PDA

View Full Version : Campaign is 2 DISCS!

civicnoob
01-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Some people are confused, the campaign/single player is 2 DVDS. It's like FF13 where it says "please insert disc 2".

EDIT: I have beaten the game now, took me 9 hours. On easy. You swap disc 2 in half way through the campaign.

TekkenLord666
01-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Yes both discs are needed.

Dan.Pro
01-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Lol, that's hmm... I mean, the campaign is that long or what? :confused:

WaltXXX
01-22-2011, 07:08 PM
2 discs? Are you kidding me?

KingSigy
01-22-2011, 07:18 PM
I can see a disc swap gone bad on a Hard Core run. This is entirely pointless for such a short game (10-12 hours). Just allow us an install.

rapture23
01-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Yeah the disc swap is right in the middle of the campaign. Right after you start chapter 7. They should have done it like castlevania LoS did it. Where if you installed the second disc you could just play the whole game with disc 1. Or they should have put the whole campaign on disc 1 and put multiplayer on disc 2. I am on chapter 10 and I am only 8 hours in so the campaign is not long enough to need 2 discs IMHO. If it was 20 or 25 hours yeah they should have done a second disc but the way it is is kinda dumb. This game is awesome though so it's forgivable. I don't like how none of the reviews mention this though.

Jimbo1979
01-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah it is not that long, I am about half way through chapter 6 with about 3hours 20 minutes. I am not rushing around running either, I am walking about at my own pace.

But hardly any third person shooters push past the 8-9 hours anyway, So in fact this game is long if it really is around 10 hours. No idea why its on two discs, it looks very nice and lots of stuff happening all the time. Either way I am very very happy with the game. Better then all the crap we had last year.

Cheers

Groszq
01-23-2011, 03:21 PM
For me the reason of 2 disc is simple. You never came back to the lacation, you just move forward and you have very big lacation and more dynamic action. There is no time to stay and think. Always there is sth to do.

jsunkle
01-23-2011, 05:09 PM
this seems slightly ridiculous...but I am just glad the game is coming out this week!

oRedBull
01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Waahhhhhh... 2 discs is a sign of more content. MORE CONTENT = MORE FOR YOUR MONEY. I'm glad that there's two discs.

Robzilla Eh
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Two discs that's annoying! I'm sure they could of fit it all in one disc. Bet it will be like Mass Efffect 2 one disc for 95% of the game the other for the the 5%.

EliteShadowMan
01-24-2011, 12:13 AM
you guys sound like a bunch of fucking cry babies. are you that lazy that you can't swap discs? jesus christ.

This game doesn't have you going back to previous locations, so they had to add more areas, plus Dead Space 2 has multiplayer which takes up space as well. Calm the fuck down it's not that hard to hit the eject button and put the other disc in.

fax5jrj
01-24-2011, 12:22 AM
You, my friend, are a towel.:p
Seriously, no need to troll.
And plus, the word "fuck" doesn't make you cool.

EliteShadowMan
01-24-2011, 12:50 AM

well you lazy bastards need to quit crying over such small things ffs.

DropDeadArtemus
01-24-2011, 12:57 AM
I honestly don't mind multi-disc games. I would much rather have a game split into multiple discs than have content, graphics quality, or other features chopped out to make room on 1 disc. I'm really looking forward to playing this. I still gotta finish DS before Gamefly sends me 2.

Lord
01-24-2011, 04:22 PM
you mean to say that i have to install 2 disks!!!!!! OMG whats wrong with gaming these days, thats gonna take at least 10 minutes of my time :eek: or i have to get up of the sofa and walk the entire way to my xbox, physicaly press the eject button then lift the heavy dvd out of the tray and replace it with the other heavy dvd then walk all the way back to the sofa :confused::mad::mad::mad::mad:

encryptedband
01-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Must be a good game if the only thing people can find to complain about is that fact that it has more content then the average game! Looks like I'll be buying this now!

ODST Kayne
01-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Oh no! It's an extra disc!!! Doesn't really change much for me. Kinda wondering why it's two, but oh well.

Yourburntstar
01-24-2011, 05:19 PM
hahaha wow you kids now adays always find something that bothers your Xbox O.C.D's its so sick how kids are with games now adays. like seriously whatever happened to playing games just because they were something you were intrigued about? your future will be very bleak if your stumped/panic/be mad on why a game comes with 1 or 2 disc. if anything you get more of your moneys worth. its not all about how long the game is too, its about the story and how its brought upon you and how suspenceful it is.

i personally cant wait to play this game cause it shall be well worth it. with 1 or 2 disc it doesnt matter. get a grip kids.

