PDA

View Full Version : Deep Breath Medal Will NOT Unlock

ThePumpkinKing
01-19-2011, 07:21 PM
I've followed the guide. Several Times. Tried doing this over 30 times now. And the damn medal just refuses to unlock. Does anyone have a video of this being done? And a surefire way to do it? Because I'm beginning to think that this is one of those medals that, because of the new patch, has been rendered unobtainable.

Jericho666
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
I've followed the guide. Several Times. Tried doing this over 30 times now. And the damn medal just refuses to unlock. Does anyone have a video of this being done? And a surefire way to do it? Because I'm beginning to think that this is one of those medals that, because of the new patch, has been rendered unobtainable.
It is the item behind the elevator door halfway up the huge elevator shaft you swim up in Act 2. My only suggestion would be that it says 'in one breath', try the chapter over again. I got it in my first play-through. Hope this helps you.

Karachi King
01-20-2011, 01:36 AM
I'm having the same problem. I've been down the elevator shaft so many times, but it just won't give me the medal.

ThePumpkinKing
01-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Got it to unlock by starting a new game. Luckily, your collectible and medal progress is carried. Blazed through chapter 1. Unlocked 1st try at the start of chapter 2.

Karachi King
01-21-2011, 09:47 AM
I just tried that and still nothing... :(

Darkchyle
01-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Okay Just to clarify things the medal is obtainable after the patch as I just try it minutes ago before this post on a savegame my gamertag and a new game my other gamertag...

This is how it works for me (sorry no video guide..)

If you are using a completed game save game or any savegame that have act 2 unlock just choose load and select ACT 2 and either watch the cutscene or skip it by holding "A". Before you even go any further, turn around and press "X" to open the elevator door, jump into the water and before you start the run get yourself above water first facing the direct of the elevator door (This helps you see elevator for the lower floor and need not waste time if you miss it or need to look for it) for 1 or 2 sec then when ready press the "B" button to dive, as you reach the elevator door quickly press "X" to open it. Once the door open press "A" (swim faster button)to swim in, turn right at the corner and all the way to the green glowing body at the end of the corridor, as you reach it the "X" button should appear to search the body press to search and press "A" twice to pick-up the two documents, once done quickly turn around and press "A" again to swim faster and back to the elevator door, once there press "X" to open and again once out into the shaft press "Y" immedately to rise to the surface, once you hit the top the medal should unlock.. Thank you..

darkmikasonfire
01-21-2011, 10:02 PM
I just tried to get it 3 times and I still can't obtain it. please make a video getting it.

Karachi King
01-21-2011, 11:15 PM
This is how it works for me (sorry no video guide..)

The only difference between what I was doing and your method is that I would normally just jump in and start swimming down immediately. I just tried your method by waiting on the surface for a few seconds and still nothing.

I must have collected those documents 30 times or more and no medal... :(

Darkchyle
01-22-2011, 06:13 AM
just for darkmikasonfire and Karachi King, heck and anyone else having the same issue with the medal..

Sorry the quality is not very good but you should be able to figure out the works..

YouTube - Hydrophobia Deep Breath medal (after patch)

Karachi King
01-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Which is exactly what I've done many times over. :mad:

Is there some way to clear my medal progress and start over from scratch? I tried deleting the saves from the dashboard, but it still kept all my medals.

EDIT: I deleted everything, redownloaded the game, and managed to unlock the medal, even though I did the same thing I'd done 50 times already. There is obviously some kind of glitch that can stop you from unlocking it.

Hybridchld
01-30-2011, 02:19 AM
just for darkmikasonfire and Karachi King, heck and anyone else having the same issue with the medal..

Sorry the quality is not very good but you should be able to figure out the works..

YouTube - Hydrophobia Deep Breath medal (after patch) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVuANblX5w8)

Thanks for the video, I did this 5 times with no luck. After watching the video i noticed there where two collectables so I did it again making sure to get both and it unlocked.

Darkchyle
01-31-2011, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the video, I did this 5 times with no luck. After watching the video i noticed there where two collectables so I did it again making sure to get both and it unlocked.

