PDA

View Full Version : Experience calculation seems a little off

joedeezy
01-27-2011, 06:04 AM
So, I'm grinding the gold blob on Arena 20-3. I have dual MG's doing about 50% damage per standing attack on it. Which we'll estimate at around 4000 hp. I have the terminals EXP x 1.5 and All Terminals x 2 activated. NO EXP TRAINER, only Chapter 8.

That should be giving 3x Exp for every attack. Yet I'm getting close to 40,000 Exp for each attack. About 10x the damage i'm doing to the blob. I could have sworn in the beginning i was only getting a 1-1 damage to exp ratio on my main body attacks. Anyone have any idea why you get so much exp? Not a complaint obviously, can't wait to get an EXP trainer and get 80,000 Exp per attack...

Koompbala
01-27-2011, 06:35 AM
So, I'm grinding the gold blob on Arena 20-3. I have dual MG's doing about 50% damage per standing attack on it. Which we'll estimate at around 4000 hp. I have the terminals EXP x 1.5 and All Terminals x 2 activated. NO EXP TRAINER, only Chapter 8.

That should be giving 3x Exp for every attack. Yet I'm getting close to 40,000 Exp for each attack. About 10x the damage i'm doing to the blob. I could have sworn in the beginning i was only getting a 1-1 damage to exp ratio on my main body attacks. Anyone have any idea why you get so much exp? Not a complaint obviously, can't wait to get an EXP trainer and get 80,000 Exp per attack...

Honestly I wish I never wasted my time on that blob without exp trainer. My level went up so fast everytime when I would nearly kill the Elderly man on the chap 16 side quest. You should also have exp trainer by now Pants Party covered this already. If you dont then something might of happaned. As for me the reason why I never had exp trainer it turns out I ended up selling it without realizing it. I never sold a sidequest item but for some reason I ended up accidently selling that because I already gave Daniel the Bridal Doll

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2883824
Level 6: Dwellest (12), Dolled-Up Dwellest (48) [Bridal Doll]

joedeezy
01-27-2011, 06:42 AM
I got that doll and gave it to him, but didn't get the Exp Trainer, i got something else. I read that someone got it from the Doll in Ch.9, which i'm in now.

EDIT: Got the EXP Trainer from the Doll Mission in Ch. 9, feeding the dog. Apparently that list is out of order.

AND, now when i fully scratch Gold blob (7525 hp) with x1.5 EXP Term, Term x2 and Exp Trainer (x2) for a total of EXPx6 i get ~104,000 Exp. More than 13x the damage done.

zkaminski
03-20-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm on Chapter 13, with each characters about level 70. I want to boost them up for the upcoming fights. Any suggestions?

I did the golden blob trick you're talking about, but it ended up taking forever to rack up the EXP.

Any other suggestions would be helpful!

Obsidian Age
10-20-2011, 09:58 AM
The experience you actually need in relation to the number said when you level up is vastly different. I noticed this when I had about 20 HG & MG but only 10 Grenade. It seems to be about 10x what is actually required.

I'm on Chapter 13, with each characters about level 70. I want to boost them up for the upcoming fights. Any suggestions?

I did the golden blob trick you're talking about, but it ended up taking forever to rack up the EXP.

Any other suggestions would be helpful!

Keep switching weapons and it will go up very fast! Also I recommend grinding the Golden Mimics on level 5 as the other enemies they are with nearly always drop blue hexs, and the mimics drop rare metal shards :)