slots. For those wishing to purchase a cabinet for private use, Letís Kinect also features rear outputs to send game signals to televisions connecting via HDMI, VGA or Composite & VGA.
*********** A trailer showcasing a standard version of the Letís Kinect arcade cabinet is available below. Offering Kinect Adventures as standard, the Letís Kinect cabinet can of course play any Xbox 360 Kinect game Ė as seen in the video with Ubisoftís Fighters Uncaged Ė and in fact any Xbox 360 game, as it is a standard retail Xbox 360 console that is housed within.
*********** Letís Kinect! is available from BMIGaming for both commercial and residential play right now, more details are available at the official website. Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details on the Xbox 360 Kinect device.
YouTube - New Xbox Kinect Arcade Machine

AltruismIsDead
01-16-2011, 05:13 AM
So it's basically just an arcade cabinet with an xbox 360 and kinect hooked up to it?

Sort of a bummer, at first I was thinking it was going to be along the lines of XBLA or Game Room. Basically a market place on XBL for Kinect arcade games.

Honestly don't know how well of an idea this is. If it's trying to be a full blown pay to play arcade, people looking to play Kinect titles could easily go to just about any store, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Target etc, that have a demo unit on display and play for free.

pedro05
01-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Could be cool let's see what they do with it

gazmaster1
01-16-2011, 09:46 PM
wow what a dissapointment, like the guy said previous i though it would be some sort of hub for kinect products of some sort so to see it as just a cabinet kind of sucked, befor i give my final thoughts i will give it a chance to see were it goes.

pewpewlazergun
01-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Sweet! Im interested to see how it would work without the ability to sign in (if thats taken out).

judd90
01-16-2011, 10:54 PM
You can already play the Kinect without signing in to a profile?