PDA

View Full Version : 1 Level in 5 or fewer seconds..

kRaZyNeSs
03-29-2006, 06:22 AM
Anyone know the easiest way to get this achievement...i did level 1-1 and my best was 9 seconds. Anyone know an easier level or if there's a trick?

Winwood
03-29-2006, 06:43 AM
Yeah, on the Xbox.com there was a thread and the trick is to go into Zuma not signed into a profile and then sign in when it helps. It drops the difficulty of the game (and 1-1) down. I haven't got it yet but it def helps :D

kRaZyNeSs
03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah, on the Xbox.com there was a thread and the trick is to go into Zuma not signed into a profile and then sign in when it helps. It drops the difficulty of the game (and 1-1) down. I haven't got it yet but it def helps :D

Thank you sir.

stankit
03-30-2006, 12:58 AM
when you say sign out, do you mean sign out of live or your profile?

kRaZyNeSs
03-30-2006, 05:25 AM
My best is now 7 seconds rather than 9 seconds. It helped a little.

Winwood
03-30-2006, 08:27 AM
when you say sign out, do you mean sign out of live or your profile?
Your profile.

http://forums.xbox.com/2825707/ShowPost.aspx

fish food
04-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Yeah, on the Xbox.com there was a thread and the trick is to go into Zuma not signed into a profile and then sign in when it helps. It drops the difficulty of the game (and 1-1) down. I haven't got it yet but it def helps

I tried that trick. It did make things easier but I played 440 matches in 4 hours. Got 6 seconds once. So close. Also got 7, 8, 9 seconds quite a few times. I give up and consider this achievement impossible. I bow down to you if you have achieved it.
:bow:

Kromhell
05-02-2006, 08:02 PM
:Bounce: Wooohooo. I managed to get this frigging hard achievement. It took me a while (3 hours), but I finally got it. I almost hit the ceiling with my head when I jumped. 5 seconds, I thought it was impossible, when it only almost impossible. hehe. Good luck to those who are trying to achive this yet...

Styze
05-02-2006, 10:17 PM
:Bounce: Wooohooo. I managed to get this frigging hard achievement. It took me a while (3 hours), but I finally got it. I almost hit the ceiling with my head when I jumped. 5 seconds, I thought it was impossible, when it only almost impossible. hehe. Good luck to those who are trying to achive this yet...

Congrats!!!! I've almost given up on this one. :(

Zpophy
05-05-2006, 09:30 PM
i gave up before i tried it ;P

Maka
05-06-2006, 02:38 AM

wow. lol, this guy comes on the forum just to brag,... He has one post and... yeah you guys get the point

kRaZyNeSs
05-08-2006, 12:41 PM
wow. lol, this guy comes on the forum just to brag,... He has one post and... yeah you guys get the point

yea..congrats to him. Let's all hail him now?

Kromhell
05-08-2006, 09:01 PM

Oh well, that wasn't my intention. It's just that this site helpd me to get that damned achievement, and I wanted to share my happiness. Sorry if you felt teased:nana . And from now on, I'll try to help, as you can see in my second post ;)

DaveWilma07
08-24-2006, 11:03 AM
it's ok mate. Some of us realise that wasn't your intention either.

ryjo965
08-31-2006, 02:08 PM
nearly got it, 6

El Cid xMGx
10-09-2006, 03:57 AM
combos is the key, my wife has been up to jag 5 with 24 + combos and gotten 6-7 sec Zumas, I dunno try it on rabbit to see if it works I will let you know her progress.

Cid

FoxJA
10-10-2006, 09:24 AM

Seems silly doesn't it....3 hours to get a 5 second achievment......but then again I give up!!! I Just can't get it.

xxNOLAUxx
12-06-2006, 04:27 AM
pshh I havent even attempted this and I already give up.

dekkrboy
02-24-2007, 06:13 AM
it took my 20 minutes maybe to get it. just do 1-1 over and over and pray you get lucky with a combo

Pedro7_2000
04-05-2007, 06:19 PM
OK, I've definitely have to weigh in on this one.

