PDA

View Full Version : Scariest moment for you?

Refined Suicide
01-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Disclaimer: this thread will contain possible spoilers. Look at your own risk.

Well I was playing through this casually thinkin, "Oh there's probably gonna be one that jumps out here" even if there wasnt one. I was mentally preparing myself for a scare. Yet, it was something super simple that made me jump the most. This took place in the beginning CHAPTER 7 I will put it in spoilers, and I suggest that you guys do the same.

Well, In Chapter 7, right after you kill the first Tormentor in space, you casually stroll through some dark apartment-type areas. Well, I went into one of them and on my way out... to my surprise... The alarm clock went off! It scared me shitless! It was so simple, yet so... UNEXPECTED! I have yet to be more jumpy

PLEASE MENTION WHICH CHAPTER IT IS IN, AND APPROXIMATELY HOW FAR IN. MAKE IT NOTICABLE. Please and Thanks.

Check the FAQ to find out how to use spoilers.

Melody x360a
01-27-2011, 03:16 AM
Ch 10. Pretty much the whole chapter... You'll see lol. Brings back memories.

EliteShadowMan
01-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Walking along a long dark path on either Chapter 10 or 11, and a Brute pops out of nowhere from behind a crate. Scared the shit out of me cause i was looking around with my flashlight when he popped out

TBS
01-27-2011, 03:30 AM
Seconded. Not as much scary as incredibly creepy. As soon as Isaac pointed it out I was thought "Oh god no, they aren't gonna..." and then they did.

Jumnious
01-27-2011, 03:42 AM
Chapter 10 was full of epic win.

When I heard him mentioning going on it I was on the edge of my nerves the entire time. From walking into the entrance / foyer area where my previous crew mates were attacked from Dead Space onwards I was freakin...

I will admit I did laugh at the whole Medical Bay dialogue before arriving, my sentiments were truly reflected by Isaac's 'Crap.'

Ethereal235
01-27-2011, 04:13 AM
For me, it wasn't something jumping out at me, it was like this monologue that his dead girlfriend's voice was saying.

"You never did find my body, Isaac. Never said goodbye. Never told me you loved me one last time. Maybe I didn't really die. Maybe they made me one of them. Maybe I roamed the halls searching for more victims..."

That's probably not exactly right, but that definitely freaked me out more than any of that jump-out-at-you-from-nowhere crap, because I tend to stay on edge while playing this game.

EDIT: Also, exploding zombie babies. Amazing that they named the achievement for shooting them in the head (thus not exploding them) 'The Nanny'.

Free Beer
01-27-2011, 06:13 AM

Well I was playing through this casually thinkin, "Oh there's probably gonna be one that jumps out here" even if there wasnt one. I was mentally preparing myself for a scare. Yet, it was something super simple that made me jump the most. This took place in the beginning CHAPTER 7 I will put it in spoilers, and I suggest that you guys do the same.

Well, In Chapter 7, right after you kill the first Tormentor in space, you casually stroll through some dark apartment-type areas. Well, I went into one of them and on my way out... to my surprise... The alarm clock went off! It scared me shitless! It was so simple, yet so... UNEXPECTED! I have yet to be more jumpy

PLEASE MENTION WHICH CHAPTER IT IS IN, AND APPROXIMATELY HOW FAR IN. MAKE IT NOTICABLE. Please and Thanks.

Dude that scared the crap outta me too hahahahaha. Another really non-threatening thing that scared the crap outta me was

SPOILER ALERT
When you're on the stage with the cardboard cutouts of all the trees and bushes and that fucking cardboard sun drops down in front of you, lol. I jumped so bad hahaha:eek:

Free Beer
01-27-2011, 06:15 AM

The first attack in ch 10 scared me the most out of anything in the game so far. They waited so long to make anything happen and then BAM!

Free Beer
01-27-2011, 06:15 AM
Walking along a long dark path on either Chapter 10 or 11, and a Brute pops out of nowhere from behind a crate. Scared the shit out of me cause i was looking around with my flashlight when he popped out
Haha yup, THATS the part.

