View Full Version : OMG 4 saves on Hardcore??? 0_0

Dragonsss
01-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Have save on chapter 6.
Die at chapter 10 before second save.

and then...

The game load on the chapter 7, exactly after put the DVD 2 :eek: :eek: :eek:

¿Some one to confirm plz? >.<

Edit: Confirmed 100% mi save was on the 6 Chapter, when you arrive to Chapter 7 you take a "infinite checkpoint", but if you load your game you will stay at the save point from your save

Fucking EA >.<

Stotan
01-26-2011, 06:00 PM
It's actually 3 saves and you can use them whenever you want. The game keeps track and reminds you how many saves you have left and asks if you really want to save.

Technically you really only have 2 saves for the whole game because you will want to use your 3rd and final save right before the final boss.

Dragonsss
01-26-2011, 06:05 PM
It's actually 3 saves and you can use them whenever you want. The game keeps track and reminds you how many saves you have left and asks if you really want to save.

Technically you really only have 2 saves for the whole game because you will want to use your 3rd and final save right before the final boss.

See my edit note ;)

PePzi NL
01-26-2011, 06:24 PM
So what, you're saying that swapping the discs saves the game without counting it as a save?

Dragonsss
01-26-2011, 06:28 PM
So what, you're saying that swapping the discs saves the game without counting it as a save?

Yes.

The game take this like a "infinite checkpoint" when you take to chapter 7 (change disc) but if you quit the game and restart you will stay at your save no at chapter 7.

xTGMx INF3RNO
01-26-2011, 06:42 PM
so thats not to bad then. once you do half the game ur saved there e.g if u save on cpt 1 and do all the way to 7 then die ull still b at 7.

PePzi NL
01-26-2011, 06:44 PM
That's good news :D That means that you can save at chapter 4 or 5, then the game apperently saves for you at 7, save at 10 or 11 and use your last save right before the boss :)

xTGMx INF3RNO
01-26-2011, 06:45 PM
so we reli have 4 saves. Id do one at chapter 4 then auto save at 7 then anuvva one at chapter 10ish then before the end

PePzi NL
01-26-2011, 06:52 PM
so we reli have 4 saves. Id do one at chapter 4 then auto save at 7 then anuvva one at chapter 10ish then before the end

Kinda like what I said :p But it kinda makes sense to me too, if you die on the second disc (without ever having saved), the game can't send you back to chapter 1 because that data isn't on that disc! I guess the game could just tell you to insert disc 1 again but apperantly the devs forgot to implement that :woop:

Lol this means that getting the 1000G on Xbox is a fair bit easier than getting the platinum trophy on PS3 :cool:

KingSigy
01-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Imagine PS3 users. They won't get this save.

BROWN 74
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Im an achievement whore as much as the next guy but I dont like the sound of this.. I turned hardcore off in fallout cause it was ruining the experience for me.

collin232
01-26-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm confused. Is it that there are four save slots or that you can only save the game 4 times?

Im an achievement whore as much as the next guy but I dont like the sound of this.. I turned hardcore off in fallout cause it was ruining the experience for me.

I beat NV with hardcore and I can do this too:woop:

Zombiehugger
01-26-2011, 07:24 PM
You can only save the game three times, but they found out that the game gives you a permanent checkpoint at chapter 7, when you change discs.

soliunasm
01-26-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm confused. Is it that there are four save slots or that you can only save the game 4 times?

But...Hardcore on New Vegas wasn't hard at all. It just meant you had to keep food and water on you at all times, and occasionally sleep, and taking anyone other than Boone was complete stupidity. Hardcore on Dead Space 2 is much MUCH harder than New Vegas,

xTGMx INF3RNO
01-26-2011, 07:43 PM
xbox ftw then :) im gunna try use 1 save on disc one then the other 2 on the second

v SnOwMaN v
01-26-2011, 08:03 PM
So do you yall mean we can only save four times period or can only use 4 save slots, because I already saved twice. I only used one slot though which is the first one.

Also how does this make getting the achievements easier.

Does this mean we can just pop disc two in and start at chapter 7 or something.

Extra Saucy
01-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Just to clarify, it only creates a "checkpoint" correct? I can't just make it to Disc 2 and then turn it off, correct?

So...Just throwing this out there.
-Save at CH4/5 and then stop
-Then you need to make it to CH7, AND then try to get as far as possible after this point for your second save. (Not sure where a feasible spot would be?). I'm guessing this would be the longest stretch of straight playing. Somewhere after CH10?
-Last save before final boss.

Anyone been up for 24 hours get this yet? :)

Dragonsss
01-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Confirmed 100%

Save at 4 chapter
Die at 8 chapter
Game load at 7 chapter

OH YEAH !!!!

