PDA

View Full Version : Homefront: The campaign in eight hours

QuiCkz AleX
01-25-2011, 04:04 PM
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/328/homefrontxbox360.jpg

According to web surfing stated by the developers (in particular by the designer Zach Wilson), the Homefront campaign will last approximately eight hours. In fact, Kaos Studios has monitored developments in the single player adventure undertaken by a number of beta testers, which on average seem to have spent about eight hours just to finish the story. Indeed, it seems that fewer of them have even spent a whole day to finish the campaign, beating continuously.

Lord Yamikage
01-25-2011, 11:43 PM
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/328/homefrontxbox360.jpg

According to web surfing stated by the developers (in particular by the designer Zach Wilson), the Homefront campaign will last approximately eight hours. In fact, Kaos Studios has monitored developments in the single player adventure undertaken by a number of beta testers, which on average seem to have spent about eight hours just to finish the story. Indeed, it seems that fewer of them have even spent a whole day to finish the campaign, beating continuously.

I hope that eight hours was from the easiest difficulty because once I play it on hardest difficulty, it'll easily surpass eight hours mark, and hopefully into 12 hours. Single Players campaign seem too damn short.

Barad
01-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Only 8 hours? Thats very disappointing seeing as I probably won't even play the games multiplayer.

StolenPaper18
01-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Only 8 hours? Thats very disappointing seeing as I probably won't even play the games multiplayer.
This.

OT: It's a damn shame.

TriRock
01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Well as short as 8 hours is, that's unfortunately pretty much the standard these days. It's easier and cheaper to tag on a MP mode, and also easier and cheaper to churn out DLC in the form of map packs.

At least there's hoping that the campaign will last longer if you first have to figure out how to get past tricky sections. But God forbid, please no collectibles!

HELLSPWAN 88
02-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Well for only 8 hours the game better be dam good thats all I have to say.

Chaz5396
02-03-2011, 12:13 AM
I hope the multiplayer is better than the campaign then, because I beat modern warfare 2 in 6 hours on veteran. But MW2 had a better multiplayer, so i wasnt too bothered

Vindicator51
02-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Homefront is actually MP focused, so this was expected.

Superjoint Ritual
02-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Homefront is actually MP focused, so this was expected.

No it's not at all. I've have the beta for the multiplayer and it is just tacked on. The focus has always been on the story.

Vindicator51
02-03-2011, 01:30 AM
I found this link.

http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_11946/Homefront_-_Multiplayer_Preview

''The head-producer on Homefront told me that the multiplayer portion was a huge focus for Kaos, because they know that itís the online gameplay that gives a game longevity and allows for a sequel to be made down the road (having the public still interested in your game a year after release is very hard to do).''

TigerGenocide
02-03-2011, 06:31 PM
No it's not at all. I've have the beta for the multiplayer and it is just tacked on. The focus has always been on the story.

I wasn't aware that it's April 1st already...

Have you seen ANY recent gameplay trailers/dev interviews?

Superjoint Ritual
02-05-2011, 01:36 AM
I wasn't aware that it's April 1st already...

Have you seen ANY recent gameplay trailers/dev interviews?

Haha that was funny! Have you watched ANY of the early dev diaries? The first ones were saying single player was the main focus. Now they are just SHOWING the multiplayer. They are not saying it's the main focus.

Big_Sama
02-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah because everyone plays FPS for the story. Don't live in a dream world, Call of Duty would not be a success if it didn't have a story. I like that they focused more on the multiplayer without taking out a good story.

13ip0lar
02-12-2011, 01:02 PM
I hope that eight hours was from the easiest difficulty because once I play it on hardest difficulty, it'll easily surpass eight hours mark, and hopefully into 12 hours. Single Players campaign seem too damn short.

Who seriously buys a FPS for the single campaign honestly? That's not where the fun, replayability, or value is. Multiplayer ftw /thread

Lord Yamikage
02-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Who seriously buys a FPS for the single campaign honestly? That's not where the fun, replayability, or value is. Multiplayer ftw /thread

Um, yeah, that's because perhaps we have different taste when it comes to FPS. Don't get me wrong, Single campaign is not everything, but so many shooting multiplayers is all very much similar to me. Perhaps because I played way too many years of Counter-Strike back in early 2K that I don't feel like playing Multiplayers when it comes to FPS.

