PDA

View Full Version : Accomplishments / "Beat My Score" thread

NathAttack
01-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Well, I dunno about you guys, but I've noticed this forum is reasonably quiet, which is a shame because this game is so amazing!

So partly because of that, and partly because I'm sure we all love sharing our accomplishments in this game, why not share them with each other and liven this place up a tad?

Your accomplishment can be anything, from that song you finally managed to five-star, the achievement you finally nabbed, or how you Gold Starred Don't Sweat The Technique on Hard -- As long as you're proud of it, post it!

If this takes off, perhaps we'll try to get an x360a tournament/song of the week type deal happening (as suggested by another poster in another thread -- good idea).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few things I'm particularly proud of from a session today:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8310/21012011medium.jpg
Finally got this gold-starred!

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/655/21012011001medium.jpg
Fun song, the gold stars are a normal thing but breaking 900k is something I never quite managed to do before, definitely psyched about this.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/5477/21012011002medium.jpg
Nothing much to see here, just the obligatory "Poker Face" score.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1261/21012011003medium.jpg
First time I ever gold-starred this also, particularly proud of this.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6663/21012011004medium.jpg
Definitely not my best run, am yet to Gold this... I will make it!

MADasaHatter
01-21-2011, 04:01 AM
Well damn. Those are some sick scores. Each one tops the scores I've done on those songs so it gives me a good target to try to hit (minus Body Movin'- I'm not going near that song again lol). I guess I'll post my biggest scores too. I just need to muster them up.

lucazzo
01-21-2011, 11:38 AM
That's it. I'm not resting until I nail that 100% on Soulja Boy now.

Shot earlier today (before you went and made my high score cry, oh dastardly one!) for the amusement of you all:

YouTube - Dance Central: Soulja Boy - Crank That - Hard.

EDIT: thinking that a good way to set up a "tournament" could be to set up a date, say, 3-4 days from now, and then check the highest score for a song by that date. Or perhaps do batches, like Poker Face-Challenge 1, and add up the scores of each song for a total of the batch?

MADasaHatter
01-21-2011, 04:53 PM
That's it. I'm not resting until I nail that 100% on Soulja Boy now.

Shot earlier today (before you went and made my high score cry, oh dastardly one!) for the amusement of you all:

YouTube - Dance Central: Soulja Boy - Crank That - Hard. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v51qtQSLh-g)

EDIT: thinking that a good way to set up a "tournament" could be to set up a date, say, 3-4 days from now, and then check the highest score for a song by that date. Or perhaps do batches, like Poker Face-Challenge 1, and add up the scores of each song for a total of the batch?

Tournament, I'd be all up for. A friendly weekly one would be pretty nice actually.

And yeah, not too shabby for a whiteboy indeed lucazzo. Soulja Boy is one of the songs I haven't really gotten into, mostly because I couldn't move without hearing it for an entire year where I live. I'll try my best at it and see what score I can muster.

I guess the songs I'm most proud of are the ones in my miniguide already.
The high scores of that bunch that I really dig is

Calle Ocho- 899,380
Satisfaction- 799,859
I Got a Feeling- 1,002,247

bathori
01-21-2011, 05:35 PM
I really can't compete with most of those scores.
I'm still on easy for most songs. I think I can jump up to high difficulty without to much trouble, but I'm still working on the "something to prove" achievement.

So I only have one worthwhile accomplishment in this game and that is on Pokerface.

Last night I set a score that placed me at 43 on the world rankings. I'm not at the game right now but it think it was around 887,000.

Tourments are great ideas too!

lucazzo
01-21-2011, 06:27 PM
I really can't compete with most of those scores.
I'm still on easy for most songs. I think I can jump up to high difficulty without to much trouble, but I'm still working on the "something to prove" achievement.

So I only have one worthwhile accomplishment in this game and that is on Pokerface.

Last night I set a score that placed me at 43 on the world rankings. I'm not at the game right now but it think it was around 887,000.

Tourments are great ideas too!

I'd never cared about leaderboards... until I added those two fellas about (Madruckis and Nath Attack). Now it's more of a challenge: if they can get such high scores, so can I.

And don't worry about "catching up". You'll get exponentially better as the game goes along. Just make sure to 5-star a song before moving onto the next one, or else you'll start figuring that "4 stars are good enough".

And.... almost there! (screwed up Robocop, dammit!)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15757777/DSCN0421%20%28640x480%29.jpg

MADasaHatter
01-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Okay, I'm kind of upset I wasn't taping but I guess this'll do.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/madruckis1/100_7690.jpg

And finally, the first time I break the top 50 on the leaderboards
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/madruckis1/100_7689.jpg

MADasaHatter
01-22-2011, 09:54 PM
i'm going to post this here because ... well, I can.

Something that's probably hampering me from getting the gold stars in "Drop It Like It's Hot" is the fact that it gives me nothing for my freestyle. I've tried jumping around, throwing things, adding a bunch of people to jump around and throw things with me...

