PDA

View Full Version : Achievement discussion... Q & A.

E vee dub
01-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Discuss the achievements here as they are revealed.

If you ask a question and discover a solution, be sure to come back and edit your post and supply that solution.

MICROBOT ... 200G.

E vee dub
01-21-2011, 12:18 PM
QUESTION:
How do you unlock the Buckyball in 1-3?

ANSWER:
As the video shows, quickly shoot the 3 triggers from the one closest to the Buckyball, to the one furthest away, in that order.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION:
What should I spend my atoms on first? Which upgrades?

ANSWER:
After having played through the game, here's my advice:

Upgrade to the max:
-Electron (weapon)
-Cannon (weapon)
-Rotor (propulsion)
-Atom Attractor (Defense)

Layout:
High Offense.
Top two spots --------- 2 electron guns
Middle L & R spots ---- 2 cannon guns
Bottom L & R spots --- 1 electron gun & atom magnet
Very bottom ----------- rotor

Play through the game until you max out those parts, and don't spend anymore atoms.
Sectors 1-1 and 1-2 provide a lot of atoms.
USE THE ATOM MAGNET ALL THE TIME. Not only does it make it easier to get atoms, but the atoms also provide health. Very useful (like the stud magnets in Lego games).

Also, now is a good time to attach all propulsion parts and go for the "Loco Motion" achievement in sector 1-2. You'll move very quickly.

Once you have the "Up and Atom" achievement, spend like a madman and set up your microbot to your preference. Find all the Buckyballs and finish the game.

I hope that helps for this cool, underrated, 400MSP ($5) arcade game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION:
Does the orientation of the game turn when I replay levels?

ANSWER:
YES.
I suppose it's just a little trick to remind us that when you go that small, there really is no up or down, just like in the void of space.
(Consider, the Earth could be configured with Australia in the Northern hemisphere, and the USA in the Southern hemisphere.)

MICROBOT ... 200G.

tylerh1701
01-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Question: What should I spend my atoms on first? Which upgrades?

[SPOILERS if you don't know what all the weapons are] I upgrading my homing rockets right away and used them over the course of the game, that way it takes a little bit of the aiming out of the equation. Upgraded the defensive one that increases your life bar. I think i just used the standard transmission option and then I used the upgraded Bomb and Speed Boost as LT and RT.

I also did end up upgrading my lasers as well because I was stuck on the 4th boss fight for quite a while and they seemed to work well on him.

E vee dub
01-24-2011, 05:26 AM
QUESTION:
Is there any way to know which Buckyballs you've obtained/missed?

ANSWER:
Yes, but it requires you double checking each level.

Watch the video guide, go to that sector, and if it's there, you need to get it. If it's not there, then it's just an atom.

So never leave an area, until you know you got the buckyball, or make a note to replay that sector, if you know you missed it.

They're not hard to find. It's not too difficult. Just be mindful of them.

MICROBOT ... 200G.

Throrin
01-24-2011, 08:31 AM
QUESTION:
Is there any way to know which Buckyballs you've obtained/missed?

ANSWER:
Yes.
Watch the video guide, go to that sector, and if it's there, you need to get it. If it's not there, then it's just an atom.

So I recommend you never leave an area, until you know you got the buckyball, or you write a note which area you must replay because you know you missed it.

They're not hard to find. It's not too difficult. Just be mindful of them.

My Friend the answer is NO.
The game does not tell you which balls you have whatsoever. Thus you have to replay each level. If you collect a ball and replay the level then YES the ball will not be there BUT this is not a way to keep track you collected balls because obviously you have to replay the entire level. (at least most of them)

Your suggestion (solution is OK). Never leave a level until you get the ball. If you leave and not have collected the ball then make a note so you can take it later by reloading the level (and if you still cannot find it then watch my video)

E vee dub
01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
double check what I wrote, and what you think you're disagreeing with.

You will see that you were too quick to clarify, where clarification is not needed, if you understood what I wrote.

No, the game doesn't provide any check-list to know which level is missing the buckyball. But that wasn't the question, was it? The question was, "Is there any way TO KNOW which....?"

So, YES ! You can follow a video guide and then go through every level and double-check if you obtained the Buckyball or not. You will know whether or not you have it when you get to its location.

So my YES, is correct. You just disagreed not understanding the whole post.

If English isn't your first language, that's ok. (You English is much better than my Greek ever will be.)

How about this? I'll edit my post to say,
Yes, but it requires double checking every level.

Cioa. (btw, I love me some baklava and filo pastry)

MICROBOT ... 200G.

Throrin
01-24-2011, 04:41 PM
hehe! Baklava is delicious!

Yep my native language is Greek and maybe i did not understand what you said because i believe that if you need to play any level from start to finish is not tracking of the missed balls but actually a second playthrough (sort of). So watching my videos on how to obtain the bucky balls is pointless if you do not already know witch stage you need to check.

But on second thought (after your comment) you can stop searching if on the balls spot you see an atom and not the ball. So in this point of view you are perfectly right.

Sorry for misunderstanding!
My bad!

DemonDuffeh
01-24-2011, 07:58 PM
wat do u actually get for getting all the bucky balls i got them and have no idea wat i unlocked for doin it coz i was too busy fighting the last boss lol

Throrin
01-25-2011, 09:45 AM
wat do u actually get for getting all the bucky balls i got them and have no idea wat i unlocked for doin it coz i was too busy fighting the last boss lol

You get the achievement .... nothing else.