PDA

View Full Version : damn counters

casper018
01-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Im trying to perform counter attacks (yes I bought the upgrades) but I cant pull it off... i keep failing and everytime I try to counter I just release my cover/shield and then I loose health
is there any trick to do it? even after watching the video i still dont get it...
tips plz??

Nozza XBA
01-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Counters are pretty crap in this game and I dint use them at all after I got the achievement. There's really no tips other than what the videos show and games tells you how to get them.

Sometimes it works, others you may be a little off on timing and it wont. Just wait until the Mech attack and intially hits the shield and press X. Its a bit of luck at the end of the day.

I Link v2 I
01-17-2011, 02:36 AM
Nozza is right, once you get the achievement out of the way do not rely on counters because evading and blocking is so much more effective. It's a good thing you only need 20 of these things because I found the counter works when it feels like it, or maybe I sucked at it.

Gamma
01-17-2011, 08:45 PM
The countering system in this game can be a bit tricky, and does require good timing. I've found it's much easier to counter when you wait for a mech's last hit. (Like smaller mechs have 3-hit combos and I think the bigger mechs have 5-hit combos.) Whenever I would try and counter an enemies first or second attack, my shield would just drop and I would take damage. For whatever reason, if I wait for the last hit of the combo, I can counter almost every time.

DarkStar33Cdn
01-31-2011, 06:43 AM
The counters threw me off until I read the description.

You have to counter after they hit your shield, if you try to interrupt-counter you will get hit.

The evade move is better but the if you can counter them you will stun them for a second or two.