No problem and glad the video help you. I recieved alot of help here too just a favour return to help others :)

Shadowiii
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
I collected the documents while breathing, and now they are just not there anymore. I even started up Act 2 fresh and the damn things still won't appear (which I assume is necessary for the Medal).
Any suggestions?

Love Bandit
02-08-2011, 08:34 PM
I collected the documents while breathing, and now they are just not there anymore. I even started up Act 2 fresh and the damn things still won't appear (which I assume is necessary for the Medal).
Any suggestions?

Same thing happened to me. Only thing that worked was deleting my saves and starting again. Then it unlocked first time at the start of Act 2. Didn't do anything different, it just worked.

Pain in the backside, but it worked, and the levels aren't that long. Had to redo 2 to get the collectibles anyway.

Darkchyle
02-09-2011, 04:10 AM
Any suggestions?

Pretty strange as any restart of an act will respawn the pickups apart from the imprinted ones (correct me if I'm wrong).. But if it still fails please follow as love bandit did delete save files and re-work the items... good luck ..

FFFreak1129
02-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Which is exactly what I've done many times over. :mad:

Is there some way to clear my medal progress and start over from scratch? I tried deleting the saves from the dashboard, but it still kept all my medals.

EDIT: I deleted everything, redownloaded the game, and managed to unlock the medal, even though I did the same thing I'd done 50 times already. There is obviously some kind of glitch that can stop you from unlocking it.

I had to do the same thing. I followed the video exactly and it didn't unlock the medal. I deleted the game and redownloaded it and got the same result. Finally said screw it and deleted my save. It unlocked the first time I tried it.

I think what messed me up was that I got the documents in Act 1, and then I died, so I had to collect them again. When I went to get them in Act 2 it glitched and wouldn't unlock the medal.

boutbout
02-15-2011, 03:10 PM
I think what messed me up was that I got the documents in Act 1, and then I died, so I had to collect them again. When I went to get them in Act 2 it glitched and wouldn't unlock the medal.

I did the same thing.
So I had to erase my save and replay the game without trying to retrieve the documents before Act 2.
And it worked.

ADenton109
02-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Mine worked as soon as i got back to the lift shaft it unlocked the medal.

boutbout
02-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Mine worked as soon as i got back to the lift shaft it unlocked the medal.

probably because you did not try to recover the documents during act 1

ADenton109
02-17-2011, 12:01 AM
probably because you did not try to recover the documents during act 1

I collected all available documents in act 1?

darkmikasonfire
02-27-2011, 07:42 PM
YouTube - Hydrophobia Deep Breath medal (after patch) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVuANblX5w8)

thank you so much for that, it seems i wasn't doing anything wrong i just have to delete everything and redo all the medals. god that sucks so bad. :-( crap. that was literally the only medal i needed before the achievement :-/. not cool.

Restricted-Access
09-21-2011, 09:07 AM
EDIT: Be sure to read ALL of the suggestions in this thread... whether you are about to play the game, just started... or have already encountered the glitch this thread is about. Depending on where you are in the game, the tips here "should" help you if you're worried about this glitch, or if you have already discovered it!

This medal ("Deep Breath") is DEFINITELY glitched! It's not impossible to get, but damn near!!

I tried nearly all of the things people here had tried (short of deleting the game and re-downloading it)... but none of it worked. I really don't think deleting the game would do it!

What I finally ended-up doing that worked... was to delete all the game saves, clear the cache... and play a "new" game and NOT download the update. Wow... talk about a VERY different game-playing experience! Doing it this way meant having to re-collect EVERYTHING once again. Some of the medals that are "easy" to get after the patch, are nearly impossible BEFORE the patch!

That body with the two documents for the "Deep Breath" medal is NOT down there before the patch: It's right next to where you start Act 2! You actually have to play through the story-line, kill that first Malthusian you are able to, then you eventually go down to that location where the body is (post-patch), use the Mavi to get the cypher, and swim back to the elevator shaft and pray you reach the top of the water-line before you drown.

After I got the medal, I kept playing until I got to a point in the game where it showed I had reached a Checkpoint. Then, I quit to the main menu, hit my guide button and logged into Xbox LIVE. I accepted the update, chose "Load Game" and was able to "continue" where I left-off. Once I verified that the medals I had acquired BEFORE the patch were still collected, I quit to the main menu and reloaded Act 1 to go back and get any medals I missed on the previous play (like that "Panther" medal, which is nearly impossible to get before the patch)!

I'm still replaying the game to "reacquire" the medals I had before, but at least I have the glitched "Deep Breath" medal. I'll have to inform "Dark Energy Digital" that the Deep Breath medal is EXTREMELY GLITCHED, and that it needs to be patched! I could be done with all the achievements by now, but this replay after replay for that one medal is maddening!!!

I would have liked it better if the requirement for the achievement was not "all" the medals, but maybe 85% of them (like getting 85% of the animus glitches for the "Hungerer of Knowledge" achievement in "Assassin's Creed")!

Well... D.E.D. may have seriously patched the game, but they won't change the achievements. Well... I "suppose" they could, but probably not.

Restricted-Access
10-03-2011, 07:23 AM
UPDATE! I'm playing the game again (Hard Difficulty, again... in case you want to know), and I "just" got the DEEP BREATH medal - on the first try! I am playing it with the "Pure" patch (NOT with the cache cleared).

At the start of Act 2, after regaining control of Kate... I walked into the elevator shaft, and she dropped into it, turning around and hanging onto the edge of the elevator doorway. I hit the "B" button to drop into the water, and continued holding the "B" button until she reached the door to the next floor (you can change your point-of-view as you're swimming down with the right thumbstick - if you like). As I got to the door, I pressed the "X" button to open it, and started swimming ("A" button) to the floating "green" body (forward, and then to the right) at the end of the hall. Once you are close to the body, Press "X" 3 times, but wait a second or two between presses when getting the documents (just a precaution), then head back to the elevator shaft - DO NOT collect any other items! Swim-up to the surface, but stop just short of the surface and wait until you are "ALMOST" about to drown before swimming to the surface (just make sure you are a foot or two from the surface). Once the "breath-bar" was almost gone, I quickly swam-up ("Y" button") and the "Deep Breath" medal popped!

I don't know if it is important to wait until you are almost about to die, but this was the ONLY time I got it to unlock with the game-patch in place! I was REALLY surprised that the medal unlocked, as I was NOT going to try it again (I already have all the achievements, so I don't need to "100%" the medals anymore). Most of the other times when I tried to get the medal, my breath-bar "barely" turned red before I broke the surface of the water. Maybe it only unlocks if you are just about to drown???

After the medal unlocked, I went back down past the body... into that room to the left, and collected that document on the wall.

I thought I should let everyone know how easily it unlocked this time around, and maybe that technique will work for other people who have been having a tough time getting it to unlock! I don't think it matters if you are playing it on Hard, Easy... etc. Just don't try to get that Malthus document at the same time you are getting the documents from the dead body. Even if you think you'll have time for it, THAT may interfere with the medal unlocking.

Good luck, people! :D

damienmocata
10-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Just want to confirm that deleting all the saves but not the updates worked for me (Oct 2011). Means getting everything again but at least the glitched one is mine now!

Blizzard-1
10-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Dont do anything with the set of doors halfway up the shaft during Act 1, as soon as Act 2 begins turn around go back down shaft, through the doors collect both items from the body (get the imprinted sign if enough time, i did and it didnt affect Medal) then return to the surface for your medal.

It only glitched on me when i collected from the body during Act 1, drowned and then completed Act 1 on my next attempt (without going to body). This caused the glitch and i had to delete everything and start again.

jim16127
11-07-2011, 05:49 AM
It only glitched on me when i collected from the body during Act 1, drowned and then completed Act 1 on my next attempt (without going to body). This caused the glitch and i had to delete everything and start again.

That's exactly what I did and could NOT get the medal. Deleted my gamesaves and started fresh and it unlocked immediately after I did the requirement. I got it in act 1 though. Here's what I did... Started new game, got every collectible up to when you swim to the elevator. I swam up the elevator shaft all the way to the top, Didn't open the door (the one for the medal). When I reached the top I swam down to that door, opened it swam down the hall to the body, claimed what the body had and I even got the document on the wall. Swam all the way back and to the top of the elevator shaft. Voila medal popped as soon as I got above water. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. THIS WAS A PAIN. I will have to replay through everything in the game once again.