EliteShadowMan
01-24-2011, 05:26 PM
hahaha wow you kids now adays always find something that bothers your Xbox O.C.D's its so sick how kids are with games now adays. like seriously whatever happened to playing games just because they were something you were intrigued about? your future will be very bleak if your stumped/panic/be mad on why a game comes with 1 or 2 disc. if anything you get more of your moneys worth. its not all about how long the game is too, its about the story and how its brought upon you and how suspenceful it is.

i personally cant wait to play this game cause it shall be well worth it. with 1 or 2 disc it doesnt matter. get a grip kids.

thank you!

i got called a troll because i wasn't a fatass who couldn't get up and hit the eject button -.-

FSparacino4
01-24-2011, 06:54 PM

Did you seriously come into a thread to tell someone else not to troll while not adding anything to the topic of the thread??? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Congrats, you win an award. The retard award.

you guys sound like a bunch of fucking cry babies. are you that lazy that you can't swap discs? jesus christ.

This game doesn't have you going back to previous locations, so they had to add more areas, plus Dead Space 2 has multiplayer which takes up space as well. Calm the fuck down it's not that hard to hit the eject button and put the other disc in.

I agree with you. Who cares if the game has 1 or 2 discs? It takes so much energy to swap a disc that you will have to go to bed after and not be able to continue playing. I would much rather have a finished and polished game than one disc that is crammed and suffers from unpollished graphics and gameplay.

ZedChuva
01-25-2011, 05:38 PM
I don't care about 2 disks, or getting up to swap. I'm just curious about installing. Like someone asked, and was ignored in favor of arguing, is do we need to INSTALL BOTH DISKS?

Oh, and the 2 disk thing is all on M$ for not going BluRay. That simple. Sony extended the offer of using BD, and M$ put their pride before common sense. Get used to 2 disk games for the 360. I have a feeling it'll be just par for the course in the near future.

F Swan
01-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Lol gamers these days moan about 2 discs ... I remember on my ZX Spectrum it took sometimes 30 minutes plus to load a game, more if it had multiple games on one tape! TAPE! lol, and you can bet your life the game you wanted was the last on the tape.
Usually it crashed right after too ...

JuSt BLaZe
01-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Yo, in between all those fights in here (haha) just in case anyone is wondering how big they are:

Disc 1 --> 6,4 GB
Disc 2 --> 6,5 GB

How do I know it!? I'm installing them right now. :woop:

KirbyTheAlmighty
01-25-2011, 06:43 PM
thank you!

i got called a troll because i wasn't a fatass who couldn't get up and hit the eject button -.-

Hell. I'm a fatass and I have no problem getting up and ejecting/inserting a new disc. :woop:

vv uk garf vv
01-25-2011, 09:21 PM
imagine how mad they would be if it was 3 discs like ff13 ;)

Juiceh
01-25-2011, 09:24 PM
I can see a disc swap gone bad on a Hard Core run. This is entirely pointless for such a short game (10-12 hours). Just allow us an install.

10-12 hours is short? I can't remember the last FPS that's been longer than 6 hours on a normal difficulty.

Vigor
01-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Lost Odyssey has 4 discs with whole lot of GB's and disc swapping.
This is nothing to bitch about.

G0LDEN AVENGER
01-26-2011, 05:05 AM
Why Are People So Lazy To Change Discs Half Way Though The Game? Its Not Like Your Changing It Every 15 Mins

BlackRiderRazil
01-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Yeah the disc swap is right in the middle of the campaign. Right after you start chapter 7. They should have done it like castlevania LoS did it. Where if you installed the second disc you could just play the whole game with disc 1. Or they should have put the whole campaign on disc 1 and put multiplayer on disc 2. I am on chapter 10 and I am only 8 hours in so the campaign is not long enough to need 2 discs IMHO. If it was 20 or 25 hours yeah they should have done a second disc but the way it is is kinda dumb. This game is awesome though so it's forgivable. I don't like how none of the reviews mention this though.

I wish people would stop spreading this rumor about LoS, it makes people think other developers are being lazy. You have to switch discs whether both are installed or not. I've tried it both ways, and it was debunked by the developers. Disc switching is nothing new, and nothing to complain about.