Nothing.

I usually just make some moves, wave my arms and get a flawless freestyle- at least a good freestyle. But that song is the only one that doesn't let me extend my combo. Am I the only one?

lucazzo
01-22-2011, 11:31 PM
i'm going to post this here because ... well, I can.

Something that's probably hampering me from getting the gold stars in "Drop It Like It's Hot" is the fact that it gives me nothing for my freestyle. I've tried jumping around, throwing things, adding a bunch of people to jump around and throw things with me...

Nothing.

I usually just make some moves, wave my arms and get a flawless freestyle- at least a good freestyle. But that song is the only one that doesn't let me extend my combo. Am I the only one?

I honestly can't tell at the moment if it gives me nothing, but I keep getting nice freestyles instead of flawless. What I do find idiotic is that the song is considered a high difficulty one. Guess it's the odd beat, but nowhere comparable to "Technique" (which, I admit, I've given up on)

MADasaHatter
01-23-2011, 12:05 AM
I honestly can't tell at the moment if it gives me nothing, but I keep getting nice freestyles instead of flawless. What I do find idiotic is that the song is considered a high difficulty one. Guess it's the odd beat, but nowhere comparable to "Technique" (which, I admit, I've given up on)

The damn thing gives me nothing- no on screen messages like Good, or Flawless or Go to Hell. Nothing. Only song that does that too. :confused:

And lucazzo- it sounds like you're sweating the technique.

lucazzo
01-23-2011, 02:38 AM
And lucazzo- it sounds like you're sweating the technique.

There are some songs that I've crossed off. I don't like the songs, and I don't like the choreography, so I probably won't revisit them at all. "Technique" and "Flava in your ear" are two of these, so don't expect particularly high scores from me there, lol.

One that bothers me in particular, though, is Satisfaction. Great song, but the choreography could have been so much better.

NathAttack
01-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Okay, back from holidays, time to get mah groove on again!

MAD, that Jerk score is pretty damn impressive, I'm going to have to target that next time I play :)

Rolks
02-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Wow, you guys rock. My wife and I are still struggling through Easy, though she is doing much better than I am.

Btw Lucazzo, I compliment you on your bravery in posting your dance. I might have to try and convince my wife to do it once.

lucazzo
02-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Wow, you guys rock. My wife and I are still struggling through Easy, though she is doing much better than I am.

Btw Lucazzo, I compliment you on your bravery in posting your dance. I might have to try and convince my wife to do it once.

It's not bravery. It's alcohol.

CreepyUncleMike
02-28-2011, 05:33 AM
What I have here isn't nearly as impressive as everything else in this thread, but I thought I'd share anyway. Just got Pure Perfection. That one was just a matter of time though, doing Poker Face easy as my warmup. What I feel better about, as pathetic as it sounds, is unlocking the third challenge.

Rump Shaker was my last obstacle. Apparently, it doesn't take much to 4 star a song. I didn't even attempt the Bow Bounces. I can't nail them yet at full speed and it's thoroughly exhausting. One of these times, I'll have to go to that move in Break It Down, slow the thing down, do it like 12 times in a row before going back to full speed. Repeating as necessary. In any case, it says I passed fewer than 70% of the moves, yet I got the 4 stars necessary to unlock the challenge.

I'm saving that for next time. I figured that was a real good place to call it quits for the night.

Edit: Actually doing the challenge was anti-climactic after unlocking it. It's like they took the easiest parts of each song. Four stars first attempt, five stars second attempt for the achievement. Now I'll need to go back and get 5 stars on the other songs that led up to the challenge, probably starting with Jungle Boogie.

CreepyUncleMike
03-17-2011, 04:47 AM
All right, I just finished with the Grand Finale. The odd thing is none of the challenges were as hard to unlock for me as the moderate challenge. I figured maybe it was about time to see if those moderate songs were really that hard or if I got better. More specificially, Rump Shaker (easy).

Previously, I'd get Hoodie about 60% of the time and don't think I'd ever passed Bow Bounce at full speed. I'd be thoroughly exhausted just from doing the song on Break It Down. Even though I'd gotten my 4 stars to unlock the moderate challenge, I had yet to pass 70% of the moves on either mode. So I decided to try Break It Down again. I don't remember what I missed, but I got 98%.

But I was still thoroughly exhausted after the first recap. Strings of Hop Hop Hit, Hoodie, and Bow Bounce? Oh yeah, that takes a lot out of me. I can still say it's the most tiring song there is. Ah well, my break's over. Time to see about that fifth star.

Edit: Then again, maybe it was just my night. It's been quite a while since I did Rump Shaker, but I played Pump Up the Jam for the first time Monday. I'd been stuck on 4 stars. Tonight, I upgraded those to gold. That puts me within the top 5k on that song, which may not be that impressive for a lot of you on here, but that's pretty good for me at this point. :)

That leaves me with 2 songs left to get 5 stars on easy with. Some other night.