PDA

View Full Version : 20 Friends Question

Redstorm80
01-19-2011, 09:27 PM
So I already beat the game, saved evryone and they all say "Best Friend" yet I did not get the achievement. Did I do something wrong? Is it still possible to obtain this achievement if there is no story left to play? Anyone please help?

Ragnarok1986
01-19-2011, 09:29 PM
At the top of the forum is a link for this with loads of information and you can do this even with the main story done ;)

FSparacino4
01-20-2011, 12:10 AM
People that become your friends because of your decisions as Ruler do not count towards this achievement. You will have to complete the friendship quest for the 20 people in order to get this. The achievement can glitch so be sure to follow the step-by-step guide found as an announcement on the top of this forum.

Redstorm80
01-20-2011, 05:30 PM
I must have totally overlooked that post. Thanks for the help guys.

JamieD93
01-24-2011, 03:12 AM
Hey i did this achievement today, Basically what i did was i went around brightwall collecting relationship quests until my quest list was full (This was at approx. 10) then i would leave, complete the collecting/delivering part of the quest for all 10 then once i had finished, returned to brightwall to end all the quests, this then boosted me up from 0/20 > 10/20.

after this i travelled to bowerstone to rinse and repeat.. within 1h achievement unlocked.

hope this helps :)

^prior to today (when i last attempted) roughly 2-3 weeks ago, the achievement glitched and the counter wouldnt increase but today it was reset and i got to try again :)

Rixiden
01-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Now THAT sir is a great idea!

DeathConvoy
01-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Just a tip which sounds pretty silly now that I've worked it out. I had great pains getting this achievement until I worked out what was going on. I tried all the tricks listed here, after about 20 friend quests I still didn't have any progress bars come up.

For me, I was losing friends faster than I could keep them. Playing evil with property at highest rates, yeah - I was hated. When I did manage to get the progress bar up, sure enough, I saw it go down too. I'd pick just one place for your friend collection - I chose the Dwellers because it was cheap. Bought all property and set it so no-one had to pay rent. I then donated a heap of gold to the treasury to boost my morale.

Made it real easy to get a friends and keep them within the town. All quests were either Mistpeak - with everything dead from a previous run, it was real quick. Otherwise it was a delivery/fetch quest at Brightwall, again - easy.

jasoNicMan
01-29-2011, 08:24 PM
i took care of this one right away at the Dweller Camp, while Walter was talking to Sabine. i made friends with everyone in the Dweller Camp. Good way to start off the game with some guild seals.

Neuman
01-30-2011, 07:50 PM
If you have finished the game, and are a good king, the easiest way is to steal something in town, with people watching, which will make them all neutral. then just friend em. done this and achievement popped no problems

THEslimeBALL
02-01-2011, 11:08 PM
I did this last night (I have finished the story), took me no longer than an hour, like someone above mentioned, gather a large number of quests from neutrals in the same area and travel around efficiently and do them all, the acheivement didn't glitch for me...

I think the key is making sure you friend villiagers that are neutral, do the single quest to become friends and boom.

One thing I did notice though is that the counter only showed 2-3 times, at 5, 6 and 18 friends for memory, every other time, the game felt the need to remind me how many villiagers hate me - which wasnt rising :/