PDA

View Full Version : online pass will cause family problems

redbeard_nj
01-27-2011, 06:24 PM
i perfectly understand the used game issue.

But why should a family household be penalized for this absurd online pass.If two brothers want to play DeadSpace2 online, they both need to buy a seperate copy?! That is just absurd, today family's just cant afford to by multiple copies of games.

They should fix this and allow anyone from the same ip address be able to use the online features.

I bought this game for me and my son.im giving the pass to my son, so now i wont be able to play mp unless i buy my own copy?! we share all our games and live under the same roof. i just cant beleive this......it really stinks

As R0me Burns
01-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Best thing I can say my man is to play under his name =/

Blizzard-1
01-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Not the answer your looking for but i have seen additional online passes for games available
on a well known auction site.

Myself i wont be buying any games that come with these online passes as i will not be held to ransom by EA or any other company.

Mr Drunknspider
01-27-2011, 07:00 PM
I ran into the same situation with my girlfriend and I. We each have our own xbox, so if you and your son do as well all you have to do is download it on your xbox using his profile saving to your hard drive, when he goes back to his as long as hes on live he will be able to use as well. I didn't try this with dead space but I know it works with Medal of Honor and Battlefeild 2. You can essentially do that with all marketplace DLC as well...

snobbigB
01-27-2011, 07:03 PM
I might be mistaken, but I think you can buy the online pass alone. It sucks having to have to do that, but it sure beats buying two copies of the game. On a side note however, if you call and complain to EA you can probably get something out of it. I've complained a few times to EA and have been given a $20 credit to the EA Store each time.

Mr Drunknspider
01-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Must be nice, I'm still waiting on my refund for the Army of Two DLC thats glitched...

Jerric
01-27-2011, 07:29 PM
I agree this is the wrong way to do it. ME2 had cerberus, and another free dlc if you had cerberus. Alan wake gave the first episode free. maybe they should have given severed free to new buyers instead of MP.

The big picture is, while many of us understand "why", i think most will not, and will simply see EA negatively exploiting people for more money when thats not their reason(or so we are lead to believe).

Ignition was free if you pre-ordered from some places, stuff like that should fall under the new copies theyre trying to push, not a key aspect of the game that theyre using as a selling point.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
01-27-2011, 09:45 PM
im pretty sure that if you transfer his profile (or the one who has the pass linked to) and the online pass to a usb then put it on your xbox, sign his profile in on a 2nd controller and boot up dead space as your profile..you can play as it works just like dlc. Aslong as the activated profile is signed in then you can use it.

Downsize
01-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Well, only way to play my good father, is to buy an online pass. Just think of it as 1 less trip to McDonald's with the kids. Game trade-ins and used sales are a result of this crap btw.

The Slurbs
01-27-2011, 11:38 PM
redbeard, if the two of you are playing on the same 360 the online pass should work fine for the both of you, if not just sign his profile in on a second controller while you play and you won't have any problems. This also works with arcade games that were bought with another profile.

Mr Drunknspider
01-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Arcade games and DLC are registed to the consoles serial number and the gamertag that purcheses/redeems it, as long as you are on the same console most content would carry over across all profiles on that console.

redbeard_nj
01-28-2011, 05:13 PM
you guys are right, if you play on the same xbox the pass will work. that is great except that i have my own seperate xbox(if i didnt i would never get to play!lol)

Well anyway, one thing i will say that is awesome and almost makes up for the online pass is that MP is accessible from both disc(i think, i havent tried both of us playing the same time yet, but tonight we will). If this is the case, then paying the extra 10bucks is not so bad considering its like having 2 copies.

On a brighter note, im halfway through the campaign and im absolutely loving this game. Visceral has done a great job in my opinion. the artwork is very impressive

Opiate42
01-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Hell my copy of the game didn't even come with an Online Pass code! Nowhere to be found inside the case...not in the manual and no card for it....crud.

"EA customer support, may we put you on hold and ignore your emails until Ragnarok?"

gazmaster1
01-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Hell my copy of the game didn't even come with an Online Pass code! Nowhere to be found inside the case...not in the manual and no card for it....crud.

"EA customer support, may we put you on hold and ignore your emails until Ragnarok?"

look on the back of the manual