PDA

View Full Version : reload if a chest doesn't have the preferred weapon?

SPYAGE
01-19-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm about 12 weapons shy of having all of them. I was wondering, since this 3rd playthrough will more than likely produce a lot of duplicates, if the weapon chests generate a random weapon when you open the chest or is it already decided when you start the game? Was hoping I could dashboard it in the hopes of getting a different weapon if a chest generates a duplicate. Just thought of this and can't get on right now to test this theory. any thoughts?

ImaginaryRuins
01-19-2011, 08:52 AM
I've tried multiple playthroughs, and I've tried that, but from what I observed what weapon the chests give is pre-decided. Yes, it may give a lot of duplicates. One playthrough I could only get two new weapons, but for another I could get four. The more you play, basically the more frustration you may encounter (when everything just duplicates when luck isn't on your side)

I am wondering whether the letters in a game tag has something to do with which weapons it arrange.

Ragnarok1986
01-19-2011, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=I am wondering whether the letters in a game tag has something to do with which weapons it arrange.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this myself and would be cool to find out.

Toams07
01-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Interesting question ..
At one hand weapons are random so there is a chance you'll get a different weapon if you reload,
but at the other hand it seems .. strange that the weapon you would get suddenly changes if you simply reload the game ..

I'd say try it would and make your own conclusion

InvalidAddress
01-19-2011, 09:39 PM
I tested this in the Aurora demon door, figured that was a good place to try since it's always a random weapon. I always got the same weapon.

Here's what I did in case anyone wants to try their own repro.

Opened the Demon door and saved the game.
Opened the chest and received weapon.
Dropped back to dashboard and restarted game.
It auto-loaded the save point from before opening the chest.
Opened chest and got same weapon.

I wonder if it's during the new game creation that all the weapon drops are figured out. That would give each game some randomness, but not allow each crate to be reopened multiple times until you get what you want.

Arcadian Undead
01-19-2011, 11:54 PM
I tested this in the Aurora demon door, figured that was a good place to try since it's always a random weapon. I always got the same weapon.

Here's what I did in case anyone wants to try their own repro.

Opened the Demon door and saved the game.
Opened the chest and received weapon.
Dropped back to dashboard and restarted game.
It auto-loaded the save point from before opening the chest.
Opened chest and got same weapon.

I wonder if it's during the new game creation that all the weapon drops are figured out. That would give each game some randomness, but not allow each crate to be reopened multiple times until you get what you want.

What if you saved before opening the door, then did your processs, without saving inside the door that is, and retry. Seems plausable.

LoversandBrothers
01-22-2011, 10:41 PM
I guess the game generates the content of the chests when you enter an area for the first time. Notice that in world map when travelling to a new location; the game saves before loading the area.

Dante Kenobi
01-24-2011, 10:10 AM
I've also tried opening various chests and reloading and every time it gives the same weapon, this includes demon door and gold goor chests. However I did copy a save i had during the rulings section using the duplication method using a pc and usb stick. My save was just before deciding whether or not to mine Aurora, (I wanted to see the difference). On my first go I was 100% good and opened the demon door there and got the Shreiking pilgrim. On my second go I mined Aurora was 100% evil opened the demon door and got the Blood craver. Could be a coincidence, could be due to good or evil, could be due to the ruling decision or could be a random chest if your save is early enough.

alex1407
01-24-2011, 02:57 PM
I've tried reloading game,reloading last save,tried this alone and with each of my 4 characters on different game tags.Always got the same weapon. On the other hand content of regular chests and dig spots always changing.

dakisbac
01-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Legendary weapons locations are decided as soon as you make the save. Which ones are chosen are random but once decided cannot change.

Of the 50, X are shop-only weapons and only 12 of which appear in your world, Y are chest-only weapons and only 12 of which appear in your world, and the remaining 2 that you can collect are the quest weapons - always the same and available to everybody.

Dante Kenobi
01-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Legendary weapons locations are decided as soon as you make the save. Which ones are chosen are random but once decided cannot change.

Of the 50, X are shop-only weapons and only 12 of which appear in your world, Y are chest-only weapons and only 12 of which appear in your world, and the remaining 2 that you can collect are the quest weapons - always the same and available to everybody.
I'm not saying you're wrong buddy but maybe if your save is before you gain access to a certain area, as mine was, maybe the weapon is still undecided.Though it could be the moral choice thing. I could do with someone else trying it to see.