I was like some of these other people and never really gave this achievement a try. But I decided to revisit my love for Zuma yesterday (sparked by the release of Luxor 2).

I spent almost 5 hours playing 1-1 for this achievement, but never got below 7 seconds. I can regularly get under 10 seconds, but there have been a few times when I'm done with all the balls in a second, but the coin didn't show up (to push me into Zuma).

The way I figure it, I played about 4.5 games a minute which puts me at about 1,350 different attempts. Should it really take this long?... My love for Zuma is being tainted by this crazy hard achievement.

I could REALLY use some help. In particular does anyone know what the trick was on Xbox.com (the thread's dead now).

Pedro7_2000
04-05-2007, 06:21 PM
PS
I got an new Live update when I started up Zuma. Does anyone know what it was for?

Fat Grover
05-12-2007, 03:42 PM
its tough... bleh!

Imapimp420o
06-17-2007, 04:43 AM
Well ill put my imput in i wasnt even going for this achievement when i got it the irony i had 94 coins and only needed 6 do i was playing and i kept pushing A to get the damn game to start and before i blinked it said achievement unlocked and i just kept going not knowing i actually got sharpshooter i found out when i did get 100 coins and

MY TIME WAS 5 SECONDS i think the only way any 1 is going to get it is to just shoot at the top of the screen and hope for the best cuz honestly i didnt even see a ball hope this helps a little i just dont see how its possiabe any other way considering my time was on the money

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phrozan
07-12-2007, 05:07 AM
I have tried that quite a bit (shooting at the top of the screen) with no such luck, and there is no way I can get the last two achievements in this game. I have started working on luxor 2 with the wife which can be equally as tough in some cases.

nfgmusicPaul
08-07-2007, 05:52 AM

I don't understand when you say, 'not signed into a profile and then sign in when it helps...' what do you mean when it helps.

thanx

Pedro7_2000
08-08-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't understand when you say, 'not signed into a profile and then sign in when it helps...' what do you mean when it helps.

thanx
I found out what the Xbox.com trick he's talking about was, but I don't think it really works. There's no real "trick" to getting it. Essentially people are trying to say Level 1-1 gets "harder" if you've already beaten the game, so you have to come up with a way to make it seem like you're just starting out playing the game.

It's pretty foolish and it will most likely piss you off when you unlock it on an account you don't care about.

If you really want it, my suggestion would be to keep trying for it on a regular basis (like everyday), but for no more than 30 minutes a day. I spent 2 days trying to get it marathon style. I finally took a day off from playing and then got it in about 5 minutes the next day.

But if I had to do it again, I'd say be more regular for shorter periods of time. I look back now and realize there was no way I was going to get it marathon style b/c you get too slow as time goes on. Hope this helps.

DrMuffinStuffer
01-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Its pure luck with this achievement boys and girls, it only took me a few attempts at level 1-1. There was a video on you tube of someone doing it but I can't find it.

If you have the patience to look for it go for it, otherwise its just a case of waiting for the right balls (No pun intended) to come along. Good luck

:uzi: PS3

DrizztDourden43
01-31-2008, 01:20 AM
I still think this one is impossible, but I am at no means good at this game. My mother told me this game kicks ass so I bought it, but she beats the hell out of any score I can get every time. And she made fun of me when I said I couldn't get this. (Then again she is playing on a computer with a mouse, which has to be 100X easier)

Minardi 05
05-14-2008, 12:53 PM
this game is pure hard i give up on it

FoxGuy3001
05-30-2008, 03:44 PM
I got surprisingly lucky :Bounce:...took me about 20 minutes. The annoying thing was I only got 2 times EVERY time before the achievement unlocked, :09 and :14, which was so irritating because its obviously just the luck of how the balls come out so I have no idea why that would happen.

FYI, didn't sign out of my profile to do it.

Ive been on a masochistic run lately, not trying to get all of the points on live games, but just the hard ones....I don't know why. Between this, beating PF:HD with Dan, clearing Alien Hominid on Hard, and getting the Temple Master achievement on GS I think I've taken 3-4 years off my life :chair

Pedro7_2000
06-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I got surprisingly lucky :Bounce:...took me about 20 minutes. The annoying thing was I only got 2 times EVERY time before the achievement unlocked, :09 and :14, which was so irritating because its obviously just the luck of how the balls come out so I have no idea why that would happen.

FYI, didn't sign out of my profile to do it.

Ive been on a masochistic run lately, not trying to get all of the points on live games, but just the hard ones....I don't know why. Between this, beating PF:HD with Dan, clearing Alien Hominid on Hard, and getting the Temple Master achievement on GS I think I've taken 3-4 years off my life :chair

Zuma's got plenty of punishment to dish out. If you want to keep the pain coming try for the 2 million score achievement.

And to the other poster...I don't think the computer version is any easier. People say that, but if you're used to a console controller then it's the same. People who say it's easier are PC gamers who haven't made the switch to consoles.

eGEORGE
06-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Been trying to get this one forever...This one is too hard

Mythtakes
07-17-2008, 07:04 PM
You need a good deal of luck to get this I'd say. When I got it, I fired out 2 or 3 balls and it combo'd up the rest, got it done in exactly 5 seconds.

CSARdiver
07-17-2008, 08:04 PM
For those of you who've gotten the achievement - are you just shooting randomly or aiming at the middle of the chain? I've caused several combos, but always left with 1 or 2 balls that end up off screen taking a few seconds to return, so I end up with a time of ~9 seconds every time.

Mythtakes
07-17-2008, 09:57 PM
For those of you who've gotten the achievement - are you just shooting randomly or aiming at the middle of the chain? I've caused several combos, but always left with 1 or 2 balls that end up off screen taking a few seconds to return, so I end up with a time of ~9 seconds every time.

I aimed for the colours that corresponded, I guess it was just luck that the rest were combos

Pedro7_2000
07-18-2008, 02:47 PM
It requires a great deal of luck, but you also need to have COMBOS. So try not to start out by just shooting the lead balls. Aim for starting a combo chain from about the middle to the rear. And don't do it all in one sitting. I would try for hours on end, but when you are tired you don't react quick enough. Just do it for like 30 minutes a day. G/L

los carnales
09-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Before I unlocked this achievement, I was shotting randomly. After a while, I decided to look at the colors and only shot two balls. It is mostly luck but I have a theory. Most people that got it had to have played over a 100 tries on level 1 -1. So my guess is that you are looking for a random one in the sequence that has about two different colors. By the way, I got it on 4 seconds.

Hayabusa 117
09-29-2008, 01:14 PM
it's a combination of waiting for a good combination of balls and hitting them to give you a decent combo. I was on it for a about an hour or two (maybe more) and the best I did before that was 6 seconds, but getting it 5 seconds just requires luck.

raggyt
04-10-2009, 11:44 AM
I've tried to get this for so long I gave up. But I think after reading these posts I will give it another go.

Mighty Jez
05-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Just wanted to come and brag that I got this achievement yesterday, it's possible guys you just have to persevere and hope for good quick combos!

Best of luck to those still trying!

Bigchuvak
06-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Ya this achievement is 99.9% impossible and .1% luck

Retro Thanos
06-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I just finally got it! Took me around 30 minutes to get it today! :woop:

siderinc
03-03-2010, 10:36 PM
I did this one in about ten minutes of realy trying just luck i guess but oh so glad it diddnt take longer

oh and i didnt sign out so maybe you don't have to because its just placebo effect or something

o00oRICHARDo00o
03-05-2010, 09:57 AM
I have tried this for monthes now with no luck! I have done it in 6 seconds more times then I care to remember!:rant:

Tips I have learned along the way that might help you...

1. Your first shot should be somewhere just above where the 1-1 is at the start of the stage. Basically in or around that area. Just seems the best major combos start in or around this area. (Everytime, I get in the 6 and 7 second range it's always been from my first shot near here.)

