PDA

View Full Version : What if... ? - Glitch question

Wicelow
01-27-2011, 12:10 PM
OK, we all know that the DLC achievements for the game won't unlock properly if you have one or more MP achievements from the retail.

BUT, what will happen if you unlock all DLC chievos, then play some MP, unlock some achievements and then go back to the original retail campaign to mop-up your remaining achievements ??

Is this DLC glitch affecting only the DLC, or the original chievos too ?

Son of Kyuss
01-27-2011, 12:20 PM
The DLC achievements are affected by how many MP achievements you've unlocked prior to the DLC ones. So let's say I've earned no MP achievements, I'd be able to unlock all the Chapters of Deceit achievements then proceed to unlock all MP achievements afterwards.

Wicelow
01-27-2011, 12:38 PM
The DLC achievements are affected by how many MP achievements you've unlocked prior to the DLC ones. So let's say I've earned no MP achievements, I'd be able to unlock all the Chapters of Deceit achievements then proceed to unlock all MP achievements afterwards.
Yeah I know that. I've said so in my first post.

My question is about the original retail achievements.
Are the DLC achievements the only ones affected ?

If I unlock, let's say 80% of the retail achievements + 100% of the DLC achivements, then some of the MP achievements, will it glitch my remaining original retail achievements as well ?

Should I unlock everything else before starting MP ? Or just the DLC ?

Son of Kyuss
01-27-2011, 06:44 PM
None of the original achievements are affected in any way by unlocking the DLC achievements or by having it downloaded and installed. The only exception to that is if you do have CoD you'll have to complete both chapters in that as well on Contractor to unlock the Beat All Chapters on Contractor achievement from the original 1000.

Overall it'd be ideal to finish up the DLC achievements before even touching the MP (including making a mask and uploading it) to ensure that you can achieve 1250G.

Wicelow
01-27-2011, 08:17 PM
OK, thanks for your answers ;-)

Will get everything I can before starting MP, then.

HalfEVILmonkey
02-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Its a good question, but you are safe. I will never ever buy another EA game again when new and instead sh*t on them until they fix this shit.