PDA

View Full Version : Homefront - Hardcore?

x Quikbaud x
01-25-2011, 02:37 AM
I've only really played CoD Titles online but will there be a hardcore mode in homefront. There is nothing i hate more then to have to spend an entire clip to kill a person.

ryanboals
01-27-2011, 03:57 AM
If it's anything like the last game by Kaos. A.K.A. Frontlines: Fuel of War, probably not. The game it's self looks legit I'm hoping its as good as it looks.

Daiphyer.
01-27-2011, 11:54 AM
From what I've seen, it only takes around 10 15 bullets in the body to take someone out. Which is not much considering the clips are 30 - 40 bullets.

Johnny Neat
03-10-2011, 04:59 PM
I asked and I researched to make sure this was fact and indeed the sad truth is they currently don't offer a simple addition like a Hardcore Multiplayer Mode.

I pre-ordered as I'm fed up with Call of Duty as it stands and wasn't impressed by both BF:BD and or the MoH series. First off lag is a bitch and the same old or lacking aspects of the games mentioned leave me to hope for a dedicated server game like Homefront and or Battlefield 3 to save me and my pals from what we have now.

I'm just blown away by how Homefront hasn't taken how serious having a hardcore mode is to FPS gamers who want a bit of realism. Shooting a half to a whole mag into some other player for a single kill is not only realism but fun. If I wanted to do that I'd go fantasy and play Gears of War series, which I have and will, or "gasp" Halo, which I have and won't ever.

Why hasn't anyone made a serious stink about this? If they fail to see how important this is, I'm going to have to self this game soon after. Sad indeed. I guess Frontlines quickly declining gamer community wasn't a lesson learned.

Darth Taral
03-10-2011, 05:25 PM
I've only really played CoD Titles online but will there be a hardcore mode in homefront. There is nothing i hate more then to have to spend an entire clip to kill a person.

You know this may make me sound like a douche, but I have to say it. I have played every COD game that has come out on the 360 and even the worst one in the series of COD, never has it taken me or any of my friends an entire clip to kill someone. The most I have ever had to use was about 75% or 80% of a clip to kill someone and that was only if they where hiding behind a wall or using Juggernaught. So I have a suggestion for you learn to aim for the head. If it is still taking you a whole clip, try another controller, if it is still taking you a whole clip put down the controll and never play a FPS again.

I'm just blown away by how Homefront hasn't taken how serious having a hardcore mode is to FPS gamers who want a bit of realism. Shooting a half to a whole mag into some other player for a single kill is not only realism but fun.

And Johnny Neat I'm not sure what you ment here, but I will say that in any Hardcore mode I have ever played if you get shot in the foot you die. That is not realism in any way shape or form. Cause even in real life if you shoot someone with lets say a M4 and the other person is wearing body armor from 100 yards away even if you hit them in the torso there is a better than 50/50 shot that you may not have killed that person in one shot. Unlike in a HARDCORE mode that is found in most FPS nowadays.
And trust me I do not know of any soilder who doesn't wear somekind of body armor unless they have a towel on there heads.

jordan1979
03-10-2011, 06:57 PM
COD's hit detection is a joke, and it wasn't always like that. Fire 1-2 bullets within 1 foot of your opponent (You don't even have to hit them, the bullets home in) and he's down. And thats in normal mode! I guess its one bullet in 'Hardcore' mode.

I greatly enjoyed BC1/2 and older COD's because they didn't spoonfeed you your kills. One of the good things about Bad Company 2 is that the noobs avoid it like plague because its too 'difficult'. I actually hope MW3 is even moderately good because its a storage place for whining noobs - the last thing we want is them influencing (Re: whining untill its dumbed down) BF3...

MC B0B x360a
03-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Most AR's in MW2 are a 3 hit kill without stopping power. With stopping power they can drop to a 2 hit kill. Those numbers do not come anywhere close to using a full clip. The only COD game I have serious hit detection problems is on black ops. Instead of including COD in this arguement, it should be replaced with Halo. In halo you have to throw a grenade, melee, and then empty your clip for one kill.

Mr Magic
03-11-2011, 03:36 AM
A unified Korea invades the US and takes control of most of the country due to a space-born "emp" bomb that wipes out all electronic based devices. I think we left realistic a long time ago.

