PDA

View Full Version : quick question

FTZ Director
01-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Do i need to play Fable II in order to understand what is happening in this game? I played the first Fable on the original Xbox but I totally skipped out on the sequel. I'm interested in playing again but im just wondering if I should bother spending the extra $20 on Fable II or if I can just buy Fable III.

Thanks! :D

Ragnarok1986
01-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Do i need to play Fable II in order to understand what is happening in this game? I played the first Fable on the original Xbox but I totally skipped out on the sequel. I'm interested in playing again but im just wondering if I should bother spending the extra $20 on Fable II or if I can just buy Fable III.

Thanks! :D

I'd say yes but you could just google the end of fable two and save some money ;)

scifi riot
01-23-2011, 05:01 PM
not really. in fable 3 you are a hero that needs to save the world. there is a little bit of back story but not enough to make a difference. just dive into 3.

mystic_wolf83
01-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Fable III does a fairly good job of explaining your ancestor, the Hero of Fable II, during the first few sequences. If you play Fable II as a female heroine, in Fable III people will reference to your mother as her, she, she's, great hero queen, ect. Fable II does keep the story moving forward and blends the timeline of bows and swords to blades and guns a bit easier than just going from Fable to Fable III; however, Fable III is a unique story that doesn't require any past experience in the Fable Universe, so you can just jump in if you feel like it. It is a bit memorable if you have played Fable II: See the Future, but its just a small added bonus to the experience.

TheToiletBrush
01-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Playing Fable 2 is definitely worth your time, it's a real well done game and you can probably pick it up cheap these days. Many prefer it over 3.

Xenodimension
01-27-2011, 01:47 AM
Definitely worth playing 2, as in my opinion and others it is better than 3. Hope you don't hit any massive glitches like a lot of people.

FTZ Director
01-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the tips guys! :) I guess i'll just pick up 2 along with 3 for the experience.

Toams07
01-27-2011, 09:41 AM
You dont really need Fable 2 to get the hang of Fable 3 ..
But it's better than F3 .. so get it anyway as it's a great game

jasoNicMan
01-29-2011, 08:36 PM
i agree with the others. Buy Fable 2 because it's an awesome game. And there are some fun little references in Fable 3 that you'll get once you've played the second one.