XSheetsyX
01-27-2011, 06:19 AM
The part that scared the crap outta me was the part in chapter 11 or 12 when.....

****SPOILER ALERT****

After going through a door, crazy ass Nicole just slams you into a wall and you have to tap A. Man that scared the shit out of me! Soooo unexpected ;)

balance13
01-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Honestly the end of the game gave me shivers. I was expecting the original Dead Space ending. Must have just been a sense of Deja Vu.

JuSt BLaZe
01-27-2011, 09:50 AM
First off, nice thread Refined Suicide.

My scariest moments were:

Same shit that happened to you. After the ring I smacked the crap out of the alarm-clock, haha.

Chapter I: Right after the elevator in the dark room, only strapped with the flashlight. You come to a room where all of a sudden the tv on the wall goes on & off with a loud static sound. DAAAAAAAAAMN I shit myself, haha.

Chapter I: After getting the Plasma-Cutter you will come to a section where gas coming down from the roof & you get attacked by two necromorphs.

xlxAvaricexlx
01-27-2011, 09:56 AM
dude that friggin tv got me bad too lol

As R0me Burns
01-27-2011, 11:22 AM
There were a couple that stood out to me:

[spoiler]

1. Chapter 14 to the end you are being chased non stop by that damn Hunter(regen), I was running from him and got to a save point and was like "Oh great, I thought I was gonna die" and sure enough after I said that I turned to go down the stairs and that little F'er was waiting for me lol.

2. There is a part when you are going through all the apartments and what not and you come to an area where there are these washing machines up against the wall and one of them is running and you can hear something falling around inside and a child crying and then the lights went out and I turned to fight a damn stalker in my face!

3. Same area as 2, I went to smash a box in front of a door, when I was in mid-stomp a Necro comes crashing out of the door in front of me and tackling me XD.

There were a good amount of times but those are the most memorable right now.

Schism
01-27-2011, 11:45 AM
im sorry if i dont remember the chapter but...

the part in the elevator :X when nicole shows up and is singing. scared the shit out of me. and the part in that chapter where an alarm clock goes off all random. idk why it scared me alot :O

As R0me Burns
01-27-2011, 11:52 AM
im sorry if i dont remember the chapter but...

the part in the elevator :X when nicole shows up and is singing. scared the shit out of me. and the part in that chapter where an alarm clock goes off all random. idk why it scared me alot :O

Lol I agree, there is something about here singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star that gives me the creeps.

blee717
01-27-2011, 01:29 PM
That damn tv and the fire extinguisher at the beginning. That scared the crap out of me 3 times already.

Threesix
01-27-2011, 01:40 PM
That damn tv and the fire extinguisher at the beginning. That scared the crap out of me 3 times already.

The TV in the beginning was what got me to jump. That dark room it was in made it all the more unnerving.

MASS DOMINATION
01-27-2011, 02:06 PM
for me the scariest parts are when an enemy gets the jump on you from behind. the zero-G gravity parts are the worst for that because they are usually big open spaces with lots of room for enemies to sneak up behind you. And since there is hardly any sound you can't hear enemies coming after you.

Schism
01-27-2011, 02:21 PM
for me the scariest parts are when an enemy gets the jump on you from behind. the zero-G gravity parts are the worst for that because they are usually big open spaces with lots of room for enemies to sneak up behind you. And since there is hardly any sound you can't hear enemies coming after you.

hell yeah. the worst is when you THINK they are near you. and THINK they are in the room. but its silent. spooky :O

Quid Squid
01-27-2011, 04:34 PM
I felt the scariest part was the beginning of Chapter 10, just walking through completely empty parts of the ship not knowing if there would be anything or not. I was expecting something just wasn't sure when.

snobbigB
01-27-2011, 06:09 PM
The scariest part for me was the part in the apartments (early in the game) when the alarm clock goes off. I nearly fell off my chair. The funny part of it is I actually have an alarm clock that sounds just like it and it scares me awake every morning lol

Ethereal235
01-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Did anyone else get freaked out at the very beginning of the game? That freaked me out the most, I just kind of forgot about it later. There's no buildup or anything, you just wake up into the game world and are immediately surrounded by necromorphs, with almost no health, and in a straight jacket, unable to fight back or do anything but run like hell. If you make a wrong turn, they can still kill the fuck out of you, too.