Bunglist
01-26-2011, 09:49 PM

Lol... make no comparison between these modes on these games.

soliunasm
01-26-2011, 11:56 PM
So do you yall mean we can only save four times period or can only use 4 save slots, because I already saved twice. I only used one slot though which is the first one.
He means that you get a free "Checkpoint" until you turn the game off after you reach the "Please Swap Disks" on Chapter 7. You still have a 3-save limit for Hardcore.

Also how does this make getting the achievements easier.
It means that you don't need to worry about saving anywhere after the Disc change, so you won't lose hours or work.

Does this mean we can just pop disc two in and start at chapter 7 or something.
No, it means that if you die at any point after chapter 7, it will bring you back to chapter 7's beginning, from where the "Change Disk" occurred.

xTGMx INF3RNO
01-27-2011, 12:13 AM
just to confirm if i save at chapter 4 play till chapter 7 DONT save and turn off xbox wen i start up will i be at chapter 7 or my save at chpt 4. i think it will be chpt 4 just want to confirm

soliunasm
01-27-2011, 12:15 AM
just to confirm if i save at chapter 4 play till chapter 7 DONT save and turn off xbox wen i start up will i be at chapter 7 or my save at chpt 4. i think it will be chpt 4 just want to confirm
From what these guys are saying, I'm going to assume that the checkpoint gets deleted once you turn your XBox off.

xTGMx INF3RNO
01-27-2011, 12:16 AM
I thought so. well this mode is goin to b a bitch!

ChaosTheoryV2X
01-27-2011, 01:19 AM
To me the best parts to save are at the most difficult parts to get past. Does anyone have any good recommendations ? To me so far the trickiest part to live thru was when your at the school in ch6 but it seems like a waste to do it there since we can make use of the ch7 checkpoint

MASS DOMINATION
01-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Imagine PS3 users. They won't get this save.

who ever said 1 disc is better than 2? HA!:biglaugh
I find that so hilarious.All the PS3 fanboys making fun of the 360's need for 2 discs. Who's laughing now?

HorsemanOfWar16
01-27-2011, 01:21 AM
Cant wait to play this - getting friday !!! - good to hear about this - cant believe tsi game is in 2 discs though ?! - suppose this game is long and full of the highest detail! - Wonder how long before Visceral mend this ? - If they can?

JuSt BLaZe
01-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Dayum these are some really sexy news, haha. Yeah fuck the PS3. Xbox360 FTW! Checkpoint here I come. ^^

ThingontheFloor
01-27-2011, 03:16 AM
I don't know what everyone is complaining about. Hard core was fine in Dead Space 2 and I didn't use any of my saves. Though I was playing the PC version so my controls and aiming were more precise. I also didn't have 2 disks or any for that matter to get a free checkpoint (steam digital download). No cheats or mods out for this game yet either. *sniff* I am so proud of myself. I forgot though achievements mean everything on here. Its ok I'll make myself a little sticker that can take with me everywhere I go so people know I did this. "Who beat Dead Space 2 on Hardcore? This guy!"

Talking down on achievements on an achievement-focused website; why? Congrats on doing it on PC, but did you really just come to this particular thread to say "this is E Z" when it's clearly a challenge for the majority of people?

xTGMx INF3RNO
01-27-2011, 04:08 AM
proof plz? would be nice. and yes instead of ea n vis giving xbox a big fuk you for having 2 discs. but its a big fuck you to ps3 :D

Platinum Mike
01-27-2011, 06:58 AM
proof plz? would be nice. and yes instead of ea n vis giving xbox a big fuk you for having 2 discs. but its a big fuck you to ps3 :D

Why is having the game spread over two discs a "big fuk you"?, exactly? it's obviously required. You do realise how comparatively small the storage space is on a HD-DVD, right? From what other forum members have posted here, both discs install at a little over 6gb each. That's a lot of content.

Hate to sound like I'm nit picking, it just seems like a lot of people here are slightly butt hurt that they've got to leave their seats after several hours.

As R0me Burns
01-27-2011, 12:09 PM
To me the best parts to save are at the most difficult parts to get past. Does anyone have any good recommendations ? To me so far the trickiest part to live thru was when your at the school in ch6 but it seems like a waste to do it there since we can make use of the ch7 checkpoint

If you are feeling pretty ballsy you can get to Chapter 7 without any major problems. That would also allow you one extra save since you will only have a checkpoint to fall back on.

Also if you get all the other chevos before this you can focus on just running straight through this as fast as possible, and I would highly recommend upgrading your RIG and the Force gun ASAP. The force gun will help you a great deal with big groups and especially the little guys.

If you have and can make it to Chapter 7 without saving, I'd say save it at Chapter 9 or 10.

Your second should then be at around Chapter 12-13 before you encounter the Hunter. Then your final save should be before the final fight.

