PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Virtual Lobby

ashleary
01-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Just had a thought about a virtual lobby where you can use your avatar to interact with other xbl kinect users.

Sort of a pub type area where you can go and see who's in there. Check out people's achievements lists, find boosting partners, recruit clan members etc. Or perhaps just start a KinectSportsBoxing style fight :D

Wonder if m$ will ever make something like this?

tugboatman
01-21-2011, 11:59 AM
might be cool but to me it sounds a bit too much like Playstation Home which fell on its ass big time!!!

ashleary
01-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Ooh I've heard or seen that. I can imagine ways in which it could be totally pap. Perhaps not just a general lobby but maybe integrating it with party chat, when your chatting, you could control your avatar.

To be honest, I just the idea of making your avatars scrap with each other :D

Starstrukk X360A
01-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I can see so many ways people would use this for vulgar reasons.

Pyrochaos
01-21-2011, 04:21 PM
They kind of already have something like that coming out:

YouTube - Avatar Kinect for Xbox 360

WhoStoleMyKiwis
01-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah Avatar Kinect is the next new thing thats going to be coming out. I actually think it will be a really great thing for gaming, seeing as it will be able to recognize whether you smile or frown, or laugh even. I truly hope people keep their vulgarities to themselves and not ruin something that's going to push innovation even further.

DoctorPolski
01-21-2011, 06:14 PM
YI truly hope people keep their vulgarities to themselves and not ruin something that's going to push innovation even further.

And yet historically it has often been people and their "vulgarities" that have provided the money to push innovation even further...:ass

... sorry. Couldn't resist with the butt smilie.

ConflagrationMN
01-23-2011, 03:47 AM
It's a cool idea but I honestly don't think I would ever use it once the novelty wears off.

I think the Wii had something kinda like this too, but no one ever actually used it.

Optomistic
01-23-2011, 07:21 AM
I think this would be interesting. Mind you, I was hoping games room would fulfill this feature, but that turned out to be a pile of crud.

RichXbox360
01-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Unless this is age restricted to adults only, it will be full of immature 12 year olds swearing and doing vulgar stuff.

WhoStoleMyKiwis
01-23-2011, 08:35 PM
And yet historically it has often been people and their "vulgarities" that have provided the money to push innovation even further...:ass

... sorry. Couldn't resist with the butt smilie.

Tad cynical, just sayin'. But I know what you mean, but unlike those others. I or "we" want to see gaming at its full potential. No? :confused:

DoctorPolski
01-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Tad cynical, just sayin'. But I know what you mean, but unlike those others. I or "we" want to see gaming at its full potential. No? :confused:

Absolutely bro, I think the Kinect has lots of potential. If nothing else it's a damn fine weight loss machine for starters.. :)

WhoStoleMyKiwis
01-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Absolutely bro, I think the Kinect has lots of potential. If nothing else it's a damn fine weight loss machine for starters.. :)
^ Bingo :Bounce: I love the kinect for that exact reason.

ashleary
01-24-2011, 12:15 PM
I wonder if it will be able to detect if/when you put a jacket on/off or take your shoes off etc. That would be pretty cool.

It would be pretty cool if it could analyze you and adjust your avatar to match you on screen more accuratley.

TAI JASON
01-24-2011, 01:12 PM
They build an avatar home for Xbox 360. There leaked some Screenshots back on the E3 in 2009 i think. You can see an Avatar standing in front of his house. Just check the I-net.

The masterplan is to connect the avatar system with facebook, twitter and all other social networks in one open world system.

Ultimate Mongol
04-17-2011, 05:58 PM
That could be a great idea to create a kind of room for avatar where you can go with your friend