PDA

View Full Version : So how much better is this one?

Des
01-27-2011, 08:59 PM
I kind of liked and kind of hated the 1st one, like many people.

The game play wasn't what it was hyped to be, but still pretty cool.

The storyline and voice acting however...WAS HORRRRRRIIIBBBBLEEE. I was yawning tears!!!!!!!!! (Although, is it possible to use the german voice acting? Since playing the first one I've actually furthered my own understanding of german and may just do that)

So is the storyline any better? More memorable? Are we still dealing with the "taint"? :|

PenderPowguin
01-27-2011, 09:42 PM
I kind of liked and kind of hated the 1st one, like many people.

The game play wasn't what it was hyped to be, but still pretty cool.

The storyline and voice acting however...WAS HORRRRRRIIIBBBBLEEE. I was yawning tears!!!!!!!!! (Although, is it possible to use the german voice acting? Since playing the first one I've actually furthered my own understanding of german and may just do that)

So is the storyline any better? More memorable? Are we still dealing with the "taint"? :|

It depends on what variables you liked and disliked. Obviously you didn't care for Two worlds storyline, I haven't gotten far in my SP campaign but the cut scenes are cool (though sometimes the lip sync is off) and this game just looks wonderful, for an open world-esque, imo.

The gameplay is awesome, I loved part 1 and I am liking part 2 so far. It might take some minor adjusting to but all in all this is a much better game than the first in it's own respects. Definitely try it out, rent it maybe?

Des
01-28-2011, 12:29 AM
It depends on what variables you liked and disliked. Obviously you didn't care for Two worlds storyline, I haven't gotten far in my SP campaign but the cut scenes are cool (though sometimes the lip sync is off) and this game just looks wonderful, for an open world-esque, imo.

The gameplay is awesome, I loved part 1 and I am liking part 2 so far. It might take some minor adjusting to but all in all this is a much better game than the first in it's own respects. Definitely try it out, rent it maybe?

I do plan on renting it, I'm just curious if I'll enjoy it more, I nearly got all of the achievements in the first one, and that was before I started focusing on 100%, only one I didn't get was the dreaded all locations discovered..../SHUDDER.

Horse combat was pretty dumb...but my main issue just lied with story line and voice acting honestly. Everything else if I recall right was pretty awesome. Only game to ever bore me to tears though (When it came to the story)

ConfederateSuga
01-28-2011, 12:44 AM
You won't 1k this on a rent lol. Maybe 2-3 rental cycles... They claim 50 hours, but that's not a 1k. That's just beating the chapters. I've racked up 35+ hours achievement hunting and I literally just started chapter 2 lol xD. Great game. But word of advice, don't play on easy. I got about 10 hours into it on Easy and there was literally no challenge whatsoever. I don't dare try hard, but Normal is perfect. Things I one-shotted on Easy now takes 5-6 hits.

Also, choose your character progession wisely. My dude's level 29 with 5k HP, +13 armor/weapons and I still get one-shotted once in awhile :| lol.

Des
01-28-2011, 03:24 AM
You won't 1k this on a rent lol. Maybe 2-3 rental cycles... They claim 50 hours, but that's not a 1k. That's just beating the chapters. I've racked up 35+ hours achievement hunting and I literally just started chapter 2 lol xD. Great game. But word of advice, don't play on easy. I got about 10 hours into it on Easy and there was literally no challenge whatsoever. I don't dare try hard, but Normal is perfect. Things I one-shotted on Easy now takes 5-6 hits.

Also, choose your character progession wisely. My dude's level 29 with 5k HP, +13 armor/weapons and I still get one-shotted once in awhile :| lol.

Take a look at my RPG's played mate. I'm well versed. :D thanks though.

I'll be fine, gamefly. I'll get it done in less than a month.

MADasaHatter
01-28-2011, 03:44 AM
It's much better than the first.

I didn't even get through the the Two World's demo and I'm loving my time in this game so far. Especially with a market that flooded with FPS at the moment. Good distraction.

Des
01-28-2011, 04:00 AM
It's much better than the first.

I didn't even get through the the Two World's trailer and I'm loving my time in this game so far. Especially with a market that flooded with FPS at the moment. Good distraction.

To be fair, the 360 has been flooded with FPS forever now. Need more RPGs! nom nom nom nom!