With that said, I'm not saying I don't play Multiplayers (shooter), just not much as other gamers. I'm story person above all else, and Homefront story is very appealing.

You don't like my opinion, that's cool man. I'm not forcing you to agree with me, or even like my opinion. But don't go disrespecting other people opinion.

13ip0lar
02-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Um, yeah, that's because perhaps we have different taste when it comes to FPS. Don't get me wrong, Single campaign is not everything, but so many shooting multiplayers is all very much similar to me. Perhaps because I played way too many years of Counter-Strike back in early 2K that I don't feel like playing Multiplayers when it comes to FPS.

With that said, I'm not saying I don't play Multiplayers (shooter), just not much as other gamers. I'm story person above all else, and Homefront story is very appealing.

You don't like my opinion, that's cool man. I'm not forcing you to agree with me, or even like my opinion. But don't go disrespecting other people opinion.

I didn't...I stated a fact lol. No, but seriously if you took a poll I'm sure a conservative figure of 75% of people would say multi vs single. With that in mind that's fine if you like the story, I enjoy a good story/plot as much as the next person. I just don't go looking for it an FPS, if I want a good story I'll play Dragons Age, or Mass Effect. I won't look for substance in a game type that requires nothing more than an aimbot to beat. Fact is multiplayer is what keeps things interesting. Getting inside people's head... most of the time you can throw a nade somewhere you are sure someone will be and get a kill; other times as it leaves your hand you will get a knife in the back, and this leaves you rage at your screen. That's what makes FPS interesting ^^

Lord Yamikage
02-17-2011, 02:58 AM
I didn't...I stated a fact lol. No, but seriously if you took a poll I'm sure a conservative figure of 75% of people would say multi vs single. With that in mind that's fine if you like the story, I enjoy a good story/plot as much as the next person. I just don't go looking for it an FPS, if I want a good story I'll play Dragons Age, or Mass Effect. I won't look for substance in a game type that requires nothing more than an aimbot to beat. Fact is multiplayer is what keeps things interesting. Getting inside people's head... most of the time you can throw a nade somewhere you are sure someone will be and get a kill; other times as it leaves your hand you will get a knife in the back, and this leaves you rage at your screen. That's what makes FPS interesting ^^

You're right. I wouldn't usually look story in FPS, but this is one of the rare exception. However, there are shooting game that just deliver some great story. Gears of War series and Halo series. I also personally like the story of Black Ops and Modern Warfare too. Majority of the people would choose multiplayers, and I can see why when it comes to FPS. But like I said, I might had abused too much on Counter-Strike that I don't look too forward for multiplayers anymore.

Dz06lt
02-17-2011, 03:21 AM
Well as short as 8 hours is, that's unfortunately pretty much the standard these days. It's easier and cheaper to tag on a MP mode, and also easier and cheaper to churn out DLC in the form of map packs.

At least there's hoping that the campaign will last longer if you first have to figure out how to get past tricky sections. But God forbid, please no collectibles!

Well for only 8 hours the game better be dam good thats all I have to say.

8 hrs short, seriously what planet are you people living on? The average none sandbox/rpg game barely hits 7-8hrs, So if an FPS is 8 thats a godsend.

Pollux42
02-17-2011, 03:31 AM
Nothing wrong with expecting more than 8. Regardless of genre.

StayonTarget
02-18-2011, 01:26 AM
So what? As long as it's good I don't care.

13ip0lar
02-18-2011, 08:19 PM
You're right. I wouldn't usually look story in FPS, but this is one of the rare exception. However, there are shooting game that just deliver some great story. Gears of War series and Halo series. I also personally like the story of Black Ops and Modern Warfare too. Majority of the people would choose multiplayers, and I can see why when it comes to FPS. But like I said, I might had abused too much on Counter-Strike that I don't look too forward for multiplayers anymore.

Fair enough...I also wanted to bring to people's attention a certain thread started by popular beverage. Kid is a total tool and I hope you all leave him a piece of your mind. I know I did...lol.