At least later on, you could respond to threats. Even when you're cut out and just have a flashlight, you can at least melee stuff, but it's a while before they even give you a real weapon (besides the kinesis module).

ODST Kayne
01-27-2011, 07:08 PM
That alarm clock freaked me out OP. All it takes is the right mood and that stuff can scare the shit out of you.

For me, it was my entire time on the Ishimura. At first I thought "Hey, this won't be so bad. I remember all this stuff." It was bad. The first 10 minutes had minimal combat but i was still jumpy as all hell. That whole chapter really messed me up.

Jerric
01-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Probably because it's a phobia of mine but...

~~Spoiler~~

Basically all the video clips leading to, and including the events that unlock the achievement "Cross your heart...". it doesnt matter that you know whats comming, it almost hurt me to watch, but i had to watch...

Also that fucking alarm clock i swear to god, no matter how many new game +... its like i forgot it was there till the brick has been shat, then i wonder why i once again let them get me... lol

Skrassh
01-27-2011, 09:36 PM
The Alarm clock in chapter 7 was one of the worst parts for me, the moment i started chapter 10 i just started thinking "oh god oh god oh god oh god..." xD

asdf123
01-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Scariest part for me was the beginning of the game before i got used to it if you will, its still scary but not total panic like the beginning.

Done a great job with sound and the atmosphere, enjoying every minute of this.

XxxSyLiZaRxxX
01-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Many things, but the Stalkers got me the most. Especially on Zealot.

Bloodrune
01-28-2011, 02:10 AM
I'm on chapter 5. So far I only jumped once when a steam pipe unexpectedly blew. I don't really get scared when enemies jump out of nowhere. Just sort of frustrated bc it's cheap.

Pearson
01-28-2011, 02:30 AM

Check the FAQ to find out how to use spoilers. That too got me as well. I went in there not really expecting anything, then bam! that damn thing goes off! :biglaugh

Grifftuitous
01-28-2011, 04:57 AM
Damn that Alarm clock lol. I had a mini heart attack after that moment.
Also gotta say when Issac had his flash backs on the Issimura, those got me pretty good.
The baby in the dryer cracked me up.
But probably my favorite was trying to run through the final chaper to get to the marker, having used almost all my ammo, only had the force gun, and had no health packs left. Longest 10 minutes of the game hands down lol.

Opiate42
01-28-2011, 07:01 AM

Hell yah. I got shivers.

mrevildoer
01-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Lol I swear this game is gonna give me an anxiety attack:eek:

Refined Suicide
01-29-2011, 05:16 PM
So many times I'm just like, "Fuck, this is getting too intense. I need to put this controller down, and take a break." XD

axeuup
01-29-2011, 05:55 PM
i will add another vote for the alarm clock. it was so loud and really made me jump.

Yaymez
01-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Two words: Eyeball.Needle.

Angrym0nkey
01-29-2011, 07:02 PM
I would say the school area in CH.6, the little children and the babies freaked me out especially when I got to the stage and that sun dropped down on me and CH. 11 on the long elevator ride fighting enemies, when I finally got to the top breathing a sigh of relief wasn't expecting being attacked by Nichole by opening a door, this part got me real good :)

devildante1520
01-29-2011, 08:50 PM
It would have to be when the sun drops on you in CH 6. Like really the scariest part is from something so joyful looking. Other than that the part where you stick the needle in your eye just makes me cringe. The first time I failed and I just SCREAMED OMFG!!!!!

madcap1
01-30-2011, 12:27 AM
The TV in the beginning was what got me to jump. That dark room it was in made it all the more unnerving.

