PDA

View Full Version : I think its time we start looking for an exploit

Senseless
01-26-2011, 11:20 AM
I know how much we were much many of you were saying that you were going to take on hardcore mode. I thought I could potentially do it. Until I actually got the game. I started playing on Zealot, and even the first level killed me. So I figured Id study where enemies spawn and take note for hardcore so they can't sneak up. And then I realized enemies can spawn in different locations. Then those pack necromorphs (the baby like ones) are just to much to handle for one person. They spawn from every location and sprint at you and do all they can to take you out. And the fact that you never have ammo to take on groups of them, its just frustrating with unlimited saves. Either way this is an achievement seeking website and thats what we are here for. I don't care if people think by using exploits we didnt earn it. I don't care because I find it hard to see that almost anyone will get this achievement unless we do so otherwise.

Possible theory: Im not sure if you can yet, but I was thinking maybe its possible to switch between hardcore in game to easy. Save the game, change the difficulty back to hardcore. Die and reload the save under hardcore. I know it says it disables the achievement when you do so, but maybe this will work.

PePzi NL
01-26-2011, 11:34 AM
If it says it will disable the achievement, it will probably disable the achievement.

ODST Kayne
01-26-2011, 01:36 PM
If it says it will disable the achievement, it will probably disable the achievement.

GASP!! :eek::eek::eek:

Ink129
01-26-2011, 01:42 PM
As I understand it, the necromorphs don't deal out as much damage on hardcore as they do on zealot. Also, they shouldn't be able to take as much punishment as they can on zealot either.

That's how I understand from a few different threads around here (but correct me if I'm wrong), so it shouldn't be as bad as you describe it when you actually start your hardcore walkthrough. Except for the fact that you only have 3 saves and upgrades don't carry over :p;)

Senseless
01-26-2011, 04:32 PM
The first bioshock had a glitch where you beat the game on easy and then switch over to hard during the final cutscene and it unlocked the achievement still. Its only a matter of time until we find a glitch to help with this achievement.

PePzi NL
01-26-2011, 04:45 PM
GASP!! :eek::eek::eek:

http://images.retecool.com/uploads/reet-ya_rly.jpg

Free Beer
01-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Well, from what I hear there are cheats for this game, as with the last game. But they haven't leaked yet. Some people have gotten stasis codes to work just by button mashing in the pause menu. But this thread that I saw last night is probably going to be a big help. It will at least get Isaac diesel enough to better handle the Hardcore mode. I suggest doing a casual playthrough to get your achvs and doing this glitch on Ch 14 and maxing Isaac out. Then Hardcore mode may not be as bad. Good luck.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=290871

^^^ Props to jpric18 for this thread.

Eleo
01-26-2011, 04:56 PM
This might be doable if it's true enemies aren't as strong as they are on Zealot...

Yeah, a big reason as to why I died to much in this game is the way enemies spawn pretty much anywhere and there's no way to really know if there's something walking up behind you unless you turn your back to whatever is in front of you. Seems kind of a waste to stasis an enemy just to do a 180 to see if you're OK. And sometimes there STILL might be something stalking behind you, you just don't see it yet.

I'm hoping someone find a way for me to bogus my way out of beating hardcore legit. I might take a stab at it anyway, though.

Pearson
01-26-2011, 05:12 PM
....I suggest doing a casual playthrough to get your achvs and doing this glitch on Ch 14 and maxing Isaac out. Then Hardcore mode may not be as bad. Good luck....
That is exactly what I'm doing right now, stocking up on power nodes and upgrading all of Isaacs' weapons to carry over to my New Game+ on Zealot. From what I hear, your stuff doesn't carry over to a New Game+ on Hard Core.

Ink129
01-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Well, from what I hear there are cheats for this game, as with the last game. But they haven't leaked yet. Some people have gotten stasis codes to work just by button mashing in the pause menu. But this thread that I saw last night is probably going to be a big help. It will at least get Isaac diesel enough to better handle the Hardcore mode. I suggest doing a casual playthrough to get your achvs and doing this glitch on Ch 14 and maxing Isaac out. Then Hardcore mode may not be as bad. Good luck.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=290871

^^^ Props to jpric18 for this thread.

Except upgrades don't carry over to hardcore mode. On this difficulty you'll need to start over from scratch. Although, by doing as you describe, you'll get a much better understanding of the levels by going through them a couple of times before hardcore. Knowing enemy behavior, enemy placements (although, not all enemies will spawn in exactly the same place everytime) and the placements of big health- and/or ammo caches will help out a lot.

Also, I've got a feeling that cheats will probably lock this achievement, even though, you could go though the first game with cheats on and still get achievements. This is not something I can confirm, though ;)

Extra Saucy
01-26-2011, 05:35 PM
We'll be able to do it legit, just give it some time. I think a lot of people are misunderstanding "Hardcore Mode". It's basically Normal mode difficulty with a the provisions of 3 total saves and less ammo. I'm sure many people, after a play through or too, can run through normal without dying at all. Especially after playing on Zealot. I haven't played yet, but I'm guessing we will stick to one gun and map out when to save. I'm sure some road maps will start coming out showing the best 3 parts to save and give you an ETA for all of them. It really sucks for those who can't plan a 4 hour time period a few times to do this.

It will get done legit by many of us!:uzi:

DeekBoy
01-26-2011, 08:55 PM
why do we have to find an exploit for this achieve? given i have yet to put my DS2 in my xbox but im excited to see a tough achievement. sure its going to be frustrating as fuck but a lot of us will push through. give it a chance first

The Ju1ce
01-27-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm guessing it's not like Dead Rising where adding another save device (ie. memory card) essentially gives you an extra save spot? Still, I'm hopeful for some more exploits. The Ch. 14 glitch and Infinite Checkpoint exploit are a start.

