PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer any good??

UNDERWALLY
01-24-2011, 02:12 AM
This game was a dure buy for me, but as we all know Duke Nukem Forever has been given a release date (may 8), this has screwed my wallet, and may not be able to afford one of this games.

SO I need to know, How good is the multiplayer??? do you unklock ranks? suits? anything by playing it??
I totally loved the Left 4 Dead's multiplayer versus mode, and this is kind of similar, right??
Or the multiplayer gets boring too fast?

Please, I hope someone can answer my questions, and make my wallet happy lol , seriosly, the multipalyer will be a crucial factor to buy the game

KingSigy
01-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Wait, how can you not afford both of these games? Duke Nukem isn't coming out for 4 and a half months. Is $60 really that big of a deal?

FSparacino4
01-24-2011, 02:43 AM
Why are you asking how multiplayer is already? The servers don't go live until the release date and yes there is a ranking system. And like the poster above me stated, the games are 4 months apart....

MASS DOMINATION
01-24-2011, 06:10 AM
from what I've seen and heard, the multiplayer is flat and boring. u can rank up and slightly customize ur character. however u can only increase the damage of the necros and can't change their appearance in any way. I really doubt anyone is buy this game for the multiplayer. its the campaign that sets this game apart.

since you are dirt poor u could always buy dead space, beat the campaign in a few days and trade it in for around $30 to use for duke nukem. i also wouldn't advise getting hyped about that game. there is a very good chance that it could completely suck since its been tossed around from different devs for over a decade.

Sam is Psych0
01-24-2011, 07:12 AM
it's pretty bad. completely tacked on, not to mention boring...

ATCS
01-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Here's an idea: Rent Dead Space 2, then Rent Duke. You'll save 40 bucks and get to experience both games.

OrbitalDropSWATrooper
01-24-2011, 08:01 AM
I have only seen multiplayer vids, never actually played it, and to me, if the necromorphs don't have that asshole that regenerates his limbs, it would be a good multiplayer game.

Dead Space Girl
01-24-2011, 08:29 AM
I hope it's at least decent, Game Informer's review said the online cap is Level 60. And since I know in my heart and soul EA's going to release DLC that will require you to be a Level 60, I have a long road ahead of me!

civicnoob
01-24-2011, 05:45 PM
not any good pretty boring in my opinion. dead space is a singleplayer game not multiplayer

kickers97
01-24-2011, 06:24 PM
I'd hate to be in the OP's shoes. I went to gamestop and preordered Dead Space 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition and Killzone 3 O.o I forgot all about Duke Nukem and F3AR :-/ Gotta reserve those when I pick up DS2.

I agree with the comment of buying DS2 and then trading it in towards Duke Nukem then repurchase when DS2 drops in price and it won't hurt your wallet as much.

Dirty130
01-24-2011, 09:33 PM
I've played it online on 2 seperate occasions and found it to be fun. The online play is a mixture of L4D and AvP.

The Pros kill the Nubs though.. I saw a Rank 14 go on a 37 Kill, killing spree and win the game by a mile.

UNDERWALLY
01-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Why are you asking how multiplayer is already? The servers don't go live until the release date and yes there is a ranking system. And like the poster above me stated, the games are 4 months apart....
Yeah sorry I forgot to say, Im not rich and Im going to surely buy Marvel vd Capcom 3, so theres the problem, and Im going to assist Maiden and Slash concert, and hopefully MCR and Priest will come to Mexico, and speaking about that here in Mexico the videogame costs 1000 pesos, thats like 85 dollars, so ita more expensive

Lotus
01-25-2011, 01:57 AM
Well from what I heard Gamestop does not even have it in their store system yet. So it might be pushed back yet again. Also Bulletstorm is coming out at the same time. It is just about the same game. Plus with Bulletstorm you get the Gears of War 3 beta.