Same here, when that tv came on it was so loud because I had my speakers turned up so much I hit the roof, even my dog jumped and ran into the other room lol.

scrummers
01-30-2011, 01:30 AM
I don't know about any of you guys but the stalkers scary the shit out of me especially when they charge you and i try to use stasis and realize i have already use it up and smash. Mt first time fighting the stalkers was the most intense moment in a video game i have played. God i hate the stalkers.

Refined Suicide
01-30-2011, 01:43 AM
I'd have to say that imo, the stalkers were a joke. "Hey guys, I'm just peeking my head out for a look. What's that? We were playing Hide-n-Seek? Damn... I lost" *CHARGE*

Funny thing, is that I WAS in fact seeking. With my Seeker Rifle ;) like a f-ing boss.

Miles Prower CC
01-30-2011, 02:21 AM
I don't think any particular part really scared me but I did have a moment of dread at the end of the game when The Hunter reappeared all pumped up with steroids.

I took a few steps back and said: "You... you're dead... you can't be here!"

ShadowPlay 14
01-30-2011, 04:16 AM
The alarm clock, the TV at the beginning, all of chapter 10 (walked through thinking 'I'm about to be raped from behind at any second') and for some reason when your in the nursery and the women hugs the crawler, that really freaked the holy sh*t outta me

Refined Suicide
01-30-2011, 05:42 AM
The crawler in the nursery didn't phase me to be honest. I was just like... "Lol, exploding babies. Lock and Load."

alex1407
01-30-2011, 06:10 AM
Unfortunately no scary moment for me :(.Not a horror survival game,just a survival.

Auburok
01-30-2011, 09:42 AM
The cheap shock-scares didn't get me. I was sort of always on guard, which I guess sort of ruined those for me. However I had plenty of "what the fuck" moments.

The intro/the close up necromorph transformation. Not "scary" I'm going to jump, but, "HOLY SHIT I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE".

The Tormenter fight. That was fucking brilliant. I was almost too busy staring at how cool and cinematic it was to fight back.

YouTube - Dead Space 2 - The Tormentor [HD]

The inquisitive nature of Stalkers. The first time they poked their heads from behind a crate (not from the corner like in most cases, but when you're stuck in a crate maze and they look over from behind the middle of them) threw me off guard. Normal necromorphs thus far have shown NO signs of intelligence or planning. They sort of just charge at you. These ones peek at you; study you, almost. Playing safe negates it from being scary, but I always had the sinking suspicion that one could be looking from behind a crate while my back was turned. Again- not scary in the context of the game so much as I imagined it actually occurring.

Strangely enough, I got creeped out when Stross was fighting Ellie on her Riglink as he slowly drove the screwdriver to her eye. That was worse than all the jump shocks. Especially when he attacked you with the screwdriver with the eye stuck on it.

The eye needle, obviously.

Issac's death when Nicole hugs him in the final battle.

Sniper Riflez
01-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Chapter 1 where you walking through the dark area and the TV turns itself on.
Chapter 1 when the steam vents activate for no reason.
Chapter 5(?) where there's loads of pods on the wall and one randomly jumps out.

leavingsoda
01-30-2011, 03:31 PM
After you take the AI offline in the solar energy array. Going into the next door a body falls on Isaac, I jumped, and Isaac flinches and tosses the body yelling "Fuck". My thoughts exactly Isaac

IanAHD
01-30-2011, 09:42 PM
the damn alarm clock

Chupacabra77
01-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Listening to the janitor's audio files in Chapter 10 freaked me out bad. All that anticipation, hearing shit crawling in the walls around you...

DaredFenomeno
01-31-2011, 12:02 AM
Definitely the alarm clock....but this game is scary in general though so I won`t say every time it scared me....also whenever theres a goddam regular necromorph in front of me ( dont know the name though...the regular one with the blades instead of hands) theres always one behind whenver im backing off to shoot it....

FSparacino4
01-31-2011, 12:50 AM
Definately that damn alarm clock. My alarm clock was right next to me and has the exact same alarm sound!

Cataclysm49
01-31-2011, 01:47 AM
The scariest part for me was in Chapter 13 or 14 when you use the machine to put the needle in your eye. I wasn't really paying attention to where the needle was and I failed... killing myself... if you haven't seen the cutscene I highly recommend you see it. It was a tad bit unexpected and I practically jumped out of my seat.

2nd place for me was when I accidentally bumped into an alarm clock in the housing near the church. The alarm when off to my great surprise.

I also loved the beginning sequence where you run along in the straight coat. Epic.

braddelo
01-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Luckies. I dont startle. It sucks. Only game that ever freaked me out was RE1 14 years ago.

Burning Revolver
01-31-2011, 10:47 AM
I did not find it that scary, but there were "Oh shit!" and creepy moments.

My "Oh Shit!" moments -

Running through the corridors in a straight jacket with Necromorphs jumping out everywhere.

Opening an elevator and finding out there's a frickin spitter standing in it.

Running from the Tormentor before it and Isaac got sucked out toward the gunship.

The alarm clock going off in one of the apartments.

Creepy moments -

Nicole standing there in the elevator, singing with light coming out her eyes and mouth.

Walking through the areas of the Ishimura that have the ultra violet lighting and see all the blood stains glowing on the walls.

The first Stalker encounter. I knew something was in there, I just didn't know what the hell it was.

Those are my stand out moments of the game.

Flibbity Floid
01-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Forgot exactly which chapter, I think it's 2 or 3 but you walk into a room and clearly see a set of balloons ahead of you. I saw them, but kept my guard up and did a quick peripheral of the room. I did not see that balloon float to the ceiling. Needless to say, I wasted a couple random plasma cutter rounds on that damn thing.

The game is much more disturbing than scarier than the original. The constant no-load flow and pacing make it much more creepier. I have a thing with needles. "Step 3" really had me on edge b/c it was like the Devs read my mind on exactly what i didn't want to see. AND they made me participate in it.

*cringes*

Lukhuta
02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
One silly thing happened to me; I paused the game in chapter... Uh... 13 or something? Fooled around on facebook, being happy for a while, coming back on my xbox singing, unpaused, opened the door in front of me aaaand... Nicole's ghost grabbed me and threw me against a wall, hand on my throat.

Gosh I jumped like hell...

GSDragon
02-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Right in the first chapter when your working your way through the dark room right after you get the flashlight, then BAM the TV blares static and scares the crap out of me.

EliteShadowMan
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Forgot exactly which chapter, I think it's 2 or 3 but you walk into a room and clearly see a set of balloons ahead of you. I saw them, but kept my guard up and did a quick peripheral of the room. I did not see that balloon float to the ceiling. Needless to say, I wasted a couple random plasma cutter rounds on that damn thing.

The game is much more disturbing than scarier than the original. The constant no-load flow and pacing make it much more creepier. I have a thing with needles. "Step 3" really had me on edge b/c it was like the Devs read my mind on exactly what i didn't want to see. AND they made me participate in it.

*cringes*

the balloons are still chapter 1 i'm pretty sure.

clusterbomber
02-01-2011, 10:15 PM
putting the disc in and hoping it works :)

Blueprotoss
02-01-2011, 10:44 PM
I don't think any particular part really scared me but I did have a moment of dread at the end of the game when The Hunter reappeared all pumped up with steroids.

I took a few steps back and said: "You... you're dead... you can't be here!"
I felt the same because its Invincible and it was a pain in the ass during the original Dead Space.

Two words: Eyeball.Needle. Seeing that the 1st time was a little disturbing while I didn't screw up.

