PDA

View Full Version : Did Anybody Else Think...

shudderWINGS
01-17-2011, 05:42 AM
...that this game had one of the worst endings ever?

Really? You have to kill "the darkness" inside Walter? And that's it?

If you just played the main storyline, you could finish the game in a solid two-three hours or so, not to mention, the ending was complete trash.

I was ridiculously disappointed at the end of this game. Lame.

Elundari
01-17-2011, 05:57 AM
I was more disappointed that Logan just handed the crown over. I mean really? So I just just have asked for it and not had to do all those quests?

gooniesala
01-17-2011, 06:03 AM
I to also thought the ending wasn't that great, it was pretty easy too. I did however enjoy getting the town drunk when I was asked about the drinking limits.

FSparacino4
01-17-2011, 06:21 AM
The main storyline was quite upsetting, however, getting the 1,000 kept me busy for quite some time. Glad I rented this through GameFly instead of buying it as I wouldn't have played it through again. Lionhead is beginning to disappoint me.

SheriffPyewipe
01-17-2011, 11:14 AM
granted the ending is quite dissapointing, what is more dissapointing however is that people still do not put **spoiler** in thread titles. although you may have finished it, please keep in mind the many people who havn't.

Toams07
01-17-2011, 04:12 PM
I was more disappointed that Logan just handed the crown over. I mean really? So I just just have asked for it and not had to do all those quests?

I think he simply gave it because you killed all of his guards on the way to the castle ..
And because he didn;t want to die so he could tell about the darkness

I'm disappointed about the endng too though ..

niko da bos
01-17-2011, 08:29 PM

lol! actually when i was playing this game the whole time i was thinking
"why didn't Walter just help me overthrow Logan when i learned how to flourish..?"

in general i loved the storyline, was impressed when they said your hero is the son of fable II king. sanctuary was a nice add-on (even better if they kept the hero upgrade center there)

i agree tho, salty ending. they could of atleast given us some random decisions to rule on (throne room) every once in a while after completing the game

ONImukade
01-17-2011, 09:24 PM
The main storyline was quite upsetting, however, getting the 1,000 kept me busy for quite some time. Glad I rented this through GameFly instead of buying it as I wouldn't have played it through again. Lionhead is beginning to disappoint me.

Agreed with the Lionhead point, I thought fable 2 was a massive disappointment as well. I haven't felt like either sequels have managed to top the first one like they said they were going to in terms of the story and aesthetics of the game...

shudderWINGS
01-18-2011, 12:46 AM
I just felt that it was a major disappointment in terms of story. I remember being a bit excited because Lionhead had shifted what is normally the "end" of a game to be the middle, but after the "end" in the middle, it was superbly lame.

Ragnarok1986
01-18-2011, 02:50 AM
100% correct I feel the ending was poor compared to the other two :(

dakisbac
01-18-2011, 04:48 AM
100% correct I feel the ending was poor compared to the other two :(

I'll agree that the ending wasn't great but in no way was it worse than Fable 2. In Fable 2 your choice literally changed nothing, at least in Fable 3 you see the results of your actions.

Back to Fable 2... I especially like how

If you choose to revive your sister you don't even get to see her, you just get some shitty little letter from here. Seriously, Lionhead couldn't put the character back into the game?

Vamantha
01-18-2011, 09:40 AM
I rate the ending as decent. I'm thankful it wasn't like Fable 2 where a music box beats Lucien and he then falls then nothing happens.

Toams07
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
a music box beats lucien
This is a damn awesome post