PDA

View Full Version : Ibuki 24 input clean up

WeAreTheFuture
01-25-2011, 11:55 AM
i get to the last part of the trial and an ex kazegiri comes out, anyone know how i can clean up my inputs to finally put this trial to bed!

Didi Mau
01-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Basically, input your kick buttons a little later than you're doing so- it sounds like you're accidentally pressing the kicks at a forward input instead of an up-forward input, which is easily checked by trying the combo in Training mode with the input display on. I personally wait a fraction of a second after inputting the up-forward motion before pressing KKK rather than pressing it simultaneously with the directional input, but I'm pretty sure either works.

If you're doing the kicks at/after the up-forward input and Training mode shows you're doing the rest of the directional inputs correctly then it means you're performing the directional inputs too slowly- this is very rarely the case with this trial, though. It's a surprisingly slow, smooth motion; most people perform it much faster than they would expect.

In summary: c.lk, c.lp, s.lk, down, down-forward, forward+medium kick, down, down-forward, forward, up-forward, KKK. Practice the s.lk, s.mk sjc ultra by itself first to learn the smooth motion, and then add the crouching links afterwards when you're comfortable.

WeAreTheFuture
01-25-2011, 01:21 PM
i had the lk mk sjc ultra down to a tee yesterday but today it eludes me and im trying to sneak in the qcf between kicks, which stick gate are you using? im using an octogate at the moment which could actually be causing problems i guess. ive got a square on my te tho so i should give that a go.

i reckon this is gonna be the last trial i do D: currently on 96.55% i need to make a list of which ones i need doing. mostly sagat i think

Didi Mau
01-25-2011, 01:28 PM
I use a square gate, it shouldn't make too much difference but I guess it'd be worth trying the TE if you're not having success on octo.

VesperArcade has a bunch of YouTube tutorials where you can see both his hands and the screen, I can't remember which lesson it was but he has one on sjcs that is pretty in-depth. He mains Ibuki as far as I can tell, so it might be worth a look for speed of inputs and such.

WeAreTheFuture
01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
ah ive never seen that should be worth a look thankyou very much :)

WeAreTheFuture
01-25-2011, 04:34 PM
changed to my te with square gate and slowed my motions down, getting VERY close now :)

WeAreTheFuture
01-25-2011, 04:47 PM
DONE! thankyou so much Didi Mau :D

Didi Mau
01-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Haha no problems mate, congratulations on getting it! :)

DOBOYX2
02-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Got my 24 yesterday, Hellz yeah! :woop: