PDA

View Full Version : Is move better

Axeman1690
01-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Title says it all what should i buy? its either or for me

TAI JASON
01-25-2011, 07:37 AM

I tested move and it's the same like Wii Motion Plus. I don't like a controller in booth hands so...

The only thing Move and Wii Motion are good for are the function of the controll in 3D space. You can walk with a charackter with the sticks. I think MS must bring out a little D-pad for one hand so that you can controll a charckter in a real 3D enviroment.

Starstrukk X360A
01-25-2011, 09:15 AM
You're asking on a 360 forum.
Expect mostly everyone to say Kinect.

Gackt
01-25-2011, 09:26 AM

Move is better.

judd90
01-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Move is very responsive but I would have to say overall the Kinect is better. Just for the fact you don't have controls, I mean who want to be holding controls all the time while jumping around like an idiot.

Terriah
01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
I think it would really depend on what you want to get out of the console. If you're just looking for a bit of a party add on, or want something similar to the wii, then go with the Move. It's the cheaper option so if you regret it it's not as much of a loss.
If you're looking for the next step up experience, the interactive nature and full body sensors on the kinect make it a big difference. However, it's fairly pricey for just a bit of playing here and there or for parties, plus it's fairly delicate.
If you're looking for a new gaming experience and more of a full body thing rather than a sit on the couch/wrist thing then go with the Kinect. If you're looking for a party thing that you don't really need to commit to then the Move is probably better for you.
But at the end of the day, it's what you're wanting to gain from it to really affect your decision.

WhoStoleMyKiwis
01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
The Kinect is a lot better than the move. Why? Because its something new and innovative. In my opinion sony just copy pasted nearly everything nintendo has done, to the controller and the concept, and decided to call it the "Move". Its basically WiiMotion Plus with better graphics. :uzi:

JeJans
01-25-2011, 06:02 PM
I have been a sony fanboy for the most time of my life... The move i more precise, but i have much more fun playing kinect:)

bekkilyn
01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
I bought a Wii primarily for the fitness games and also for Animal Crossing and other exclusive titles, and got a lot of use out of it. It was great how it was able to track your movements with the controllers & nunchuck. The Move sounds like an upgrade to the Wii version, so I'd probably go with the Move in a comparison between the two.

However, I have a Kinect (pre-ordered the moment I heard about it) and it is truly *wonderful* to not have to mess with controllers and strapping on nunchucks, and having to deal with wires and/or battery failures during gameplay. With Kinect, you just put the hardware into position, synchronize and you're ready to go.

I have had some issues with tracking depending on game (probably more the game's fault than the Kinect hardware), but I would choose Kinect over Move in every case due to being hands free.

Hands free is also great if you want to use free weights and other objects with your game.

RichXbox360
01-25-2011, 09:22 PM
OP = Fail.

Kinect kicks the crap out of Move several times over.

Damian227
01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Having played both, Kinect is a hands down winner. As many have stated, Move is just Wii all over again... you never really feel like YOU are responsible for anything, just like with other control pads. Kinect is all down to you, so you don't feel like an idiot for getting involved in the game... where as you do, dancing around with Wii or Move as you don't really need to move or do much.

MasonW94
01-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Move is better on every single possible level, but the wii is better than both

Gackt
01-26-2011, 11:04 AM
OP = Fail.

Kinect kicks the crap out of Move several times over.

Why is it fail? He was just asking a question...stop being a troll...troll.
AND have you even used MOVE?

stuw7
01-26-2011, 11:18 AM
kinect is good as these are the 1st generation games!!the ea motion sports game i was not to keen on but the kinect sports is really good fun!

RichXbox360
01-26-2011, 02:09 PM

Please feel free to get bent, do NOT accuse me of trolling.

Also, yes I have played PS Move, I played it briefly in a Game store last October, and even after a brief go I know it's crap compared to Kinect, so yeh.

Gackt
01-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Please feel free to get bent, do NOT accuse me of trolling.

Also, yes I have played PS Move, I played it briefly in a Game store last October, and even after a brief go I know it's crap compared to Kinect, so yeh.

lol ^^
You can't say something is crap when you only spent a brief amount of time with it. Most games I play I don't like until I have spent a while playing them. Don't be a fanboy.

Pyrochaos
01-26-2011, 07:23 PM

This is why.