HorsemanOfWar16
02-02-2011, 01:06 AM

That fucker got me too lol -
I was on edge around every corner of the game when it went silent and you had to creep towards the next objective and an alarm clock was the one that made me shit myself the most lol - I think maybe the care tactic didnt work as well, when you kinda experienced it in Dead Space 1 - like gowing over some bodys and 1 pops up at you.lol - I almost always knew exactly where each of the ones lying down were - so i picked up a pike and impaled the fucker on the floor lol

macgyver893
02-02-2011, 01:56 AM
1. The alarm clock
2. The first encounter with the Stalkers
3. The Regenerator who would follow you

Paladin Malac
02-02-2011, 07:55 AM
1. Santa Clause
2. The Easter Bunny
3. The beginning where Nicole is on the desk, moving closer with the marker
4. The part where you are hacking a control panel and Straus jumps through the door and trys to shove a screwdriver in your eye
5. ISHIMURA - HOLY SHIT

Refined Suicide
02-02-2011, 06:14 PM
I felt the same because its Invincible and it was a pain in the ass during the original Dead Space.

Seeing that the 1st time was a little disturbing while I didn't screw up.

Well, there's a trick to this guy:

YouTube - Dead Space 2 Killing the Regenerator

fear30x
02-02-2011, 06:48 PM
(Scary Moments) Purchasing Another EA Titled game

Ps i rented it

xxplicitt
02-02-2011, 06:50 PM
I definitely jumped with that damn unexpected alarm clock but the scariest I could remember was walking down the long area in the Ishimura as I was speaking to two of my friends in party chat and out of no where the brute bursted from behind boxes. I literally yelled "HOLY SHIT!". Then the laughing commenced haha.

TheRevClamp
02-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I have a few places where I got a little jumpy in the game, even on my second playthrough:

1) The first chapter where that TV turns on unexpectedly as you walk by...dang thing almost made me soil myself!

2) The alarm clock in chapter 7 right after killing the giant necromorph...I swear, I was just looking for random logs and ammo when all of a sudden the alarm started screaming at me.

3) On my first playthrough when I was going to the bridge of the Ishimura and I got to the hole in the glass from where the brute went through the glass in the first game and they were showing a flashback of it...freaked me out a little bit.

4) On the Ishimura in chapter 10 (again) when you're going through that long corridor towards engineering and nothing has happened up until that point and then suddenly a brute pops out from behind the crates.

5) This one is not so much scary, but funny, but at the end when you're watching the end cutscene of Isaac on the ship and he hears some breathing next to him and looks over, and Ellie says "what?" I almost died laughing because the lead in to that was great. You just see his eyes light up like "oh, cr*p, something has to be beside me...maybe Ellie turned into a necromorph, greeeeeeeeeat."

There were surely others, but those were the ones I remembered.

EliteShadowMan
02-02-2011, 08:22 PM
ok so how loud are half the peoples tvs? seriously that alarm clock? you gotta be joking me. Also the stalkers? those are the dumbest enemies in the game. They're like mini t-rexes.

redassassin12
02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
alright this is a bit pathetic but one of the scariest moments, i forget which chapter, but i was walking along and there was a chair in my way so i punted the damn thing cross the room and i didnt know there was that breakable glass shit in there so it broke it and all of a sudden an alien went wizzing by my head and into space yelling the whole time and i was so dumbfounded i forgot to shoot the emergency lock and my arms were chopped off by the door :( lol

macgyver893
02-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Well, there's a trick to this guy:

YouTube - Dead Space 2 Killing the Regenerator (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSFUuvJOhsw)
Ahh, too bad that's at like the very end of when he's stalking you. I wish there was a way to lose him earlier than that!

Refined Suicide
02-02-2011, 11:03 PM
ok so how loud are half the peoples tvs? seriously that alarm clock? you gotta be joking me. Also the stalkers? those are the dumbest enemies in the game. They're like mini t-rexes.
No need to show aggression bud. I happen to play my game at a movie-viewing volume, which happens to be fairly loud, for that cinematic experience. In that same movement, I am operating on Dolby 5.1 Digital Surround Sound, which enhances it a bit more. I agree about the Stalkers, not really scary, just... annoying really.

sepulturas666
02-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Chapter 10, when Isaac going to ISHIMURA. Man, i love the atmosphere. My favourite chapter. :eek:

Tbh the regenerator chase was nowhere nearly as crazy as these on first game imo.

The Bum-Mobile
02-03-2011, 01:01 AM
I just got up to Chapter 8 today, but so far my scariest moment was in *SPOILER* the nursery. When the friggin' sun came down to check up on me man... I screamed.

XxINYOUREYE11xX
02-03-2011, 10:22 AM
If any of you say this game isn't scary and at some point didn't scare the shit outta you on your first play then you are flat lying or didn't have your sound on. I have surround sound and I had 3 friends here while I was playing. We all (including my dog) jumped outta our seats during:

1. TV on chpt 1
2. alarm clock on chpt 7
3. sun comes down in front of you in the gym
3. dead body falling on you after AI sequence
4. nicole grabbing you after the elevator part
5. and most of all regenerator scared me the first time I dismembered him and was talking smack with my friends not paying attention then I hear a noise and my ass gets attacked by him again...ok i take my shit talking back, lol.
6. chpt 10 scared me just knowing it was coming and hearing all those creepy sounds took me right back to the first game and when nicole says you know this place still rattles you she couldn't have been more correct.
7. eye poke machine cuz I failed it first try
8. nicole grabbing you in final battle, didn't realize that was gonna happen, lol

If you are not scared by this game you need to do these things:
1. turn your freakin sound up
2. get surround sound or good headphones
3. play with all lights off
4. don't adjust your brightness sliders all the way up
5. play alone for better effects
6. or play around someone who is easily spooked and they will scare you all by themself
7. try to expect whats coming, you won't always be right
8. don't multitask while you play this, devote your attention to this game and it will scare you plenty.

This is by far the scariest franchise I've ever played and I've played all silent hill, clock tower and resident evil games and they don't touch this.

Thats All :drunk

SDHoneymonster
02-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I genuinely didn't find it anywhere near as scary as the first game, but that isn't to say I didn't freaking love it and that it made me jump out of my skin a few times...

First hearing the screams of the pack. Man they sound horrific.

Shoot the legs off a Stalker. The thudding noise they make as they crawl around at high speed... Eek.

The final chase. It didn't get to me as much as the Hunter from the first game (I had to keep pausing it to catch my breath!) but the fact that you had to solve puzzles added to the OH CRAP factor. The Warden DNA puzzle in particular was great.

In fact, the moment that got me most was during this sequence. Not sure if it's scripted (I'm guessing it is) but after I'd solved that puzzle I stopped and caught my breath. There's a save point in front of you. As I went to use it the bastard regenerator sprang out from the vent to my right. Needed a new pair of boxers after that.

II griever II
02-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I did not find it that scary, but there were "Oh shit!" and creepy moments.

My "Oh Shit!" moments -

Running through the corridors in a straight jacket with Necromorphs jumping out everywhere.

Opening an elevator and finding out there's a frickin spitter standing in it.

Running from the Tormentor before it and Isaac got sucked out toward the gunship.

The alarm clock going off in one of the apartments.

Creepy moments -

Nicole standing there in the elevator, singing with light coming out her eyes and mouth.

Walking through the areas of the Ishimura that have the ultra violet lighting and see all the blood stains glowing on the walls.

The first Stalker encounter. I knew something was in there, I just didn't know what the hell it was.

Those are my stand out moments of the game.

Well put!!! This game was amazing, everything from the TV, the Tormentor, the Alarm Clock, The Brute behind the crates, The needle. The Hunter.... Good times!!

Mikkel1120
02-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Chapter 1. At the boss fight with the tripod thing. I shot both of its arm and it dropped a semiconducter thingy so immediately i ran over to it to pick it up, and then it tossed me backwards i yelled "HOLY SH*t" and tossed my controller up in the air and hit myself in the nuts, allowing me to yell even higher and waking up my mom... :( (True story)