Hope this helps some people. Feel free to criticize.

Downsize
01-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Or just to say thats its possible guys. I believe you can all do it and I'm there for each and every one of you. Do me a favor, do it on the 360 and then lets talk.

blee717
01-27-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm on Chapter 7 right now and had to leave my 360 on so I wouldn't waste a save.

As R0me Burns
01-27-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm on Chapter 7 right now and had to leave my 360 on so I wouldn't waste a save.

Hope you don't have a power outage or anything man.

Extra Saucy
01-27-2011, 03:12 PM
I like the idea that one suggested of making it to CH9 or so before using that first save. Does anyone have a ball park estimate on how long that takes? Considering you've done your other playthroughs already?

I don't want to make it to just CH7 and get tired, I want to get a couple more chapters past CH7 to make that checkpoint worthwhile!

As R0me Burns
01-27-2011, 03:15 PM
I like the idea that one suggested of making it to CH9 or so before using that first save. Does anyone have a ball park estimate on how long that takes? Considering you've done your other playthroughs already?

I don't want to make it to just CH7 and get tired, I want to get a couple more chapters past CH7 to make that checkpoint worthwhile!

Well on my first two playthroughs I did Casual and Normal respectively and those each took me around 3 hours to get to the second disk. On survivalist it took me around 4-5 hours. So I can imagine on Hardcore possibly 6 hours? It really depends on your skill level and how well you know the levels.

Aesir Renegade
01-27-2011, 03:29 PM
To The Original Poster: :Angel I LOVE YOU!!! :Angel

This will create a good temporary save to exploit... that is if you turn off your lights and phone, and enough food for a marathon weekend of Dead Space :)

Eleo
01-27-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm actually playing this on PS3 so I guess I'm SOL. I bounce back and forth between this site and PS3Trophies because the achievements/trophies are 99.9% the same; might as well make the most of both sets of info.

Beat the game for the third time yesterday, I have all but three achievements right now; two related to decompressing windows and the last being Brutal difficulty.

Dragonsss
01-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Chapter 15 on Hardcore ATM !!!

Give me your strong !!!!

:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:

KingSigy
01-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Why is having the game spread over two discs a "big fuk you"?, exactly? it's obviously required. You do realise how comparatively small the storage space is on a HD-DVD, right?

HD-DVD doesn't exist anymore. 360 runs on normal, dual layer DVDs which are 9 gb. PS3 uses Single-layer Blu-Rays which are 25 gb. If 360 did use HD-DVD, the game would be one disc as a dual layer HD-DVD is 30 gb.

blee717
01-27-2011, 07:11 PM
HD-DVD doesn't exist anymore. 360 runs on normal, dual layer DVDs which are 9 gb. PS3 uses Single-layer Blu-Rays which are 25 gb. If 360 did use HD-DVD, the game would be one disc as a dual layer HD-DVD is 30 gb.

With the exception of Metal Gear Solid 4 being the first and probably only game to utilize the dual layered 50gb Blu-Ray disc. Apparently they had trouble fitting all their content on it even with file compressions.

amir90
01-27-2011, 11:38 PM
With the exception of Metal Gear Solid 4 being the first and probably only game to utilize the dual layered 50gb Blu-Ray disc. Apparently they had trouble fitting all their content on it even with file compressions.

Gears of war 3 is around 36gb

Bobo
01-28-2011, 10:06 AM
I don't know what everyone is complaining about. Hard core was fine in Dead Space 2 and I didn't use any of my saves. Though I was playing the PC version so my controls and aiming were more precise. I also didn't have 2 disks or any for that matter to get a free checkpoint (steam digital download). No cheats or mods out for this game yet either. *sniff* I am so proud of myself. I forgot though achievements mean everything on here. Its ok I'll make myself a little sticker that can take with me everywhere I go so people know I did this. "Who beat Dead Space 2 on Hardcore? This guy!"

I think it's convenient that u have almost 60,000 gs so are obviously "into" getting achievements at least a little bit, but on the game that you're here bragging about we have no method of confirming that u beat it on hardcore, let alone without saving even once...

congratulations, though... u unlocked an achievement from me

HYPOCRITE 10g
Come to a website and make a useless post in order to brag about something you achieved, and then ridicule people for wanting to achieve the same thing.

v SnOwMaN v
01-28-2011, 02:04 PM
He means that you get a free "Checkpoint" until you turn the game off after you reach the "Please Swap Disks" on Chapter 7. You still have a 3-save limit for Hardcore.

It means that you don't need to worry about saving anywhere after the Disc change, so you won't lose hours or work.

No, it means that if you die at any point after chapter 7, it will bring you back to chapter 7's beginning, from where the "Change Disk" occurred.

Thanks for explaining.