PDA

View Full Version : I gotta Kinect idea....

spyder2g
01-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Ok so I was playing some Dead Space last night and of course it had the quick image scary stuff flashing on the screen. So this morning I had an idea - you know how Kinect snaps photos of you during games right? I think it would be awesome if it would do that without you knowing and then stick those pics into a game like Dead Space, flashing randomly on the screen along with the other images. Tell me that wouldn't freak you the hell out!

TAI JASON
01-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Ok so I was playing some Dead Space last night and of course it had the quick image scary stuff flashing on the screen. So this morning I had an idea - you know how Kinect snaps photos of you during games right? I think it would be awesome if it would do that without you knowing and then stick those pics into a game like Dead Space, flashing randomly on the screen along with the other images. Tell me that wouldn't freak you the hell out!

It would be coolger to play Dead Space with Kinect...stomp on the alien body's *argh* :D

But if you know it after the first pic it become lame don't you mean?

D.A.N.
01-27-2011, 09:25 AM
It depends on how it's done. It would be possible for the game to put effects on the image to the point where you wouldn't recognize it with quick flashes. I'd like to see a horror game use Kinect in ways like that, and maybe have you do something like look at a mirror and it would flash your own face in it.

ferrara316
01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
dude, that is a phenomenal idea!

Reaction photos are always great

WhoStoleMyKiwis
01-29-2011, 12:23 AM
But at the same time, we don't want to take a picture of someone on the cusp of a heart attack after something scary happens :eek:. But yeah, it is a pretty cool idea.

ashleary
01-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Reaction photos work well in kinect adventures, no reasons why 'shit scared cam' shouldn't be equally ad good lol

tandy rawfun
01-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Only problem was if you're playing in the dark to add to the effect, Kinect wouldn't be able to find you!

Lemonlimes249
01-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Only problem was if you're playing in the dark to add to the effect, Kinect wouldn't be able to find you!

yeah and im sure alot of people do that :Bounce:

IDiivil
01-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Would love this. I'm easily spooked, so I know there would be some great images!

That's probably as much as I would want Kinect involved in my horror games though, otherwise it feels gimmicky.