TH3 XB0X G3N1U5
01-27-2011, 07:26 AM
I'm guessing it's not like Dead Rising where adding another save device (ie. memory card) essentially gives you an extra save spot? Still, I'm hopeful for some more exploits. The Ch. 14 glitch and Infinite Checkpoint exploit are a start.

until the devs catch on and decide to patch it...

if they will that is, but im sure they will. these werent intended, so if i were them, i would patch those. lets cross fingers and hope they dont, at least for a little while that is! :P

Bobby v
01-27-2011, 08:38 AM
why do we have to find an exploit for this achieve? given i have yet to put my DS2 in my xbox but im excited to see a tough achievement. sure its going to be frustrating as fuck but a lot of us will push through. give it a chance first

I fully agree. Dead space is awesome and I believe if you are dedicated enough, the Hardcore ach. will be yours. I was blown away when I heard dead space 1 had cheats. I felt proud to have fought my way through impossible mode, only to have learned others got it as well by taking the easy route. Honestly I hope we never find cheats or glitches for Hardcore. If you love this game like I do then you'll earn it.

On a side note, I for one will probably be replacing a controller or 2. I can only imagine the despair of dying after a couple chapters, let alone 5+ without saving. To those who earn Hardcore, :rock and for those who don't :chair

As R0me Burns
01-27-2011, 10:56 AM
I believe the biggest parts that will make Hardcore what it is are these things right here:

1. The 3 save limit, by my two playthroughs I'd say the best times to save will be Chapter 4 or 5 when you get to the Tormentor at the Church. The next one will be about Chapter 10 as that level has a lot of tough spots. And the third should be before the hard ass guy at the beginning of Chapter 14 and then rush to the end.

2. The sparcity of Ammo and Health will be a tough little addition to this war.

3. The random spawns, these are killer if you are not alert 24/7.

4. I have to say, the part that will give people the biggest problem, the ungodly amount of enemies that they throw at you at certain points in the game.

Oh, and lets not forget there are no checkpoints, so if you play for 5 hours and don't save one time, looks like you're starting from the beginning ;}

Downsize
01-27-2011, 12:04 PM
I think it'd be ok if there were cheats. That way if you chose to use them, you can to get through Hardcore. Those who want to do it legit, can simply not use them.

As R0me Burns
01-27-2011, 12:11 PM
:)I think it'd be ok if there were cheats. That way if you chose to use them, you can to get through Hardcore. Those who want to do it legit, can simply not use them.

I agree this would help out a TON. I believe that there might possibly be some, however they need to be found. Who knows, maybe they are implemented into the environment of the game? Make you really look for em.

Fayko
01-27-2011, 03:04 PM
:)

I agree this would help out a TON. I believe that there might possibly be some, however they need to be found. Who knows, maybe they are implemented into the environment of the game? Make you really look for em.

idk how to read the ingame text but

(possible spoiler)

when you go back through the ship from the first game you will come to a blue tinted area and there is a bunch of writing all over the place maybe here?
[/spoiler]

As R0me Burns
01-27-2011, 03:07 PM
idk how to read the ingame text but

(possible spoiler)

when you go back through the ship from the first game you will ome to a blue tinted area and there is a bunch of writing all over the place maybe here?
[/spoiler]

That's a very high possibility. I know how to read the "crazy" language and as soon as I finish up these last 2 chapters on survive I'm going to do a 4th game on Zealot, so when I get to the ship I'll check it out.

Fayko
01-27-2011, 03:09 PM
good luck m8!

Eleo
01-27-2011, 05:09 PM
I just got owned in Hard Core. It was going pretty smoothly until the section in the laundry room where the power goes out. One last necro popped up and I didn't have any ammo; could have gotten some from a body but would have had to reload. I healed up right as it attacked me; I don't think the game registered it properly because I was at basically full health and the tap-x-rapidly sequence killed me. I was pretty bummed.

It does seem that attacks don't do that much damage, which is why I think the game treated me like I still had low health. A single tail-swipe from the crawler guys didn't do that much damage and the first boss fight I took a swipe and only lost about half of my health.

I think this should be doable without cheating, just need patience, caution, and well-placed saves.

As R0me Burns
01-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Agreed Eleo. Another forum poster had mentioned earlier that they thought Hardcore was more of a Normal difficulty just with no checkpoints and only 3 saves.

That's the way it's starting to seem to me, I just started my hardcore playthrough and it's not too rough.

Ethereal235
01-27-2011, 05:25 PM
I didn't think I'd bother beating this game on either hardcore or zealot, but I saw that new game+ carries over to zealot, and if its true that hardcore is basically normal with 3 saves, no checkpoints, and less ammo, I might go for it. I kind of suck at this game, but I'm good at conserving resources and killing enemies with kinesis.

If someone did find an exploit, though, I would probably use it...

KingSigy
01-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Your only exploit so far is that the game makes a permanent checkpoint on the second disc at Chapter 7. So if you can somehow beat the first 6 chapters without saving, you'll get 3 saves for the second disc.

GamerGuides
01-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Your only exploit so far is that the game makes a permanent checkpoint on the second disc at Chapter 7. So if you can somehow beat the first 6 chapters without saving, you'll get 3 saves for the second disc.
Where exactly on Chp7 does the game create a checkpoint for you? (Right after swapping discs I'd imagine).

DeekBoy
01-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Where exactly on Chp7 does the game create a checkpoint for you? (Right after swapping discs I'd imagine).

yes right after you insert the 2nd disc. just make sure to save after that point and not turn off your xbox or else your going to lose everything