PDA

View Full Version : Cant Read Words on TV

JONBLEACH
01-27-2011, 04:14 AM
Heyy everyone this is a very important question.

I am playing this game on a 32' non HD tv and i really cant make out what the words/descriptions say.

Does it affect it if u get a HDTV and a larger screen or not really.
Are some people able to read the words well?

Elm
01-27-2011, 05:33 AM
I remember when Mass Effect 2 was released, the text on the screen was blurry because the game was in HD and I had a SD tv. That may be your problem but I'm am not sure.

Epsilon 616
01-27-2011, 07:19 AM
The game tends to have a 'Blur effect' like Fable 3. Try reducing the Gamma in the game Menu.

This may make it easier to read the text.

I haven't had any problem yet, but I have a HDTV.

THE130173
01-27-2011, 07:30 AM
buy glasses

PenderPowguin
01-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Playing a on 42'', I have no problems with reading the text.

Vermillion Haze
01-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Try switching "Use safe area in interface" on. It fixed my text issues.

JONBLEACH
01-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Try switching "Use safe area in interface" on. It fixed my text issues.

I already did this but the text i guess is too blurry still so ill try the thing with the gamma but im no pro when it comes to that, ill prob end up screwing it up even worse lol.

And orly the glasses comment, i already wear glasses.
And thats a random comment but ok bro.

zumog
01-28-2011, 12:18 AM
i think it might be your tv i have the same problem, I switch to a 42 In and it looked fine.
i found this 2 This has nothing to do with your tv. Everyone seems to be to ignorant to look through the settings.

Anyway, here's how to fix your problem. Options > graphics or general settings > Display HUD in safe area > YES

Problem Solved.

You're welcome.

xBTCx Corrupted
01-31-2011, 05:08 AM
OK , ya'll might of answered my "text" question... and before anyone says anything I to already wear glasses. My next 2 questions are...

#1 Will the HUD safe thing work on making my hud smaller? I can't see but a very small part of the right side of the hud. Its like the graphis are to big for my screen. Anything on the outter edges are gone. Had the same problem with Two Worlds also.

#2 I'm trying to get past the 1st mission.. on the 1st Island. Everytime the General telles me to take the lead.. I take 3 or 4 steps and poof I"m right back where I started. Samething happens no matter witch direction I go. Am I just stupid and am missing something or is it my disk?

Thank in advance for any help

D4RKXPOW3R
01-31-2011, 08:13 AM
It has everything to do with your TV. I bought an HDTV a year ago, and it fixed all the issues I had with unreadable text. The game that finally drove me to get an HDTV, was Infinite Undiscovery. I loved the game a lot, but couldn't read ANYTHING (and I had a 52' projection too). It seems a lot of these companies just don't care about you if you have an SDTV. If you can afford it, you should get an HDTV, it will solve the text problem 100%.

Sting7785
01-31-2011, 03:55 PM
#2 I'm trying to get past the 1st mission.. on the 1st Island. Everytime the General telles me to take the lead.. I take 3 or 4 steps and poof I"m right back where I started. Samething happens no matter witch direction I go. Am I just stupid and am missing something or is it my disk?

Thank in advance for any help

This happened to me at first, but I once I drew my weapon it let me continue forward.

StolenPaper18
01-31-2011, 04:00 PM
It has everything to do with your TV. I bought an HDTV a year ago, and it fixed all the issues I had with unreadable text. If you can afford it, you should get an HDTV, it will solve the text problem 100%.
This.

An you will also get a lot more benefits with an HDTV than just being able to read game text :p If you can fit it into your budget, definitely pick one up.

JONBLEACH
01-31-2011, 10:17 PM
ya i tried out the Gamma thing, tried putting it all the way up and all the way down but it didnt help either way

xBTCx Corrupted
02-01-2011, 07:36 AM
This happened to me at first, but I once I drew my weapon it let me continue forward.

Thanks, I'll try that as soon as I get off in the morning.

ddmcgrath
02-01-2011, 11:29 PM
The game simply can't be read pleasantly on a standard-definition TV. There's nothing you or we can do about it. It's sad, even my brothers indie game he made for the XBL community crap has an option to change the text based on if your tv is SD or HD.
It took him a few minutes to code.

It's really just gotten to the point where these developers simply don't have readable font for all tv's, simply because they don't want to put in the extra time.

I stopped playing Two Worlds 2 on my tv. I now play it connected to my monitor, which isn't as nearly as comfortable as relaxing on my bed. I had no issue with Mass Effect 2 at all, actually. The only game more unreadable than TW2, imo, is Syberia back on the xbox. That was literally impossible to make out a single letter. TW2 is readable, just at a suppppper slow pace.

JONBLEACH
02-01-2011, 11:43 PM
ya like some of the words you need to guess what they say but it takes a while to actually make out what each word says

xBTCx Corrupted
02-02-2011, 03:02 AM
...I stopped playing Two Worlds 2 on my tv. I now play it connected to my monitor, which isn't as nearly as comfortable as relaxing on my bed. I had no issue with Mass Effect 2 at all, actually. The only game more unreadable than TW2, imo, is Syberia back on the xbox. That was literally impossible to make out a single letter. TW2 is readable, just at a suppppper slow pace.

How do you hook the xbox to the monitor, or are you playing it on a PC?

Thrillho82
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Need HDTV.