PDA

View Full Version : 1470G 29/30 Chests.....

yidmanic
01-19-2011, 12:36 PM
So I've played it through three times, busted the 2 DLC chapters and still need one damn chest. Used a good youtube guide for them but must have missed one somewhere as no-one seems to have a glitch problem for this cheevo. Only thing I can think happened is I got the chest then died before reaching a checkpoint and didn't get it again. Playthrough 4 here we come... sigh.

Baihu1983
01-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Wont matter if you died, the game auto saves as soon as you open them. Watch roosterteeths achievement guides on youtube and use that.

crackedeggs1
01-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Long shot, but maybe you missed the same 1 as me. After fighting alongside the kidnapper on Lovers' Peak, when you get your gun back, make an about face and run towards the waterfall.

Eggy x360a
01-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Im in a similar situation, only with those damn thermoses. I was sure I followed the collectible guide to the letter, but it seems Im missing 2 or 3. Whole new playthrough for that...yay :(

Perasnovitch
01-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Does collectible carry over new playthrought?

Eggy x360a
01-31-2011, 03:50 AM
Does collectible carry over new playthrought?

Yes, almost everything (perhaps even everything) does carry over. Your manuscripts, thermoses, even enemies killed with various weapons is carried over.

I R BFOG
02-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Yes, almost everything (perhaps even everything) does carry over. Your manuscripts, thermoses, even enemies killed with various weapons is carried over.

Yes EVERYTHING carries over. Manuscripts will show up again but there is no need to pick them up again.

Wortsenawl
02-02-2011, 09:55 AM
So how do you start a whole new game if you have missed, say 1 thermos? I fear that is going to have happened to me and I would rather do a new thermos run that try and figure which I have missed. So my question, is it possible to restart from scrath will all collectibles and stats reset to zero (without deleting the save)?

I R BFOG
02-02-2011, 09:58 AM
So how do you start a whole new game if you have missed, say 1 thermos? I fear that is going to have happened to me and I would rather do a new thermos run that try and figure which I have missed. So my question, is it possible to restart from scrath will all collectibles and stats reset to zero (without deleting the save)?

Nope you cant erase to start from scratch. You just have to go through a long process of elimination. I have all collectibles so i feel your pain.

Wortsenawl
02-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Nope you cant erase to start from scratch. You just have to go through a long process of elimination. I have all collectibles so i feel your pain.

Bugger...!

Feanor5503
02-07-2011, 12:01 AM
It's a shame they don't track the collectibles by Chapter the way Uncharted 2 does.

Then you could at least know which Chapter the missing chest is in.

NorthernZoot
02-08-2011, 11:31 PM
It's a bit of the pain, but if you follow the colour-coded collectibles guide (sticky'd above), you will find every collectible. Unfortunately, you'll likely have to go through and try and find each one until you find the one you're missing.

If it's thermoses you're missing, at least you know that if you see it, it's the one you're missing. Chests and Manuscripts will show up again in every play through, but you don't have to pick them up if you already have them.

ppzhangg
02-17-2011, 05:56 AM
I really don't think I could be as patient as you guys for this....

Marvolo
02-17-2011, 07:41 AM
I had the same problem too... missed 1, literally ONE, thermos missed.... was really pissed off, but fortunatly I missed it already in Episode 2, Chapter 1 at the beginning, so it wasn't to tough for me....

FSparacino4
02-18-2011, 11:48 AM
It's a bit of the pain, but if you follow the colour-coded collectibles guide (sticky'd above), you will find every collectible. Unfortunately, you'll likely have to go through and try and find each one until you find the one you're missing.

If it's thermoses you're missing, at least you know that if you see it, it's the one you're missing. Chests and Manuscripts will show up again in every play through, but you don't have to pick them up if you already have them.

If you are missing manuscripts though, you can easily find out which one because they are listed by Chapter and it gives you the names of the ones you have.

Shade42
02-20-2011, 05:41 AM
I feel your pain, I've got every collectible achievement in the game and the dlcs (in large part thanks to people on here), save for the nightmare manuscripts that I'm working on now, and 1 annoying, outstanding thermos that I must have missed somewhere.

That 99 on the statistics page just sits there, staring at me. Mocking me... Like the last Templar in Assassin's Creed...