Either way I think hardcore mode is stupid. In COD most people who play it just camp the entire game. Plus, just because a game is set in a modern era doesn't mean it's trying to be realistic. Reality doesn't have killstreaks.

FeatherbottomMR
03-11-2011, 04:36 AM
I asked and I researched to make sure this was fact and indeed the sad truth is they currently don't offer a simple addition like a Hardcore Multiplayer Mode.

I pre-ordered as I'm fed up with Call of Duty as it stands and wasn't impressed by both BF:BD and or the MoH series. First off lag is a bitch and the same old or lacking aspects of the games mentioned leave me to hope for a dedicated server game like Homefront and or Battlefield 3 to save me and my pals from what we have now.

I'm just blown away by how Homefront hasn't taken how serious having a hardcore mode is to FPS gamers who want a bit of realism. Shooting a half to a whole mag into some other player for a single kill is not only realism but fun. If I wanted to do that I'd go fantasy and play Gears of War series, which I have and will, or "gasp" Halo, which I have and won't ever.

Why hasn't anyone made a serious stink about this? If they fail to see how important this is, I'm going to have to self this game soon after. Sad indeed. I guess Frontlines quickly declining gamer community wasn't a lesson learned.
ya I like where you are heading with this.....

Darth Taral
03-11-2011, 04:46 AM
Hardcore is for campers and people with poor aiming ability....

HeavenSoldier
03-11-2011, 06:07 AM
A unified Korea invades the US and takes control of most of the country due to a space-born "emp" bomb that wipes out all electronic based devices. I think we left realistic a long time ago.

Either way I think hardcore mode is stupid. In COD most people who play it just camp the entire game. Plus, just because a game is set in a modern era doesn't mean it's trying to be realistic. Reality doesn't have killstreaks.
You're living in the past. You must not know what kind of technology we have now. Given what we know and have, such an attack is not impossible. Easy to pull off? No, but certainly not impossible.

As far as hardcore goes in fps's...I'd have to say hardcore is just a mode that amps up the damage and takes off your hud. I have to agree there is a ton of campers in hardcore modes.

syn201
03-11-2011, 11:03 AM

It also does not have tactical nukes that you launch on your entire team and the enemy that hardly fricking tactical is it its more like genocide (best word i can ome up with )

It also does not have bullets that you can run threw on both mw2 and black ops
What makes you think that reality does not have killstreaks im sure people in war torn worlds count how many people they kill and call in air strikes ect
Im also pretty you dont shout out RELOADING at the top of there voice
Well standing a foot away from the enemy base ..

HeavenSoldier
03-11-2011, 04:56 PM
What makes you think that reality does not have killstreaks im sure people in war torn worlds count how many people they kill and call in air strikes ect

This reminds me of that time some helicopter pilots got in trouble for making a game out of gunning down taliban. This was like, 2 years ago?

Mr Magic
03-11-2011, 10:06 PM
You're living in the past. You must not know what kind of technology we have now. Given what we know and have, such an attack is not impossible. Easy to pull off? No, but certainly not impossible.

As far as hardcore goes in fps's...I'd have to say hardcore is just a mode that amps up the damage and takes off your hud. I have to agree there is a ton of campers in hardcore modes.

I said its not realistic. I didn't say it was impossible. Next time read what you quote. Aside from all the other stuff, a unified Korea is not that likely.

Darth Taral
03-11-2011, 11:34 PM
I said its not realistic. I didn't say it was impossible. Next time read what you quote. Aside from all the other stuff, a unified Korea is not that likely.

I understand that you think a Unified Korea is not likely huh. You are either forgetting or didn't know that, On June 15th 2000, both North and South Korea signed the June 15th North-South Joint Declaration, in which both sides made promises to seek out a peaceful reunification. Oh and then lets not for get that additionally, on October 4, 2007, the leaders of North and South Korea pledged to hold summit talks to officially declare the war over and reaffirmed the principle of mutual non-aggression. So a Unified Korea was a nut hair away from being a reality back in 2000. Hell back in 2000 at one point Kim Jong-Il enjoyed a higher approval rating in South Korea than the South Korean president. So don't say "A UNIFIED KOREA IS NOT THAT LIKELY" As history has show it has almost happend.