And to the poster who said Sony extended the offer of BD: of course they did, because then they would make money on every Xbox game sold, since MS would have to pay a fee to use the tech. So MS said no, so they weren't funding their direct competition.

Pearson
01-26-2011, 05:34 AM
I for one don't mind changing disks, but then again I'm old school to where I'm used to swapping disks. I like to take my time exploring areas making sure that I don't leave any stone unturned. I'm at Chp. 11 and I have put in around 10 hours into the game thus far.

KirbyTheAlmighty
01-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Without trying to rush through my first playthrough, I played on Normal. I beat the game in Seven Hours and Seven Minutes.

blee717
01-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Seems to be just as long as the first game but this time on 2 discs.

CowMoolester
01-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Perhaps this 2 disc thing is just a marketing ploy. "Buy our game! It's so great it needs two discs" I mean if they can fit red dead on 1 disc I don't get how they can't fit this game. Bottom line is this, sure switching discs mid playthrough can break the immersion a game like this creates but I'm sure it's during a loading screen anyway. This is a great game no matter what. Which disc is online on?

Opiate42
01-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Disc switching is nothing new, and nothing to complain about.

Hahaha too true. Only 2 discs? Get used to it. I like it. All 2 discs tells me is that there is more game for your buck.

Mass Effect 2 had 2 discs and 2 swaps through the game. Have been playing FFXIII with 3 discs. Didn't find that it impacted the game at all, they're both still a blast to play. It's not lazy development it's the limitation of the disc medium itself.

So getting off the couch to swap discs? An absolute shameful tragedy. /sarcasm

Baldur's Gate for the PC was 5 discs back in 1998. Had to swap constantly when you visited towns in different areas of the game world even between two areas that were very close together. THAT was a pain, but the game still ruled.

Deyankees1
01-28-2011, 01:28 AM

What are you on about you cant do that with Castlevania I have both disc installed and I still have to switch Disc to go back and forth.

vegetable lasagna
01-28-2011, 01:38 AM
Remember in the first one...how it loaded at the tran after every level?! Now, there's no loading...seamless level to level...I rather like it.

Gun-Nut
01-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Don't see any problem with 2 discs though I wish Devs found a way so that if disc 2 was installed it could just continue like how Forza 3 basically Disc 2 counts as DLC so you never have to swap I imagine this could be done for other games but then I think it comes down to have to install and not everyone is going to have the room for that still so it is not done.

Restricted-Access
01-29-2011, 09:51 AM
And to the poster who said Sony extended the offer of BD: of course they did, because then they would make money on every Xbox game sold, since MS would have to pay a fee to use the tech. So MS said no, so they weren't funding their direct competition.

Actually... that's false! Sony doesn't "own" the tech (not exclusively, at least). It's owned by the blu-ray "camp" (I don't remember the name of the conglomerate), which is made up of several partners - including Sony.

The reason Microsoft isn't adding a BD-ROM to the 360 (which many people didn't understand why they didn't, for the new versions of the 360 consoles)... is because they don't want an incompatible disc format with older 360 consoles!

I'm sure every nerd who has to have the latest 360 console, doesn't care about the people who don't want to upgrade when they have a console that is still working... but MS understands this, and that is the reason there is no internal BD-ROM drive (you won't see an external one, either).

The next-gen of Xbox console WILL have a HC-ROM (that's "High-Capacity") drive (this is FACT)! What I didn't get confirmation on, is if it will be a BD-ROM... or if MS will continue to defy the BD camp, AND... use a proprietary HC-drive (meaning: not HD-DVD either)... so hackers can't burn illegal copies of games on blu-ray (or HD-DVD... not that there are a lot of HD-DVD burners on the market). You know how MS is about THAT issue... and a proprietary format is more likely! The Xbox's primary function is ALWAYS that of a game console. MS would prefer you rent or buy digital downloads for movies. They aren't interested in your desire to have an Xbox console with a BD drive in it (or as an add-on)!

For now... I just get up and swap the disc(s). I do wonder why the games can't be programmed to take into account that people will dump the game to the hard drive, and when "the game" is ready for the next disc... to simply look to the hard drive to see if the next disc was copied there?!!

Anyway... for now... the lazy, fat-ass kids will have to get up and swap the discs! :p