XxBruteForce1xX
02-25-2011, 11:35 AM
After looking at the achievement list the fact we're only getting about 6 chapters is really unfortunate. Hopefully this game won't end up like Frontlines:Fuel of War.

DeafeningLime
02-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah I hope it lasts longer than 8 hrs also, Im not much into the multiplayer part of it

BR247
02-25-2011, 06:42 PM
YES!!!!! I hate campaign, I just get all the achievements then stay in MP. Campaigns are fun if coop is involved, but not solo.

DemandingSky
02-25-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm a fan of games that have a good story before I even touch multiplayer. However, if the campaign is really good then I'll go back to it and play again.

WipeoutBoy1
02-26-2011, 07:19 PM
There is so much more to games than just multiplayer, why the hell would you buy a game just for pure multiplayer

StillTIPPIN187
02-26-2011, 07:46 PM

I second this. I am not a fan of the MP

seven43861
02-26-2011, 08:32 PM
8 hours isn't too bad, a standard time for a FPS single player campaign on normal difficulty is around 6 hours. For example Halo Reach and CODBLOPS. Less than 6 hours for an example would be Medal Of Honor, and we can all agree that MOH campaign was shitty.

Off Topic, Randy Pitchford from Gearbox has stated that Duke Nukem Forever will have an unprecedented 16 hour long campaign. :Bounce:

blkalleykat
02-28-2011, 05:56 PM
8 hrs is reasonable for a fps but if your only looking to get it for the campaign you should pass on it if it's not long enough to warrent your $60 purchase if you plan on skipping the online multiplayer. you can always bump up the difficulty for single player and squeeze some more time out of it.

13ip0lar
03-01-2011, 01:26 AM
There is so much more to games than just multiplayer, why the hell would you buy a game just for pure multiplayer

Key word you used: games, and notice I said FPS. Who seriously would play a campaign of an FPS more than once? Achievement runs, alternate ending aside...you seriously think the time played on the campaign will even be a fraction of the time people play multiplayer? Get real sir...

Venomized
03-01-2011, 07:28 AM

I concur!!

XxINYOUREYE11xX
03-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I really think single vs. multiplayer has alot to do with the age group your in as well. I'm 28 and my generation grew up with single player only and local multiplayer. I actually feel a bit sorry for the younger generation because all they know is call of duty and other multiplayer games and I know plenty of younger people that never even start the single player, to each his own...I just hope developers don't forget about the old school gamers like me that prefer a good story in any game regardless of genre.

I'm gonna wait til this comes out and see what everyone says before I throw my money away, I can also see this game being another frontlines and if thats the case I'll buy it in a couple months.

Double2Seven
03-10-2011, 11:13 AM
The game is not 8 hours long...more like 4 honestly.Maybe more if go for collectibles and play on the hardest dificulty.

Its really a MP game, and im still to test mp , the serves are down a the moment.

Ph1l0z0ph3r
03-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Yea i beat the game in about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hrs on easy or whatever default difficulty is.

Downesey
03-11-2011, 11:27 PM
more bad news, i finished in in 5ish hours aswell. Noone knows what the beta testers were doing for 8 hours :/

loverman529
03-12-2011, 09:39 AM
yep :( god knows where they got 8 hrs from... completed in 3 n a half hrs on normal... and that wasnt rushing :(.... but good game

13ip0lar
03-12-2011, 09:54 AM
The game is not 8 hours long...more like 4 honestly.Maybe more if go for collectibles and play on the hardest dificulty.

Its really a MP game, and im still to test mp , the serves are down a the moment.

Yea i beat the game in about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hrs on easy or whatever default difficulty is.

more bad news, i finished in in 5ish hours aswell. Noone knows what the beta testers were doing for 8 hours :/

yep :( god knows where they got 8 hrs from... completed in 3 n a half hrs on normal... and that wasnt rushing :(.... but good game

Is there something I am missing? I thought this didn't come out till the 15th? How do you all have it already?!

Gamersdg
03-12-2011, 11:00 AM
I just beat it to took me about 4 1/2 hours, Great storyline., and I got my copy at BJ wholesale they had them on there new release shelf they must not got the memo that it don't come out till the 15'th I bought and canceled my Pre order from Amazon.