PS- I am on PS3 NOT XBOX but I figured I'd add to the thread and help the cause. Great site BTW! I am member of PS3T, this site resembles it a lot! Maybe sister sites?

Razzazzika
01-14-2012, 06:03 AM
I can confirm that what glitches this medal is trying to do it on act 1. For some reason this is considered an act 2 medal, and will only activate on act 2. if you attempt to do it on act one, whether you fail or succeed, it doesn't work, and whether you reload a checkpoint or not, it seems to tag the documents or SOMETHING such that even doing it on act 2 doesn't unlock the medal anymore. I wiped my save and then did NOT touch it at all on act 1, started act 2, then got the documents and FINALLY got the medal.

scorpion_tk04
06-22-2012, 03:21 PM
son of a..... i have to redo all medals/collectibles simply because i explored that room and collected the documents when i was in act 3.....

EDIT: no wait.... i found a work around..... i noticed you keep individual save files for each act. so i cleared system cache and started up a game without the update. played up to the start of act 2. what this did was give me a new save file for act 2. i exited the game, restarted and downloaded the update. when loading act 2, i only had the collectibles i had for the new save i had created. i dove in the water and went for the deep breath medal anyway. i got it the first try. since act 3 still had my original save, i loaded that game up and it ended up giving me all my original medals PLUS the deep breath medal.

EDIT 2: going back to act 1 or 2 does not transfer over the medals from the act 3 file. not even a new game lets it transfer over. make sure you dont complete act 2, or it might override your act 3 file with all the medals.

another note, the two challenge room medals were the last i needed, but when i started up the challenge room, i only had the medals from act 1/2. i completed the two medals anyways, and loaded up act 3 afterwards. i had all the medals, but to make the achievement pop, i had to kill the first enemy and take his ammo.

UberHilikus
07-05-2012, 04:43 AM
son of a..... i have to redo all medals/collectibles simply because i explored that room and collected the documents when i was in act 3.....

EDIT: no wait.... i found a work around..... i noticed you keep individual save files for each act. so i cleared system cache and started up a game without the update. played up to the start of act 2. what this did was give me a new save file for act 2. i exited the game, restarted and downloaded the update. when loading act 2, i only had the collectibles i had for the new save i had created. i dove in the water and went for the deep breath medal anyway. i got it the first try. since act 3 still had my original save, i loaded that game up and it ended up giving me all my original medals PLUS the deep breath medal.

EDIT 2: going back to act 1 or 2 does not transfer over the medals from the act 3 file. not even a new game lets it transfer over. make sure you dont complete act 2, or it might override your act 3 file with all the medals.

another note, the two challenge room medals were the last i needed, but when i started up the challenge room, i only had the medals from act 1/2. i completed the two medals anyways, and loaded up act 3 afterwards. i had all the medals, but to make the achievement pop, i had to kill the first enemy and take his ammo.

I managed to unlock the medal by using this method. Fantastic work discovering this! Saved me a lot of time by not having to replay everything. :woop:

I did things slightly different, but I didn't have a problem. I deleted the update (clear cache), and breezed through Act 1 without collecting many documents/collectables (I already had all the documents on my previous run....I only needed Deep Breath and the Challenge room), and saved at start of Act 2. I got Deep Breath on first try, and quit the game only having something like 7 or 8 medals for Act 1 (Deep Breath included).

I then quit the game, and applied update, and reloaded Act 3. I noticed I was missing most of the medals for Act 3, but had everything for Act 1 and Act 2. I had to quickly run through Act 3 grabbing all the collectables and finishing the game again (it's a pretty short level).

Once finished, I had 45/47 medals. I completed the challenge room and unlocked 47/47. The achievement did not unlock until I restarted Act 3 and unlocked the Flood medal again. I suspect that it would unlock after receiving any other medal, but Flood is really easy to get.

Since I only grabbed 1/2 of the documents in Act 1, my document count was way off when the achievement popped. I guess since I already had the collectables medals, that was all it was looking for.

This does seem pretty odd doing it this method, but it honestly saved me hours by pretty much avoiding Act 2 and most of Act 1. It works!