Why Aren't my Guides or Achievement Details Posted?

lucky13

I'm just wondering about this. About a week or two ago I submitted an achievement guide for Aegis Wing via the thread option (yes I did it in the right place). I waited and I never received a message and my guide was never posted. I understand it may have not been good enough (although I gave a clear description for each achievement), but I should have received a message. I also submitted an achievement list for a certain game that had not yet been submitted yet. I did this a day or two ago, and it has not been posted/placed on the site. Why has this happened, someone please explain this to me.

Those items require the site to be edited, which I believe only Routine does. Even though you cannot see what is in the Submit forum, I assure you there are always dozens of items in there. New achievements get worked pretty quickly because we want to try and be the first with them up and have complete lists for everyone to see. But the guides take longer to go through and have lower priority.

Rest assured, I checked and your stuff is in there. Remember though, you might not have been first. I only skimmed the list and I saw other Aegis Wing posts.

Edit: I just checked and there are FOUR guides submitted for Aegis Wing. Sometimes we take the best, sometimes they get combined. Fear not though, it will get done and credit will go to the right people!

There's been an Aegis Wing guide on the forums for a long time, so that will probably be posted, not yours. Guides don't go up very often, so be patient and see which they choose. They'll try to choose the best one.

Also keep in mind achievement details are only accepted when linked to xbox.com profiles. If you simply submit it in words, they won't post it because there's no proof it's legit.

I hope this doesn't keep my stuff from getting posted. I submitted an assload of stuff last night and it's the same stuff that's posted on the site. Kaens, would you mind checking that for me? I e-mailed the stuff because the images aren't easily put into posts or messages.

Off topic, I just checked and saw that you, Covert, and Psyanyde are all in the world's top 100 on mygamercard.net. Good stuff.

I said 'stuff' 5 times, WOO-HOO.

alright, thanks guys. I didn't know everything about the site, but know I definetly know this is a good community because so many people replied to my thread, thanks guys. When you say achievement details must be linked to an xbox.com profile, does that mean I must have my gamercard connected to my membership on this site, because I already do. If you guys don't mind, thanks guys.:)

When you say achievement details must be linked to an xbox.com profile, does that mean I must have my gamercard connected to my membership on this site, because I already do.

No, it's separate from that. Say you found someone who had played a new game and the site had not posted the achievements yet. You'd need to copy/paste the URL to his xbox.com profile so the mods have genuine proof that the achievements are real. You can't just type in "Beat Level 1 - 10G" because they have no proof that the achievement is correct. They need to see the picture, name, description and score right on an xbox.com profile so they don't post fake info. :)