ZedChuva
03-13-2011, 02:25 PM

I blame MP for that. Devs focus primarily on MP, so the single player campaign always gets less attention. I also blame lazy devs... and The Queen.

fax5jrj
03-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Honestly, the only three shooters where attention is actually put on the campaign is Halo, Dead Space and Gears of War. What did you guys expect?

garret10
03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
seems to be the standard playtime for fps nowadays. why cant all games be the same size as fallout now that would be good

iameac
03-13-2011, 09:09 PM

I can't agree more. It seems like developers are giving up on the players who either don't care or don't have the wherewithal to play online. I love single player shooters, but they seem to be lacking more and more and moreee and mmmoooorrreee over the past 3-4 years, particularly in the last two.

I'm gonna dust off my N64 and play the Goldeneye campaign until my eyes bleed, brb.

SIMPLYMIDGET
03-14-2011, 02:02 PM
After looking at the achievement list the fact we're only getting about 6 chapters is really unfortunate. Hopefully this game won't end up like Frontlines:Fuel of War.

Hey! hold your tongue, I enjoyed Frontlines...multiplayer no, single player yes.

CORMACK
03-14-2011, 02:06 PM
I think il give this game a miss atleast untill the price drops

GSpot84
03-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Having a story mode last 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours is too short in my opinion. I realize it's main focus is online but to finish a game in one sitting seems a little much to me. I'll wait and see how fast it drops into the bargain bin.

InkedUp
03-14-2011, 03:01 PM
I really think single vs. multiplayer has alot to do with the age group your in as well. I'm 28 and my generation grew up with single player only and local multiplayer. I actually feel a bit sorry for the younger generation because all they know is call of duty and other multiplayer games and I know plenty of younger people that never even start the single player, to each his own...I just hope developers don't forget about the old school gamers like me that prefer a good story in any game regardless of genre.

I'm gonna wait til this comes out and see what everyone says before I throw my money away, I can also see this game being another frontlines and if thats the case I'll buy it in a couple months.

^^ Agreed. Being almost 30, I feel the same way. I'm a huge single player, storyline fan. No matter how long the campaign mode is, if the storyline is good I will enjoy it fully before I even touch the mp side of the game.

MC B0B x360a
03-14-2011, 04:57 PM

^^ Agreed. Being almost 30, I feel the same way. I'm a huge single player, storyline fan. No matter how long the campaign mode is, if the storyline is good I will enjoy it fully before I even touch the mp side of the game.

I'm of the same age group (28), and I could care less about the story. I play the game for pure entertainment value, and rarely follow the story line or character development. Most games I cant even remember the names of the character when I'm done playing them. As long as it is action packed, and fun, I dont care what story is being told. This is most likely the reason I put the emphasis on a good multiplayer, rather than the single player. It just comes down to different strokes for different folks.

Bistric
03-14-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm of the same age group (28), and I could care less about the story. I play the game for pure entertainment value, and rarely follow the story line or character development. Most games I cant even remember the names of the character when I'm done playing them. As long as it is action packed, and fun, I dont care what story is being told. This is most likely the reason I put the emphasis on a good multiplayer, rather than the single player. It just comes down to different strokes for different folks.

I'm 37 and share the same outlook on games as you. A good story in a game is appreciated, but to expect it from FPS is insane.
Only people who enjoy FPS for its story line are probably the same ones that watch Seagal/Van Damme/Dacascos movies for their stories, when in reality its just a ton of fighting and stunts held together by some random dialogue.

Also, for those complaining about short campaign, try my method:
- Be a real poor FPS player, die a lot, rush into action disregarding any cover whatsoever, and before you know it - the campaign is 16 hours long.

TrueilLuSionZ
03-14-2011, 06:07 PM
I have been playing Homefront for like 6 or 7 hours and i completed the story. I'm not bitching about it because this is a very good story and i will most likely play it a couple more times. But the Multiplayer imo is one of the worst i have played. So i would really suggest everybody to rent the game somewhere before buying it.

kTs Yones
03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Is there something I am missing? I thought this didn't come out till the 15th? How do you all have it already?!

in some countries it's already for sale, got my copy this morning. Lovin it for now ;)

turkeyfly
03-16-2011, 04:03 PM
I've heard the campaign was pretty short