PDA

View Full Version : Starting to get a little worried

Tom115
01-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Right, although I haven't experienced any myself, I have heard of a hell of a lot of people's data getting wiped when changing discs. I have all 4 games and I'm just approaching 100,000 stars. Words cannot describe how pissed off I'd be if I were to lose all that and have to do it all again. It's got to the point now where I'm scared to change from Party Classics, the one I'm currently playing, and I can't bare to play it any more so my question is basically, what precautions can I take to make sure I don't lose all my stats?! I've looked around and I can't seem to find anything telling me how to prevent it :(.

J Hart 52
01-25-2011, 05:35 AM
It seems I was reasonably lucky, I had it happen shortly after I ahd purchased the 80's compilation. But since it seems to have been fine, I mildly wonder if a prior update had a hand in the correction of the issue.

timmeh9
01-25-2011, 12:46 PM
I got the Number 1 Hits before I got the original Lips game. Only played Number 1 Hits for a while so didn't have much progress, but once I popped in the original Lips it wiped all of my data so I had to start again. Now I just use the original Lips to load up the game and when I select a song from Number 1 Hits it asks to swap discs which hasn't caused any problems.

When it wiped all of my data it did prompt me before it did, so if you ever get this message, just select "No" to the option.

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Not had any probs with mine

pauly_27
04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Happened to me also. Played number one hits first, then picked up the original Lips disc.

Booted up original Lips, loaded profile only for it to tell me the save was corrupted, and that I had to start a new profile. I selected no, and just started a new profile on my usb memory stick, got the specific original Lips achievements and just got rid of the game.

Wasn't too bothered, because the original Lips has by far the worst tracklist, and the star power activation just feels broken on this compared to number one hits.

Ryuukishi
05-06-2011, 02:19 PM
It never happened to me, and I switched between all of the Lips discs many times on the road to 200,000 stars. To be safe though, I backed up my Lips save onto a memory card from time to time.