Healing Companions kills them.

Zuke

I searched the Companion thread and couldn't find an answer. I have Boone and playing on hardcore. He gets injured in a fight and starts talking about dieing. I select him and rotate over to give him a stimpak. His HP before stimpak is something like 155/250 and after I give him the stimpak it is -100/250 and when I exit out of the companion command screen he dies.

What am I doing wrong...:confused:

Edited by Zuke

I've not come across anything like this before, may sound silly but are you in the middle of a fight? (Stimpacks should still heal your companions straight away, but you might have picked up a glitch) You could try reloading an earlier save and see if the same thing happens? or check http://http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_bugs to see if this is on the list of bugs/glitches?

Or try putting the anti venom in his inventory, he might administer it himself, same goes with putting stimpacks in his inventory, but they don't always do it in time. What level are you? and what difficulty are you on? If you're at a low level then the damage caused by the Cazador might kill him in one or two hits, so that could be what is doing it? Try telling him to hang back and snipe them?

poison is killing him.

This is only a problem on hardcore mode.

If hardcore mode is off he will fall unconscious and get up after some time.

I'm assuming you don't want to switch off hardcore mode?

There is a solution in hardcore mode as well :-)

Talk to Boone and tell him to go to lucky 38.

Later you can pick him up again at the lucky 38.

Edited by theo

I found the full answer on Fallout Wiki

Poison does not appear to wear off companions in the 1.2 patch after combat. Dismissing the companion and re-hiring them at their home location or Lucky 38 seems to bypass this. It will wear off after a longer period of time, administering Stimpaks to companions will cause them to die. (PS3) Verified for 360 post-1.2, making cazadores effectively impossible to defeat without companions dying. (It it possible to simply let your companion fall unconscious a couple of times on 'Normal' mode until the poison subsides. On Hardcore Mode however, as soon as they collapse they will die permanently so the only alternatives are to send them away, or reload an earlier save and attempt combat again.)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Cazador

Total agreement with Cazadors being a real pain. I've started just telling Boone to wait a short distance off until I'm done fighting them, just to keep him from getting killed. (Also playing in Hardcore)

I think Cazadors are more annoying then Deathclaws.

There are some things I do in my games:

1. I take the hunter perk. requirement is level 30 in survival

2. In vats I target their wings to slow them down.

3. I carry a supply of antivenom.