PDA

View Full Version : What do i need to know? No spoilers pl0x

Andreas_loel
01-28-2011, 03:28 AM
Right so my girl bought me this game and i wont be close to my xbox for yet another week, so meanwhile im just searching the forums looking for tips and pointers and all that.

Lets say i want to get the full 1240 what advices/tips would you give me? without spoiling too much ofcourse

Ive read trough the roadmap and all that, but thats just how 1 person played the game and there is problably others that did things abit different

These are the steps ive come up with already

1: Buy the dlc
2: Start the game
3: have the weapon/recipe/quest guides ready

Im not really looking for a way to just get the points out of it, i wanna enjoy it too and get into it.

So what are the things you learned that you dont think is in the achievement guide?

The Pants Party
01-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Not to sound pompous since I wrote it, but the Road Map really is the most efficient way to play the game if you're going for the 1240 or 1000. I'm fairly sure nothing is missing from the achievement guide either, as I've incorporated any suggestions I received from the community when I originally wrote it.

banej
01-28-2011, 06:29 AM
I followed pants guide to the 'T' and 1k the game. So yeah, his guide is all you need. :)

DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn
01-28-2011, 06:54 PM
The only thing that pants guide does not have is the chain break glitch

During when zephia teaches you how to use chain breaks say yes and then change out corcells weapon to the boxer gloves that way you do not end the quest and just do your 500 chain breaks there, its a grind but once its out of the way the only thing you have to worry bout is skill points

Andreas_loel
01-29-2011, 02:43 AM
Not to sound pompous since I wrote it, but the Road Map really is the most efficient way to play the game if you're going for the 1240 or 1000. I'm fairly sure nothing is missing from the achievement guide either, as I've incorporated any suggestions I received from the community when I originally wrote it.

Nah you dont sound pompous, you are a very good guidewriter and has helped out lots in the past :)

Reason i was asking is because ive been lurking around on the Gfaqs board and the say that overlvling is something you should avoid, and in old games where the chance is given i kinda try to lvl and make myself overpowered as quickly as possible.
And then there is some sp item that you should move between characters,so it just made me a bit curious

But in reality just some "I liked playing this char with this build/specc" posts that sorta gives me an idea on how you can go if you want.
Most of the time when i make posts i just want a convo to get going, its interesting to hear what others think aswell (until their midlife crisis comes up)

DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn
01-29-2011, 04:59 AM
you'll enjoy the game I did got stumped a few times, If your going for the achievement just follow pants guide he did a great job on all the locations and chest and quest,weapons, Like I said though the only thing i didnt follow was the chain breaks I did the glitch seeing how i barely did any chain breaks just playing im glad i did the glitch to get it out of the way, If you have downloaded the dlc the weapons from the dlc give you a big advantage over the 1st disc on alot of enemies............

I hope you enjoy it i just finally finished it and enjoyed every 43Hrs of my time of it

Andreas_loel
01-30-2011, 02:35 PM
I played some last night, my girl got herself a xbox so i got to try it and i enjoy the game alot. Ended up playing for 4 hours, i didnt like the tutorial section it was fairly annoying to hear them say stuff like "PRESS A ON THE CONTROLLER" geez im trying to escape reality here.

It feels alot like a stripped down MMO which is kinda what i was looking for, 116 quests should last a while :)

Getting the hang of the chainbreaks is a bit annoying at times, but im sure i will make it work in due time :)

DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn
01-30-2011, 09:34 PM
I played some last night, my girl got herself a xbox so i got to try it and i enjoy the game alot. Ended up playing for 4 hours, i didnt like the tutorial section it was fairly annoying to hear them say stuff like "PRESS A ON THE CONTROLLER" geez im trying to escape reality here.

It feels alot like a stripped down MMO which is kinda what i was looking for, 116 quests should last a while :)

Getting the hang of the chainbreaks is a bit annoying at times, but im sure i will make it work in due time :)

Yeah All the quest are pretty fun and atleast to me does not seem repetitive, I kept the game fresh and wanting me to do more instead of just finishing the game.........

Andreas_loel
02-01-2011, 03:14 PM
But what about overlvling? I realized i would need a bit of extra gold to get all weapons before they disappear from stores and such, but people say overlvling is something you should avoid.

I just done the cote mara battle in story, and i think i missed 1 quest this far and about 2-3 weapons due to lack of gold. Ofcourse its not the save i will go for 1240 on so im still learning :)

coolfire1357
02-01-2011, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't put any EXP gain kamonds or accessories on my characters, only SID gain. This is what I did and I got enough money to get all the weapons, plus did some grinding for seekers, and I'm not overleveled. It doesn't seem to be a big worry in this game.

The Pants Party
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah, the game prevents overleveling. Once you hit a certain level, the experience you gain from the enemies in that area drops. You have to move to a new area (by advancing the story) to begin earning normal experience again.

Reggiez
02-02-2011, 03:08 PM
I agree that the guide for this game is really well written and informative.

Regarding "boosting" levels with the help of EXP+ items I suspect that some people suggest not going for that solution before you get a hold of some SP boosting equipment as well. If you want to get all of the skills legit this is perhaps sound advice but the sheer amount of needed SP is still huge enough to cause a problem.

The best advice I can give regarding levels and SP is to start using the SP boosters as soon as possible and switch them around. If you do that then you should have no problem reaching the 700 points limit. When you have accumulated that amount then you can use the "save-trick" mentioned in the guide and get all of the skills-achievements out of the way.

I also agree about the tutorials. They really didn't feel natural at all and I would have liked them to have been incorporated in a different way. At least there weren't that many of them.

Lycka till med spelandet! :)

Andreas_loel
02-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah, the game prevents overleveling. Once you hit a certain level, the experience you gain from the enemies in that area drops. You have to move to a new area (by advancing the story) to begin earning normal experience again.

Is it like a normal drop like you go from lets say 250exp to 100exp? Or something like 250exp to 10exp, the first one i could overlook without a problem, the second one is a hell naw.

Whos the best healer in the game between Zephie and Celestine? Zephie seems to be doing the best in the start, but i noticed once i came further into the game she was just plain shite. Meanwhile celestine does very nice dmg, which should only be more "HOLY SHIT" now with dlc weps (They really gave you some special weapons, i just went O_O when i saw the stats) So im not really sure i want to gimp my damage by putting her as a healer.

Which in your guys opinion is the way to go with the chars, like who did what right for you and who just sucked.

When i played trough disc 1 on my gfs acc i had:
Juto 2h
Zephie healer
Argo Axe
Rochelle Ranged
Celestine ranged
Rue Daggers

I noticed having 2 melee chars was just a pain because the other one was always horribly slow, so i prefer going Tank/Melee-Caster-Healer

minh2
02-06-2011, 07:35 PM
yea it's normal, the exp gained is calculated via the difference between your party's leader and the enemy. To level faster, put your lowest level character as the leader.

Andreas_loel
02-09-2011, 06:56 AM
I didnt break my controller playing neither MW2 or Black ops but for some reason this game pissed me off, so i kinda lost it and now my elite controller and battery pack is fubar ><

Been following the guide and the only part that annoys me is that you should had added the costs of the weapons in the weapon collectible one

Also quest 109 seems to give me problems, i have no idea to where i can find the avis that are supposed to give me the quest. but i made 2 saves just incase i miss something

Edit: Completed the game 1240/1240.

Wasnt that much of a pain beside the ending, was so fucking tedious going back and forth and constantly getting attacked...