Mr Magic
03-12-2011, 04:05 PM
So eleven years later and it's still not UNIFIED. I didn't say they wouldn't make peace. But unifying the two countries into one is not likely. Sure maybe in 100 years or something but Homefront is based around the year 2025. You guys really need to read before you quote.

Darth Taral
03-12-2011, 04:23 PM
So eleven years later and it's still not UNIFIED. I didn't say they wouldn't make peace. But unifying the two countries into one is not likely. Sure maybe in 100 years or something but Homefront is based around the year 2025. You guys really need to read before you quote.

Ya well a lot can happen in 14 more years to.

Stormy2k
03-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't see why people think HC in a game is for real players or all this other bullshit.

I mean I played HC on COD4, a mixture on MW2/BLOPS and HC on BFBC2 so it was more like BFBC with no lighing people up and no killcam.

Core games require people to be more accurate, going for head shots or upper chest shots for quick kills, while the killcam helps prevent some camping while showing where you are, making for fast paced action.

Hardcore has eveolved from being a 'Real Players' mode into a noob one.

No kill cams, hardley any skill or accuracy involved, e.g. a leg shot will do! And a slow paced boring match where the score limit is rarely reached.

Should be called Campcore, for people who can't aim for chest and headshots to down people.

Darth Taral
03-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't see why people think HC in a game is for real players or all this other bullshit.

I mean I played HC on COD4, a mixture on MW2/BLOPS and HC on BFBC2 so it was more like BFBC with no lighing people up and no killcam.

Core games require people to be more accurate, going for head shots or upper chest shots for quick kills, while the killcam helps prevent some camping while showing where you are, making for fast paced action.

Hardcore has eveolved from being a 'Real Players' mode into a noob one.

No kill cams, hardley any skill or accuracy involved, e.g. a leg shot will do! And a slow paced boring match where the score limit is rarely reached.

Should be called Campcore, for people who can't aim for chest and headshots to down people.

Preach on brother tell it like it is. Amen praise Jesus.

The Betrayer142
03-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Um, for those arguing about whether or not the two korean nations can be allies:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/southkorea/8153000/North-Korea-bombs-South-Koreas-Yeonpyeong-Island.html

In addition to North Korea and South Korea bombing the shit out of their little pieces of land, North Korea threatened to DECLARE WAR on South Korea if South Korea and the USA carried out a joint military practice test something-or-other.

Check your news before you assume that a couple of documents made 11 years ago still has importance when North Korea's leader is incredibly mentally unstable.

Stormy2k
03-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Are we still going on about this!?

Who cares if it can happen or not!?

Its a what if senario, deal with it people.

Darth Taral
03-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Um, for those arguing about whether or not the two korean nations can be allies:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/southkorea/8153000/North-Korea-bombs-South-Koreas-Yeonpyeong-Island.html

In addition to North Korea and South Korea bombing the shit out of their little pieces of land, North Korea threatened to DECLARE WAR on South Korea if South Korea and the USA carried out a joint military practice test something-or-other.

Check your news before you assume that a couple of documents made 11 years ago still has importance when North Korea's leader is incredibly mentally unstable.

1st. I don't argue with people I am just pointing things out.
2nd I guess you miss understood what I wrote. On October 4, 2007, the leaders of North and South Korea PLEDGED to hold summit talks to officially declare the war over and reaffirmed the principle of mutual non-aggression.(It never took place, so technically North and South Korea are still at war as a peace treaty was never signed.)

The Betrayer142
03-13-2011, 03:13 AM
1st. I don't argue with people I am just pointing things out.
2nd I guess you miss understood what I wrote. On October 4, 2007, the leaders of North and South Korea PLEDGED to hold summit talks to officially declare the war over and reaffirmed the principle of mutual non-aggression.(It never took place, so technically North and South Korea are still at war as a peace treaty was never signed.)

That's odd because multiple news sites were talking/writing about how NK threatened war on SK if they did the training-run. Hmm :confused:

OT I don't know about the difficulties but I assume it'll just be like CoD's veteran mode.

turkeyfly
03-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Hardcore mode would be helpful to counter-act the poor connections. I almost always shoot first, and end up dying first.

Chuppernicus
03-17-2011, 04:03 AM
Hardcore is for campers and people with poor aiming ability....

That about sums up my opinion. Great for pray and spray too.