PDA

View Full Version : CONFIRMED: New Game+ Applies to Higher Difficulties

Dats Rayciss
01-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Beat the game the first time on Normal. Am doing a New Game+ on Zealot now.

The only mode you cannot do NG+ is Hard Core.

Rivercurse
01-22-2011, 11:22 AM

So the one mode you actually need it on, then...

Incidentally, if you're done with your first playthrough, wanna post a small spoiler free review with a mark out of 10 for the rest of us jealous folks?

PePzi NL
01-22-2011, 11:33 AM

Damnit, don't get my hopes up with a misleading title like that xD

ll Mr Bubbles ll
01-22-2011, 01:05 PM
tbh i wish they didnt have it like this as you could easily do 1 playthrough on normal, unlock the best suit, upgrade most of your weapons then allow you to steam roll through zealot(2nd hardest difficulty).

As for a spoiler free review , ill keep it short... if you loved dead space 1 you will love this... graphically better.. story is much more diverse as your able to move around a bigger area eg not just the ishimura like dead space 1. More Necromorph types which are pretty cool and yes it is still jumpy at places ...made me jump within the first half hour.. but then again it was 12.30 at night sat in the pitch black with turtles on loud as hell.xD
Dead space 1 = 8/10
Dead Space 2 = 9/10 in my opinion.

maj punishment
01-22-2011, 03:02 PM
yeah it way better then the first so far. looks like a big game to finish, being on two discs. and it true deep space fashion it still has scary bits.

Dats Rayciss
01-22-2011, 05:26 PM
tbh i wish they didnt have it like this as you could easily do 1 playthrough on normal, unlock the best suit, upgrade most of your weapons then allow you to steam roll through zealot(2nd hardest difficulty).

As for a spoiler free review , ill keep it short... if you loved dead space 1 you will love this... graphically better.. story is much more diverse as your able to move around a bigger area eg not just the ishimura like dead space 1. More Necromorph types which are pretty cool and yes it is still jumpy at places ...made me jump within the first half hour.. but then again it was 12.30 at night sat in the pitch black with turtles on loud as hell.xD
Dead space 1 = 8/10

This. Minor tweaks have been made to gameplay (I like the "center" aiming system better) that make it easier. It's a very solid game, very long (8:08 game time to beat, more like 10:30 due to looking for that fucking Peng statue and finding as many logs as possible).

The game, IMO, is much harder than DS1, even on normal. I was constantly in a yellow state of health the whole game and even on normal, health was pretty hard to come by. It wasn't until the last couple of chapters, I stocked up a healthy supply of Medium& Large Health Packs. But pretty much what Bubbles said.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
01-22-2011, 06:21 PM
i dunno if its just me but the button seem more *fluid* if you know what i mean ... like i can stasis a necro .. rip its arm off.. then use its own are to kill it in like 2 seconds and hardly thinking about it whereas on dead space 1 it felt more sluggish and using stasis middle battle was kinda slow... i could be wrong.

MASS DOMINATION
01-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Dead space 1 = 8/10

i thought DS1 was at least a 9/10 so hopefully DS2 will be a 10/10 for me!:woop: