PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Power Nodes glitch Ch14 ***SPOILER ALERT****

jpric18
01-26-2011, 03:41 AM
I accidentally backed tracked from a Save Station and found a Power Node room replenishing power nodes, ruby semiconductors, and credits.

**** SPOILER ALERT ******

*** UPDATE 2/1/2011 ***

Some have confirmed this works in other power node rooms, please see thread and youtube comments for more details.

When you first unlock this room on Ch. 14, you can collect the items (after step 1). I know I collected the items before saving at the Save Box in the guide.

Instead of exiting to the menu to reload the save point, some have confirmed you can choose "Restart Checkpoint" after saving.

*** END OF UPDATE ***

This was done on normal difficulty and the room that replenishes the items requires a power node for access.

The Save Station in the is located on Chapter 14 after the anti-gravity section. Shortly after sticking your eye with needle, you'll be chased by the necromorph that doesn't die. You'll eventually reach the anti-gravity section. After you pass the anti gravity section, you go through two doors and on your right will be a door requiring a power node for access. This is room that replenishing the items. You'll find the Save Station two more doors if you head left from that T intersection.

Steps (read description above to locate starting point):
1. Unlock the door with a power node. Title above door: 6: Secure Storage, Power Node Access Only ** UPDATE 2/1: You should be able to collect the items from this room **
2. Advance through two more doors to reach a Store, Bench, and Save Station.
3. Save at Save Station after the anti-gravity section on Chapter 14.
4. Reload the save point by quitting to main menu ** UPDATE 2/1: Alternative: Reload the save point by choosing "Restart Checkpoint" **
5. Back track to the anti-gravity area (most of time you can go directly to the room). Once you get back to the anti-gravity area, go back through the last two doors and go into the room on your right. This is the room that required a power node to open. Inside this room is where I find either 2 power nodes, 1 ruby semiconductor, and/or 3k credit.
6. Go back to Save Station and save the game.
7. Repeat steps 4-6

NOTE: if you start finding only credits in the room, try going all the way back to the switch in the antigravity area, then go to the room. Doing this has reset the 2 power nodes for me.

YouTube - Dead space 2 Power Node Glitch

FSparacino4
01-26-2011, 03:48 AM
Mind if i add this to the guide and give yah credit assuming it still works?

Pearson
01-26-2011, 03:54 AM
It'd sure be great if it still works by the time that I get to Chp. 14. I'm at Chp. 11 right now and having unlimited power nodes would help with two achievements.

FSparacino4
01-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Yes, seeing as even with the "power node respec" after getting the fully upgraded rig and stasis achievement which gives you all your nodes back, it still isnt possible to get fully loaded in one playthrough. so this would help a bunch.

jpric18
01-26-2011, 04:03 AM
FSparacino4, please free feel to use it in the guide. I was able to get the 4 fully upgraded weapon achievement on my first play through.

FSparacino4
01-26-2011, 04:09 AM
FSparacino4, please free feel to use it in the guide. I was able to get the 4 fully upgraded weapon achievement on my first play through.

Because of the glitch?? :)

jpric18
01-26-2011, 04:13 AM
Yup, I got the achievement by using the glitch. I used the glitch to get about 50+ power nodes. I eventually continued on because I wanted to finish the game. It appeared to be infinite.

FSparacino4
01-26-2011, 04:15 AM
lol damn the weapons alone need like 100+ to do i had 30 from respeccing my rig and stasis and had a bunch i bought from the store still ended playthrough one with 3/4 guns upgraded

ConfusedGeek
01-26-2011, 04:54 AM
you tube video no longer available.

jpric18
01-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Youtube is still processing the video. It has been processing it for about 6 hours.

FSparacino4
01-26-2011, 05:18 AM
Youtube is still processing the video. It has been processing it for about 6 hours.

will put it in my guide whenever it deceeds to finish processing

Pearson
01-26-2011, 05:41 AM
I have my rig and stasis filled with all the nodes and my plasma cutter is 4 away from being filled. I guess I would need at least another 50 to 100 more nodes to fully upgrade everything.

FSparacino4
01-26-2011, 05:44 AM
I have my rig and stasis filled with all the nodes and my plasma cutter is 4 away from being filled. I guess I would need at least another 50 to 100 more nodes to fully upgrade everything.

If you are just going for the achievements first run through respec your rig and stasis to get 30 nodes back.

Pearson
01-26-2011, 06:29 AM
If you are just going for the achievements first run through respec your rig and stasis to get 30 nodes back.
I'm gearing up for either an Zealot or Hard Core run my next time through. So if everything carries over, then I won't have to worry building everything up again.

FSparacino4
01-26-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm gearing up for either an Zealot or Hard Core run my next time through. So if everything carries over, then I won't have to worry building everything up again.

It only carries over in a new game + and you can only go as high as zealot in new game +. Hardcore you need to start from scratch

Dan.Pro
01-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Nice find man, I'm not at chapter 14 right now, but as soon as I reach it, I will try your glitch!

Pearson
01-26-2011, 03:30 PM
It only carries over in a new game + and you can only go as high as zealot in new game +. Hardcore you need to start from scratch
It figures that it wouldn't carry over to Hard Core! :biglaugh I guess then I will do my new game+ on Zealot.

I'm sure glad that they give you a little breather from the non-killable necromorph to do all of this.

EDIT: Well, it was fun while it lasted, everything was going fine, got up to 10 nodes and it doesn't give them to me anymore. I went back after I re-loaded the save and it only gave me credits. I did what you said, went back out to the platform and then went back in, and still no nodes. So I grabbed the money and went back to re-save and now, it only gives me credits.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, it's working for me again. I think that it works sporadically when you do it, at least for me it has. I hit continue instead of load game when it started working again.

Troyan
01-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'm on chap. 8 but I will remember this glith, I hope works =)

EliteShadowMan
01-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Good find! this should get stickied!

FPS GLIMMER
01-27-2011, 12:48 AM
quick question. For the fully load weapon achievement do i have to have the rig and stasis also upgraded? I saved 38 nodes right away and fully upgraded it, popped the achievement and reloaded a save so i have them all back again.

EliteShadowMan
01-27-2011, 01:31 AM
quick question. For the fully load weapon achievement do i have to have the rig and stasis also upgraded? I saved 38 nodes right away and fully upgraded it, popped the achievement and reloaded a save so i have them all back again.

no you just need the weapons fully upgraded.

xAGENTx47x
01-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Thanks for posting that you hit continue, pearson! I was stuck getting a ton of credits, even went all the way across the antigravity to the start and still kept getting the creds. But continue instead of load popped it right back for me.

And thanks for the glitch jpric!

Aesir Renegade
01-27-2011, 02:14 AM
Suddenly Zealot seems quite possible :)

Good find!!! This should be stickied, assuming that the team over at Visceral doesn't catch on to fast... :(

G0LDEN AVENGER
01-27-2011, 02:38 AM
This Will Help A Lot Thanks Man

Kyndig
01-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Hey! Been using this this evening to stock up for a harder level run, and I've got a few notes:

1) I've yet to have it get "stuck" on just giving cash. It always goes back to the better loot.

2) You don't have to quit out and load. Once you've saved your game, you can just use "Checkpoint Restart" and it will load that save, as it is your most recent save point. This saves a lot of time...

Great catch on finding this!

TH3 XB0X G3N1U5
01-27-2011, 06:05 AM
Hey! Been using this this evening to stock up for a harder level run, and I've got a few notes:

1) I've yet to have it get "stuck" on just giving cash. It always goes back to the better loot.

2) You don't have to quit out and load. Once you've saved your game, you can just use "Checkpoint Restart" and it will load that save, as it is your most recent save point. This saves a lot of time...

Great catch on finding this!

lol, thought i had this but someone else beat me to it >.<

i did not know about restart checkpoint tho, i just quit and continued. will be doing this for a while longer.

TH3 XB0X G3N1U5
01-27-2011, 06:31 AM
just noticed something:

if you restart checkpoint, it will then start to give u random stuff, like credits, or a single power node.

if u quit and continue however, then you get 2 nodes and the ruby semiconductor.

thats how it is for me anyways, hope that clears things up.

Bloodrune
01-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Is there a nearby store to sell the semi conductors to or can you only carry a few. I would hate to waste them.

Pearson
01-27-2011, 07:57 AM
just noticed something:

if you restart checkpoint, it will then start to give u random stuff, like credits, or a single power node.

if u quit and continue however, then you get 2 nodes and the ruby semiconductor.

thats how it is for me anyways, hope that clears things up. That is what happens to me when I quit and load my save, I get 2 nodes and 1 ruby semi-conductor. So now I have close to 400,000 credits! :biglaugh

I also checked, if you just bought the nodes outright, you need at least 260,000 credits in order to fully upgrade 1 weapon.

Eldriken
01-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Suddenly Zealot seems quite possible :)

Good find!!! This should be stickied, assuming that the team over at Visceral doesn't catch on to fast... :(

If they catch on and release a patch for it, just don't update your game. Play offline and get however many nodes you want and do all your weapon/RIG upgrades and then update.

Aesir Renegade
01-27-2011, 03:16 PM
If they catch on and release a patch for it, just don't update your game. Play offline and get however many nodes you want and do all your weapon/RIG upgrades and then update.

I totally forgot about that! I'll probably just do that if necessary. It helped with Oblivion :) Item duplication FTW!!!

Except I heard it deletes my Gears 2 save data and I'm level 91. I really don't want to lose that :(
I just need another good XP Bonus to come around.

Painkiller Q8
01-27-2011, 03:58 PM
is this real?? I don't want to rush just to reach that chapter you know :P

so please some one confirm it :D ?

Pearson
01-27-2011, 04:09 PM
It's for real, or at least until Visceral fixes it with an update. So far by using this method, I am upgrading my last gun the others are done and by selling off all of the ruby semi-conductor's, I have close to 700,000 credits. :biglaugh

Miss Allen86
01-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Yes, seeing as even with the "power node respec" after getting the fully upgraded rig and stasis achievement which gives you all your nodes back, it still isnt possible to get fully loaded in one playthrough. so this would help a bunch.

Not to sound like a bitch, but yes you can get the fully loaded achievement in one play through. I'm only at chapter 11 and just got it, granted I had to use the power node respec and sell every item in my inventory/safe. If you don't believe please check my achievements. ^_^

TBS
01-27-2011, 09:04 PM
just noticed something:

thats how it is for me anyways, hope that clears things up.
What spawns is completely random. If you get a credit spawn, just restart checkpoint and you'll get something else. You don't have to run to the Zero G area or quit out to the menu, those are unnecessary steps.

Got fully loaded and am gonna keep doing this for a bit to get a bunch of spare credits for future NG+ runs.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
01-27-2011, 10:12 PM
does anyone know how many is need to completley upgrade 4 weapons? also i notice some weapons need more nodes than others... which are 4 need the least nodes.

FSparacino4
01-27-2011, 10:14 PM
does anyone know how many is need to completley upgrade 4 weapons? also i notice some weapons need more nodes than others... which are 4 need the least nodes.

On my way home now and I will take a look through all of them and post it in my guide.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
01-28-2011, 12:14 AM
On my way home now and I will take a look through all of them and post it in my guide.
i just got it, seems about 30 for each weapon which i used.

Plasma Cutter
Pulse Rifle
Javelin Gun
Seeker Rifle.

Mr Drunknspider
01-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Just thought I would confirm this works on casual as well as normal. Didn't see anyone else mention it.

Mr Drunknspider
01-28-2011, 01:25 AM
Ok, so I think I broke this... I tried using the money from the conducters to spped things up and now no matter what I do all I get is 3,000. I also switched out some weapons, so if it's working for you I would wait to do one of those things because I only got enough to upgrade 2.5 guns from when I started...

Also question: can anyone tell me if you have to upgrade the other guns? Like the specialty guns from DLC and such for the achievement?

JuSt BLaZe
01-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Also question: can anyone tell me if you have to upgrade the other guns? Like the specialty guns from DLC and such for the achievement?

Nope, ONLY 4 WEAPONS OF YOUR CHOICE equipped in your four slots & fully upgraded (as the achievement description says). ;)

jpric18
01-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Ok, so I think I broke this... I tried using the money from the conducters to spped things up and now no matter what I do all I get is 3,000. I also switched out some weapons, so if it's working for you I would wait to do one of those things because I only got enough to upgrade 2.5 guns from when I started...

When you start getting only credits, try to go out to the zero G area before going to room. Most of time this reset the power nodes, then you can start going directly to the room again.

Hope this helps.

rockhopper
01-28-2011, 03:06 AM
Thanks for finding this exploit! I will definitely take advantage of this. If only I could get past stupid chapter 10. I threw my controller at a wall in frustration. Playing on survivalist my first time and have no health, no medkits and like 6 plasma shots, 2 line racks, 1 ripper blade, and 3 detonator mines. Was wiped clean in the first blue room with hack door in the medical station, and currently stuck in the next large room with a lift, where so many enemies come including around 4 of those damn crawlers with the tails. My plasma cutter is completely maxed, but for some reason it still takes hell of a lot of shots to kill one guy.

So fucking frustrated.

Powerman1469
01-28-2011, 04:20 AM
good find, thanks for this

makecrack
01-28-2011, 06:10 AM
thanks a ton for this. i rented the game and am so strapped for cash i cant keep it an extra day to try and get to 900 so this helps a shit ton.

Mr Drunknspider
01-28-2011, 07:00 AM
When you start getting only credits, try to go out to the zero G area before going to room. Most of time this reset the power nodes, then you can start going directly to the room again.

Hope this helps.

Yeah I actually started getting nothing. I played some MP and went back to it and it started giving me nodes. For some reason the all weapon upgrade achievement didn't unlock though and everything is updated I dunno what I'm missing

Painkiller Q8
01-28-2011, 10:45 AM
THANKS A LOT, worked with me

2 Nodes
1 Card = 10,000

Both glitched for me...

:D

ODST Kayne
01-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Too bad I didn't do this on my Normal playthrough and take all that fun stuff into Zealot. At least it will help with the last fight!

gazmaster1
01-28-2011, 08:27 PM
only just got the game and have done 1 chapter but i would like to thank you in advance for this as it should be of great help when i get there

Lubeius
01-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Awesome, thanks for the head's up. I'm on my second playthrough getting all of the combat/miscellaneous achievements that I missed, and this will help a lot.

+100 Internets for you, sir.

Dirty130
01-28-2011, 10:29 PM
If you enter the room and the 2 Power Nodes aren't there, just pause and reload your checkpoint, come back to the room and they'll be there with the Ruby Semi-Conductor.

CONKER1182
01-29-2011, 04:35 AM

No update so far so were good for now. :woop::woop::Bounce::Bounce:

vv uk garf vv
01-29-2011, 09:38 AM
thanx man using this and it helps loads :)

NCGatorBait
01-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks alot for this! Anyone know how many nodes you need to upgrade all weapons?

ConfusedGeek
01-29-2011, 11:21 PM
ill admit it, reading and even seeing the video i was a bit confused, but actually getting to the door everything was simple. and it worked like a charm.

was able to upgrade the 3 weapons i needed. maybe it took less than 30 minutes?

DeanBriggz
01-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Awesome find - it helped me out a lot, thanks!

Llewxam
01-30-2011, 09:22 AM
to add to this, i can confirm you don't need to quit to menu and restart. you can just restart checkpoint and it'll work just the same. doing it now.

HeNDRY
01-30-2011, 09:52 AM
bump sticky

Blackrose Writer
01-30-2011, 11:31 AM
I wonder if this glitch will work on Hardcore Mode. If so then we've found the hole we've been looking for people XD

swgeek79
01-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks a lot for this!:drunk I am right at the save area for this and I've fully upgraded 4 weapons and going to keep going to get another 30 at least because I really want to beat Dead Space 2.

LocustDawn
01-30-2011, 03:29 PM
I wonder if this glitch will work on Hardcore Mode. If so then we've found the hole we've been looking for people XD
Not unless someone finds one earlier on, as this really isn't going to help much on hardcore as this is almost at the end of the game...

ShadowPlay 14
01-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Does it matter if you overwrite your previous save?

Pearson
01-30-2011, 05:18 PM
This certainly did come in handy, I have all of my weapons fully upgraded and plenty of credits to buy the other essentials that I need. Thanks again for finding and posting this!

KrAzY LuSo88
01-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey guys!! I think this glitch works EVERYWHERE that has a door with a power node lock!!! I'm in chapter 7, shortly after the fuse puzzles , you get to a room with windows where you can see outside...there is a power node door to the left of a save station ( the door where you find the contact beam schematic ).....i've put the node in the door, went in grabbed everything, then saved my game....restart the checkpoint and it always gives me credits,sometimes a semi conductor...a health pack and ammo....

Edit:i dont don't even have to backtrack....i've passed from 2,500 credits to 60,000 in less then 5 minutes ... the only thing is that i dont have a store around so my inventory is full...i'm leaving all my small medpacks on the ground, and when i restart the checkpoint ( after i've saved ) they're still there alongside all the stuff that appears each time....

KrAzY LuSo88
01-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Not unless someone finds one earlier on, as this really isn't going to help much on hardcore as this is almost at the end of the game...

+ your only allowed 3 saves...so you can't use this glitch....

ConfusedGeek
01-31-2011, 02:52 AM
Does it matter if you overwrite your previous save?

i saved to the fist slot and kept saving to it. less time that way.

LocustDawn
01-31-2011, 03:53 AM
+ your only allowed 3 saves...so you can't use this glitch....
Thats not what I mean, what I meant was why would you want or even need to do this at the point shown in the video on hardcore? Seeing as its right at the end. Look at the post I originally quoted and you'll get what I mean.

MediumMelanin
01-31-2011, 06:05 AM
Ah, sweet, I'll be getting the game today! Thank you glitch! :) Now we need a glitch for Hardcore!! :p

jmart38
01-31-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm barely on Chapter 10, and was about to go to bed. Now I want to do this. Thanks for sharing

AceHii
01-31-2011, 12:20 PM
I wanted to know in your steps, you say unlock the node door and head to the save. Does that mean you don't empty the room in the first step?

Halme
01-31-2011, 07:39 PM
I think this glitch works EVERYWHERE that has a door with a power node lock!!!

Yes it would seem so. I did this glitch for awhile in chapters 5 and 7. There was no nodes on my rooms, but I made some good cash and picked few gold semiconductors.

KrAzY LuSo88
01-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Thats not what I mean, what I meant was why would you want or even need to do this at the point shown in the video on hardcore? Seeing as its right at the end. Look at the post I originally quoted and you'll get what I mean.

Ur absolutely right, but what i added is that even if you wanted too...you couldn't...no offense here...

KrAzY LuSo88
01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Yes it would seem so. I did this glitch for awhile in chapters 5 and 7. There was no nodes on my rooms, but I made some good cash and picked few gold semiconductors.

Maybe but it's odd...i tried the same glitch in the chapter where your back in the ishimura...i think it's chapter 11?? just to the left of a bench that also was in deadspace is a power node door...but it didn't work...i think i tried it at another place and it didn't work...and i did the exact same thing that i did in chapter 7.... What did you do?! Did you put the power node, entered grabbed everything, saved and reload your checkpoint or did you put the power node, saved and THEN you entered the room?!

Syrette
02-01-2011, 01:15 AM
There's a node storage room in chapter 6 right after you first meet the Cyst enemies.

This exploit does not appear to work properly there. You can get maybe 1-2 item replenishments after reloading your checkpoint etc but no more. I had a look and it seems to be the case for other people who've tried it there. Anyone else encountered this?

There are no nodes in that room anyway so it's not a huge problem. Anyone know the next room after this one in chapter 6 that houses nodes? Chapter 7 maybe?

KrAzY LuSo88
02-01-2011, 02:03 AM
There's a node storage room in chapter 6 right after you first meet the Cyst enemies.

This exploit does not appear to work properly there. You can get maybe 1-2 item replenishments after reloading your checkpoint etc but no more. I had a look and it seems to be the case for other people who've tried it there. Anyone else encountered this?

There are no nodes in that room anyway so it's not a huge problem. Anyone know the next room after this one in chapter 6 that houses nodes? Chapter 7 maybe?

The first post i posted in this thread .... In chapter 7 , i've done it after the fuse puzzle rooms...then later on i tried it in a room that had 2 power nodes but it didnt worked...

o0ONecrosisO0o
02-01-2011, 05:58 AM

hey still on my first playthrough not sure if i read this right are you saying that once you upgrade your rig and stasis you get all your powernodes back? do the upgeades still remain with your rig and stasis after you get the nodes back from them and do you get to spend the power nodes you got back on other upgrades?

Halme
02-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Maybe but it's odd...i tried the same glitch in the chapter where your back in the ishimura...i think it's chapter 11?? just to the left of a bench that also was in deadspace is a power node door...but it didn't work...i think i tried it at another place and it didn't work...and i did the exact same thing that i did in chapter 7.... What did you do?! Did you put the power node, entered grabbed everything, saved and reload your checkpoint or did you put the power node, saved and THEN you entered the room?!

Yeah I put on the power node, entered room, grabbed everything, saved and then restarted checkpoint.

Syrette
02-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Is chapter 14 confirmed as the only chapter where one can get unlimited power nodes?

I've tried this on chapter 2 and chapter 8 (both have storage rooms with power nodes found within) and it doesn't appear to work for either of them.

Hashmap
02-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Great find OP.

Not sure if this has been covered, but I believe I found a way to guarantee 2 power nodes and a ruby semiconder every time. If you follow adhere to the plan to step 4 when you save your game, instead of restarting the checkpoint 1 time and backtracking, restart the checkpoint 2 times (the 2nd restart is pretty much instantaneous, so you're not losing any time), and then proceed to backtrack, you will find 2 power nodes and a ruby semiconductor every time. No need to go into the antigravity room.

Maybe it was a fluke, but the room had 2 power nodes and a ruby semiconductor 20 times in a row.

FSparacino4
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
hey still on my first playthrough not sure if i read this right are you saying that once you upgrade your rig and stasis you get all your powernodes back? do the upgeades still remain with your rig and stasis after you get the nodes back from them and do you get to spend the power nodes you got back on other upgrades?

No what I am saying, it costs 30 total to upgrade your RIG and stasis for Fully Outfitted. After getting it you can pay 5k credits to respec your RIG and another 5k to respec your stasis and get those 30 nodes back to use on your weapons. Once you respec something it doesn't keep the previous upgrades.

Epilogue of Euphoria
02-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Pure genius! Thanks for the heads up.

Wanz1
02-02-2011, 01:42 PM
This does work great. Nice thing is that you can shut your 360 off and come back later and continue if you like. One or twice, i went to the room and there was nothing or even just a $3000 credit, but I once again, reloaded the check point and went back and the modes and conductor were there again.

Mindstorms
02-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Great find OP.

Not sure if this has been covered, but I believe I found a way to guarantee 2 power nodes and a ruby semiconder every time. If you follow adhere to the plan to step 4 when you save your game, instead of restarting the checkpoint 1 time and backtracking, restart the checkpoint 2 times (the 2nd restart is pretty much instantaneous, so you're not losing any time), and then proceed to backtrack, you will find 2 power nodes and a ruby semiconductor every time. No need to go into the antigravity room.

Maybe it was a fluke, but the room had 2 power nodes and a ruby semiconductor 20 times in a row.

Will give this a try later and see if it works. So far I have had the room with two nodes and the semiconductor, one node, 3,000 credits and empty. If two restarts works, it will help speed the collecting up.

Lycan Nox
02-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Some one has already said this but people seem to have clearly over looked it, You don't need to load the save over and over, just restart the checkpoint.

The reason the amounts of power nodes/ruby conductors stop reappearing, or become just credits is something to do with the game trying to equal it out.

Why should you be given good stuff if you've already got good stuff, what i mean by this if you've got 0 power nodes and not holding any conductors they will be in the room.

I ran some tests and found that as long as your not holding more then 2 rubys they will spawn in the room, and as long as you've got no more then 4/5 nodes you should get 2 nodes. You can just sell the conductors and put the nodes in weapon. Or you can just put the conductors into storage either work, you just not got to be holding them when you go back to the room. Also dragging them out of the room with Kensis acts like just picking them up but not deposing/selling them.

Although one final point also if you've got alot of money this effects the number spawn rate of the conductors, then the spawn rate of 2 nodes, and then 1 and then finally nothing. So i'd advise you store the conductors if you going to do it for a long time but don't really want to buy anything to bring down your cash levels.

syko2k2
02-03-2011, 03:41 AM
Does anyone know how many nodes you need to max everything out?

Mindstorms
02-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know how many nodes you need to max everything out?

From the achievement --guide-- (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=3938254&postcount=5), it says:

It will take a total of 30 power nodes to upgrade your Stasis and RIG for Fully Outfitted (12 nodes for Stasis and 18 nodes for RIG). Once you get this achievement you can respec for 5,000 credits each and get the 30 nodes back to use for your weapons. Depending on what weapons you are upgrading will determine the number of power nodes needed, but the cheapest 4 weapons require a total of 82 power nodes (Plasma Cutter 18, Detonator 20, Ripper 22 & Pulse Rifle 22). This will get you Fully Loaded.

vhayste
02-03-2011, 10:07 AM
This is really helpful. I'll try it as soon as I'm able... thanks a bunch!

Sent you a PM as well :)

PAC0 IS ME
02-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Thank god i got stuck on a bit on chapter 13 on zealot! now i can change difficulty and upgrade em all and start zealot again.....

Opiate42
02-03-2011, 08:53 PM
This really came in handy on Zealot for stocking up before heading out to face the regenerator bastard.....

Fstick31
02-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Hey this works like a champ, thanks man!

The Horror
02-05-2011, 05:30 PM
This can be done in any power node supply room. Just did it in chapter 7 but have also done it prior to this chapter. Just open the power node room and then collect everything, save then quit then load that same save, items will have returned to the power node room. Rinse and repeat.

shadowrowin
02-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I didn't see this anywhere in the thread yet, but can this trick be done on Hardcore?

ShinXetsu
02-06-2011, 08:25 AM
I didn't see this anywhere in the thread yet, but can this trick be done on Hardcore?

Due to the mechanics of a hardcore playthrough, you can do it 3 times if you waste no saves up to that point, not practical at all.

And btw I'm sure that some people have figured this out already but you do not have to return to the anti-gravity room in step 5 for the items to be there, just head to the power node room directly from where you resume your game.

stagray
02-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Nice find... definitely worth getting a sticky!

StellaArtois Sr
02-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Just been abusing this glitch for the last ten minutes and had mixed results each time I go back. Sometimes I get 2 nodes and a conductor other times 1 node and sometimes just 3000 credits. I have been restarting the checkpoint and getting 3000 credits but mostly quitting then restarting the
game for better results. The main thing is its still working so I can abuse it a tad longer to prepare for the Zealot run. Good times !!!

Philli Vanilli
02-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Just started my first playthrough now, and this is going to be a huge help. Great find.

Joker7189
02-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Thanks a lot for this. I really hope this'll make zealot and hardcore so much easier

GamingDude
02-10-2011, 01:21 AM
There's a store directly across from the Bench near the end

MadaRenrut
02-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Just commenting to keep confirming this works on Chapter 14.
It still went random for me from time to time, as in a few times I went in the room and it would just be 3,000 credits, or just one power node in the room. However, most of the time it was two power nodes and a semi conductor.
Edit.
I never restarted the game if I came across just the 3,000 credits or just the one power node. I just took what was in there and went back to start it all over again. Figured that the 3,000 credits would help out when I wanted to buy alot of power nodes from the store, and since I ran all that way why not just take whats there and run back and save again, just figured I would have to run "halfway" again if I restarted.

Philli Vanilli
02-11-2011, 10:19 AM
So I'm there now and I can't believe how awesome this is. In 40 min I have fully upgraded 7 guns and I have 500,000 credits. When I'm finally ready to finish the game I'm going to make 3 different saves and finish 3 times so I can have a few chances at new game + with all of my maxed gear. This is the best find so far this year (in my opinion.

xhunterrrr
02-17-2011, 02:11 AM
Brilliant find!

S0n1c death
02-18-2011, 12:25 PM
only really worth doing on the harder difficulties.takes alot of the edge off of the game if you start real early with max upgraded weps

ruthlesspride96
02-18-2011, 02:08 PM
I've been playing this on PC and which chapter did you do this glitch at?

Mindstorms
02-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Are you asking on which chapter in the xbox version is this glitch done on? The chapter 14 glitch?

RICH THE EVIL
02-18-2011, 02:43 PM
I tried this method on my 'zealot' run last night as I was running short on ammo and it didnt work, I have used it previously tho, so I hope it hasn't been corrected. Although I don't need it anymore it would be a shame if other gamers couldn't take advantage of it

ruthlesspride96
02-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Are you asking on which chapter in the xbox version is this glitch done on? The chapter 14 glitch?

Thank you man for replying back.

HarperBird
02-22-2011, 02:47 AM
Really helpful glitch kinda ruined the scariness of the game imo but i'm not complain cause i maxed out pretty much everything but 2 guns!!

Quickdraw
02-22-2011, 03:25 AM
its really sweet lol need to try it at some point when i get around to play it.

uDontWanaDoThat
02-25-2011, 06:49 PM
This does work with the last patch released B4 2/25/2011 (not sure when the last patch released) haven't tried it on any of the other node doors but i can say this
It is random on what will be there 2 nodes and a ruby semiconductor, 1 node, or 3k cred.

however when you go to the node room and don't find what your looking for you can just restart from last checkpoint (you don't have to save again sense you didn't pick up anything) and go back to the room again i have found that doing this when u get only 1 power node or the cred saves the time of running back just to save when u got nothing worth (3k is not worth it to me when u can get 2 nodes and a chip worth 10k). The 2 nodes and ruby semiconductor combo was the most common for me got it more often then others which is cool to me lol

hope this was helpful to some of you.

wozza1971
02-27-2011, 10:25 PM
cool will try this when i get that far

Black Mesa Inc
02-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Such a useful little exploit.

kloakaTV
03-01-2011, 10:45 AM

Not true i got all achievements except Hardcore and Zealot in 2 playthroughs.

My goal was to get ready for zeolot and hardcore :) but hardcore is not in new game+ so kinda wasted 1 playthrough but it is possible.

paraffin
03-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Great find. Going to try it tonight. That's as long as they didn't patch it in the update of 1st March for the DLC. Will confirm when I find out.

Gackt
03-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Great find. Going to try it tonight. That's as long as they didn't patch it in the update of 1st March for the DLC. Will confirm when I find out.

Not sure what the patch did, but the glitch still works. I just did it.

Quickdraw
03-02-2011, 06:26 PM
upgraded all my stuff using this, took two hrs but was well worth it.

PimplyPete
03-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks a lot for this. I really hope this'll make zealot and hardcore so much easier

Zealot yes, Hardcore.....good luck getting this to work.

Ghetto Ferret
03-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Pathched =(((((

Brian Kay
03-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Pathched =(((((

just delete the patch and play off line :woop:

Meagan47
03-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Pathched =(((((

Is it actually patched because someone above commented that it wasn't? I'm on chapter 12 or 13 I think so I guess I'll be finding out soon whether it's patched or not.

Meagan47
03-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Okay, I can confirm that this glitch stills works after the update. I just got enough power nodes to upgrade my guns to get fully loaded.

doppiscantsleep
03-03-2011, 08:15 PM
debating if I should do this or not :P

CONKER1182
03-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Okay, I can confirm that this glitch stills works after the update. I just got enough power nodes to upgrade my guns to get fully loaded.

I was expecting for this new update to patch this glitch.

jae200
03-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Theres been some pretty lengthy and confusing posts in this thread and I was beginning to worry about getting to chapter 14 and doing something wrong or the glitch not working but I got there last night and it worked beautifully, and was alot simpler than I thought.

I ran past the node room at first and went straight to the room with save station, bench and store and saved my game before I did anything in case I screwed it up. Then I went straight to the node room, unlocked it and collected everything, ran back to the save station, saved and reloaded my checkpoint and then went straight back to the node room where there were 2 nodes and a semiconductor waiting almost every single time. No backtracking to the anti-grav room or anything, just simply what I said above.

One poster mentioned that it seemed you got less nodes and no semiconductors depending on how much you had in your inventory and I found this to be true too. When I found 0 semiconductors I would have 5-10 in my inventory. If I found 1 or 0 nodes in the room, I had 10+ in my inventory. In this case I simply sold the semiconductors at the store and upgraded my weapons so I had no nodes left in my inventory, saved my game and reloaded the checkpoint and suddenly the 2 nodes and semiconductors began spawning again in the node room.

I was able to get over 600k credits and upgrade all my weapons other than the flamethrower (which I think sucks), I stocked up on 9 stasis packs, tons of ammo and health for the final fight and plenty of credits and upgraded weapons for my zealot run coming up.

Strongbow
03-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Does this still work?

Genesis x360a
03-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Does this still work?

It was 6 days ago, so hopefully it still does. Ive just started the game so im hoping it still works.

Strongbow
03-14-2011, 04:56 PM
It was 6 days ago, so hopefully it still does. Ive just started the game so im hoping it still works.

Great news, I was just wondering becuase of the recent update.

burnoutbabe
03-17-2011, 02:01 PM
worked fine for me last week.

May be worth saying THERE ARE NO MONSTERS HERE, as i was a bit worried that i'd have to fight a few times, but was fine.

I also respeced my rig and stasis to minimise amount of trips i needed (on an alternate save) just to get the achievement.

Park Diesel
03-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Still works, doing it right now.

I will note that anytime I had to go back to the gravity switch, I would actually have to activate the switch and sit there for a few seconds to get the power nodes to reset.

Thanks for this!

Genesis x360a
03-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Yep definitly still working just used it to get enough nodes for the 4 Upgraded weapons achievement. I did have to re-load the checkpoint 2-3 sometimes for them to show up. If you sell the Semi-Conducters at the shop you get 10kCr which is how much 1 node costs so you bassicly get 3 nodes per run :D Very good trick thanks for sharing!

Dr Frisson
05-16-2011, 06:22 AM
Any variation of the above works. I collected 50 nodes in about 30 mins and every 5 or six trips it would give me 3000 credits. In that case I restarted from last checkpoint and everything was tip top. This find really helped me out alot. Thankyou.

Pearson
05-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Is this glitch still working now? Not that I really need to anymore. Can you sell power nodes?

venner
05-19-2011, 06:54 PM
This still works :)

Major Moyo
06-01-2011, 02:51 PM
This is one of the most useful glitches I have seen, drawback is that it comes late in the game.

Now, one could wish Hardcore difficulty could be started from a New Game+ :(

TheUglyCasanova
06-17-2011, 07:24 AM
This is even easier than the Peng glitch from the first one! Kudos to you for finding this good sir. :woop:

raidenhardcore
06-24-2011, 01:30 PM
works like a charm :woop: too bad there is not such a point earlier in the game or maybe there is and didnt backtrack..

jamie1000013
06-25-2011, 01:11 AM
One question how many nodes do you recommend I collect when I do this? Just a rough amount you guess would be enough to get all node related achievements.

Thanks.

Glenjamin10
07-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks so much for this glitch!! Going to realy help on my zealot run!!

antnie
07-08-2011, 07:33 PM
If you are not at Ch.14 yet, you can do a similar glitch in ch.7

Here is the video :

YouTube - &#x202a;Dead Space Infinite Money Glitch Unlimited Credits&#x202c;&rlm;

You can get unlimited credits.

DeReZZd
07-09-2011, 11:56 AM
If you are not at Ch.14 yet, you can do a similar glitch in ch.7

Here is the video :

YouTube - &#x202a;Dead Space Infinite Money Glitch Unlimited Credits&#x202c;&rlm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs6wysGiIDg)

You can get unlimited credits.

Nice one. It works.
This one needs a thread of its own

gazmaster1
07-09-2011, 06:22 PM
this still works as of today, just done it myself

Trombonafide
07-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Its unfortunate that there's no way to do this in Hard Core mode.

Well, I suppose you could use your three saves to do the credits glitch in CH. 7, but that would be a rough fight to the end.

antnie
07-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Its unfortunate that there's no way to do this in Hard Core mode.

Well, I suppose you could use your three saves to do the credits glitch in CH. 7, but that would be a rough fight to the end.

I need to figure out a glitch to do this on hardcore.

MrFrost
08-20-2011, 10:59 PM
I remember seeing a video where the kid had the DLC called Supernova or Martial Law, not sure which, but you get the detonator gun I believe.

Anyways he went to the shop, shot the 3 mines from the gun, deactivated the 3 mines, collected them, sold them and the gun to the shop, then bought the dlc gun again.

Being DLC it was 0 credits, but it came with 3 more mines in ammo, so he shot them, deactivated them, collected and sold them and the gun again, over and over.

They said it worked fine on Hardcore 'cause you weren't using any saves, but you need the dlc for it.

Of course I could have been trippin' balls on acid, and it was all a figment of my imagination.

Staticman 9
09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Should be helpful, many thanks!

freaks
09-03-2011, 12:21 AM
This glitch has been on since the beginning. Just take note that you Can't use it on hardcore because there is no " checkpoint restart " . But yeah, all have fun with that. They'll never fix it, I knew about this glitch around March. So...

sneeaar07
09-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Just about to start playing, wondering if i should do this or not on my first run through...

abcdelm
10-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Is this still working ? Or have they patched it ?

AmbaLaBamba
11-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Thanks a bunch for this! :)

It still works for those of you wanting to know..

Warmudd
12-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Both Chapter 7 and Chapter 14 glitches are still working - used them both during zealot mode. Excellent!

Revixe06
12-31-2011, 10:58 PM
You don't have to reload the save by exiting to the main menu. You can just reload your last checkpoint after you save and the glitch still works. It's a lot faster too! Thanks a bunch for the video!

Kojiro dayo
01-07-2012, 12:08 PM
I needed this glitch in the beginning of the game, is there any other place where a savepoint is located close to one of these rooms?

Kojiro dayo
01-07-2012, 12:10 PM
I needed this glitch in the beginning of the game, is there any other place where a savepoint is located close to one of these rooms?

BLACKPANTHERVII
02-13-2012, 06:25 AM
still works

nazhitsreallyhard
03-01-2012, 09:31 AM
The only way this could possible help is for the hard to the core achievement but that is assuming it works on that mode.

Besides, the game is really easy on normal mode anyway and so only a noob would even ponder trying this method. (Yawn).

I already have all achievements for Dead Space 2 on both the ps3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. zzzzzzZZZZZ

TheLifeAfter
03-23-2012, 03:56 AM
The only way this could possible help is for the hard to the core achievement but that is assuming it works on that mode.

Besides, the game is really easy on normal mode anyway and so only a noob would even ponder trying this method. (Yawn).

I already have all achievements for Dead Space 2 on both the ps3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. zzzzzzZZZZZ

Obviously it doesn't.. which you should know if you have played it so many times..
And I mean forget the Stasis/Rig/Weapon achievements.. no way it could help there... :ass

killer297
03-25-2012, 11:40 PM
I just thought that i would drop by and say that this glitch still works :)

Negative Creep
04-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Worked sporadically for me, took 3-4 goes to work but after that was at least 1 node a time

bleepster
05-08-2012, 01:56 PM
still works as of 5-7-2012
would get 2 nodes and ruby conductor. every now and then i would just get 3k in credits but after going back to zero gravity room and activating the panel then going back to save, it made the nodes and ruby come back.
all i kept in my inventory was my plasma cutter

True Blue
07-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Still workin' on 08/07/2012... yay.

Although, I haven't had to go back to the anti-gravity room for the item to reappear. After reloading the checkpoint, I just run straight back to the room, and the Power Nodes and Ruby Semiconductor (or 3,000 credits) have returned. No need to go through the extra doors to the anti-gravity room.

At least, it works for me... I guess it should work for everyone else?

Lbrun12415
08-30-2012, 06:08 AM
Dose this still work?

Aks90
09-19-2012, 12:32 AM
I prefer enjoying the game by replaying it to upgrade my equipment

Mist
09-29-2012, 09:27 AM

So you came to a glitch thread to tell everyone that. Congrats. No one cares.

X Pwn N Shell
03-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Still works as of March 2nd, 2013 :woop:

RonanN1
03-14-2013, 12:37 PM

said no one ever:ass

Direkin
05-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Shame this won't work on hardcore, though by that playthrough it won't really need to.
Cool story, bro.

Puppys
09-19-2013, 03:32 PM
I took part in this glitch on my hard runthrough, but I really didnt need them with the foam finger :p