2. If your first shot doesn't start a major combo... Then, quit and retry b/c it ain't happening! If my second shot starts the combo and I happen to still clear it quick, it's still around the 8 to 10 second range. (I have never came close to 6 seconds without a good first shot.)

3. If you shoot more than 4 balls, quit and retry. Everytime, I've made it to 6 seconds it was 3 balls or less. I think a few times I shot 4 and made 6 seconds so odds are, if you shoot 4 balls its a no go!

4. You have to be fast but don't rush your second shot. When the major combo starts off your first shot. Don't rush and mess up the second shot. I have done it a 1000 times and you only get that empty feeling that, that was the one and you blew it! :chair

5. Getting on your knees, with tears in your eyes praying to the video games god to please just let me get this, PLEASE! Does not work! Well, at least it hasn't for me yet but I still try every now and then! :)

6. It's all luck so some people get it in less than 100 tries and others try 1000's of times and don't get it but get close enough (6, 7, 8 seconds) to keep trying!

Congrats! To all who have this achievement! I only hope that one day I will get it but till then I will just have to keep trying!

Good Luck!

pandaliamcod6
04-01-2012, 04:20 PM
It's total bullshit, cos on PS3 you get 8 second:confused:

Mookie Wilson
11-18-2012, 12:21 PM
This is a very frustrating achievement. I hope to get it soon.

Restricted-Access
07-23-2013, 09:04 AM
I just got this achievement. I've tried it before... don't remember how much time I invested in it (maybe 10 or 15 minutes?), but decided last night I was going to do it!

I watched a video on YouTube (just seeing someone can actually do it helps), and I followed a similar pattern to get it. The first thing I can tell you, besides needing patience... you need a controller in mint condition! If you have a "Call of Duty/Battlefield/Halo MP" hammered controller you've been using for more than 6 months... it's probably too worn out to work accurately enough to do it.

I have two controllers with varied amounts of heavy use, and both were too worn to work well. So I dug-out my nearly new controller (I've used it twice before, for games that needed precision response: "Hexic HD" & "Bejeweled 2"), and unlocked the achievement in under an hour (and I didn't do that logging-out trick - I never heard of that before).

A big part of getting it IS luck. If you get too many single-colored spheres alone - especially if there isn't another of the same color nearby - you will never get it. I restarted 30 or 40 times (at least)... possibly as much as 50 times, before I got it!

Phrozan
08-21-2013, 11:23 AM
I just got this achievement. I've tried it before... don't remember how much time I invested in it (maybe 10 or 15 minutes?), but decided last night I was going to do it!

I watched a video on YouTube (just seeing someone can actually do it helps), and I followed a similar pattern to get it. The first thing I can tell you, besides needing patience... you need a controller in mint condition! If you have a "Call of Duty/Battlefield/Halo MP" hammered controller you've been using for more than 6 months... it's probably too worn out to work accurately enough to do it.

I have two controllers with varied amounts of heavy use, and both were too worn to work well. So I dug-out my nearly new controller (I've used it twice before, for games that needed precision response: "Hexic HD" & "Bejeweled 2"), and unlocked the achievement in under an hour (and I didn't do that logging-out trick - I never heard of that before).

A big part of getting it IS luck. If you get too many single-colored spheres alone - especially if there isn't another of the same color nearby - you will never get it. I restarted 30 or 40 times (at least)... possibly as much as 50 times, before I got it!

Yes the best I can do ever is 6 freakin seconds! This one is really a pain!

Calv1n
10-17-2013, 09:34 PM
I think that most of Popcap's games are primarily based on luck. Peggle, Zuma, its just... Thankfuly, we have Plants Vs. Zombies.

Anyway, I haven't even tried this achievement. Heck, its hard to get 5 different matches in 2 seconds on Taptiles without a strategy. I think you just have to shoot and hope to get a few lucky matches.

And you will probably have to do this for a few hours if you are my level (Med. Experience, Min. Skill)

A Fiesty Raptor
01-10-2014, 04:29 AM
Who the hell decided this achievement was a good idea?