Terriah
01-26-2011, 07:27 PM
I think that everyone should be allowed their own opinions. Some will prefer the move and some will prefer the kinect. I don't think the point of the topic is just to bash one or the other, but to give experiences and reasons why one is better. At the end of the day, it's to try and help the OP with which accessory to get.
So we don't need to really argue over technicalities with each other, do we?
Opinions are opinions <3

TakahashiDemon
01-26-2011, 10:00 PM
I see the Move as a copy off the Wii.. like it even uses some of the same mechanics in it's games.. It doesnt offer anything new.. why not just get a Wii instead?

I think Kinect is possibly better, like Sony has even stated that they might bring out something along the lines of Kinect.. so they must have known Move sorta failed..

If Move is anything like the Wii, it doesnt give as much movement, like I'll say you could play it sitting down, Kinect actually gets you more active.

watchmefly420
01-26-2011, 10:15 PM
ive played both personally i like kinect better although when fps come out for these two(if they're not already) i believe move will be better unless MS comes out with and kinect compatible gun

StillTIPPIN187
01-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Kinect is better for fun and for something innovative and different than the competition.

Move is if you want a HD Wii.. with really good games.

WhoStoleMyKiwis
01-27-2011, 03:11 AM
This is why.

My good sir, I wish I could shake your hand very sternly. You have earned my respect. Lolol

D.A.N.
01-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Kinect has one really great game in Dance Central. Move has none.

Take it for what you will. Honestly if you're that interested in motion control you should get a Wii. Move is basically Wii with MotionPlus built-in and the Kinect camera.

watchmefly420
01-27-2011, 03:04 PM
lol ^^
You can't say something is crap when you only spent a brief amount of time with it. Most games I play I don't like until I have spent a while playing them. Don't be a fanboy.

All you've said was simply "move is better" why don't you explain your reasoning before criticizing someone else. He said he played it beriefly you havent gave any reasoning behind your shitty post of Move is Better, so explain yourself you PS3 FANBOY! I've played the Wii, Kinect, and Move, all for quiet along while and kinect is no doubt better overall, as i said before until it comes out with a handheld gun for FPS's,it will lag behind in that department.

watchmefly420
01-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Kinect has one really great game in Dance Central. Move has none.

Kinect Sports is also really fun

mw2pvt
01-27-2011, 03:57 PM
KINECT is the best
MOVE '' WII

Gackt
01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
All you've said was simply "move is better" why don't you explain your reasoning before criticizing someone else. He said he played it beriefly you havent gave any reasoning behind your shitty post of Move is Better, so explain yourself you PS3 FANBOY! I've played the Wii, Kinect, and Move, all for quiet along while and kinect is no doubt better overall, as i said before until it comes out with a handheld gun for FPS's,it will lag behind in that department.

Kinect is all kiddy&dance games. So sure...Kinect is better if you like those types of games...or your 5. Kinect also lags...ever single time I have seen it and even when I tried it a few times the character on screen does not keep up with your movements.
Move has a better selection of games. I am not a fanboy, I prefer my 360 over the PS3 but MOVE is just better IN MY OPINION.
k?

watchmefly420
01-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Kinect is all kiddy&dance games. So sure...Kinect is better if you like those types of games...or your 5. Kinect also lags...ever single time I have seen it and even when I tried it a few times the character on screen does not keep up with your movements.
Move has a better selection of games. I am not a fanboy, I prefer my 360 over the PS3 but MOVE is just better IN MY OPINION.
k?

Well thank you for clearing that up. I've only experiences lag when moving faster than you need too(shown when your pictures blur) Sure kinect has some kiddie games but it is marketed for a wide range of age groups,as is the Move also with kiddie games. I've only played the game that comes with Move and it seemed to have the same crap as Wii sports, except of course bowling the best in my opinion. You said you only "tried it a few times"(BRIEFLY?) perhaps not enough to get the feel for how quick it can track you, I too felt it lagged at first but after playing for awhile realized i was moving quicker than needed for the game. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong but you knocked down others opinion who only briefly played Move when you yourself only tried kinect a few times. I personally enjoyed both but MY OPINION is overall kinect is better.

RichXbox360
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Kinect > Move.

FACT!

BlandYoshi
02-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I just hope the kinect isn't a bunch of repetitive things over and over as far as games go. Same basic concept for all gameplay.... jumping, sidestepping, posing.

I hope they can create something truly unique with it.

Sensai Buck
02-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Kinect makes Sony Move over.
(see what I did there? :))

Cheesemonkey994
02-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Playstation Move is a Wiimote with Motion Sensor+ built in with no cords to connect two of them. (Nun-chuck and Wiimote.)

Kinect is Playstation Eyetoy enhanced.