PDA

View Full Version : How to get the cook's hat.

Delta438
01-19-2011, 06:12 AM
I just got my cook's hat, and I just thought it would be nice to help out those who have yet to get it. I got mine from a female servant(whose character model wasn't wearing a cook's hat), so you don't have to be a female character to get it.

1) Go to the Bowerstone Castle kitchen, and develop a relationship with one of the servants of the opposite sex. The game doesn't explicitly state that they are cooks. Just interact with someone working at the tables or at the stove, not the ones cleaning the floor.

2) Marry that person, and make Bowerstone Castle your family home. (This is for convenience's sake) Set your family upkeep to 1000.

3) Run to your bedroom and start sleeping. Your new wife/husband will give you a gift every 2 days. Run down to the kitchen to claim it. You can sleep for 4 days and he/she will have 2 gifts waiting for you. Not sure if they accumulate beyond 2.

Eventually, one of those gifts will be a cook's hat.

Hope this helped someone.:)

Toams07
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
This was already posted multipl times before, actually ..

Delta438
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
This was already posted multipl times before, actually .. I am aware that this method has been posted before, but there are still people who have doubts as to whether the cook's hat can be obtained through the female servants.

Ragnarok1986
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Good guide but it has been put up before. If its okay OP i will add a link to the FAQ for people to find this one.

scifi riot
01-19-2011, 01:28 PM
And if you have the Underston Quest Pack, its hanging out in a chest in one of the houses there. But again, I'm sure that its posted already.

Ragnarok1986
01-19-2011, 01:34 PM
And if you have the Underston Quest Pack, its hanging out in a chest in one of the houses there. But again, I'm sure that its posted already.

Your kidding, learn something new everyday. Never knew that so if you can't find it buy the Dlc sorted nice :)

Delta438
01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Good guide but it has been put up before. If its okay OP i will add a link to the FAQ for people to find this one. Sure.
Your kidding, learn something new everyday. Never knew that so if you can't find it buy the Dlc sorted nice :)
It's an easy solution, but not many people are willing to buy DLC just for one achievement. Unless they really like the game.:p

Toams07
01-19-2011, 04:19 PM
It's an easy solution, but not many people are willing to buy DLC just for one achievement. Unless they really like the game.:p

Or if they have too much money

scifi riot
01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
No, not everyone is willing to buy it for an item. In fact, I doubt many people at all would buy content for one single achievement. But some people (like myself) bought the DLC without even knowing I could get the hat. Since they put it in the DLC, now its way easier to find someone to trade with. If someone doesn't have it, ask them if they have the Understone Quest Pack, and then tell where it is. Then you both win.

ThePumpkinKing
01-19-2011, 07:42 PM
True Story:

I dug up a Chef's Hat in Mistpeak Valley. It was the very first dig spot I excavated on my second playthrough.

Delta438
01-20-2011, 04:44 AM
True Story:

I dug up a Chef's Hat in Mistpeak Valley. It was the very first dig spot I excavated on my second playthrough. Yup, some people get really lucky and find them in dig spots. I've never had any luck with dig spots.

B Rock3232
01-20-2011, 08:57 PM
I got my first Chef's hat this way as well. But I didn't marry the servent. I was friends with the actual chef and then one of the lady servents. Everytime I came back to the castle I would talk to them so we would be best friends and eventually they gave me one. And I found my second one in a treasure chest right after the bridge you repair to get to the islands you have to restore. So there is many different ways to get one.

scifi riot
01-20-2011, 09:09 PM
I feel like with somewhere in the last couple patches they may have secretly increased the chances of finding one. At first it was super hard to find, now I have tons of people who are randomly digging them up.

Shinobi no Mono
01-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Just to confirm (for probably the hundredth time?) it doesn't have to be a "cook" but any of the servants in the kitchen--heck, make them all love you. Also, something people may have not mentioned, at least in this thread. There is a short dresser and a Big ol' Closet in your bedroom in the Castle. Each give random rare dig items (Chef's Hat being one). So you can search both, fast travel somewhere, and fast travel back to the castle to keep searching them until you get the hat.