PDA

View Full Version : DLC a bad idea?

AnonymousHero13
01-28-2011, 04:05 AM
I love Dead Space, and I'm all for DLC that adds to the game. But remember what they did with Gears 2, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3... with the "Ultimate Edition" or "Gold Edition" or whatever?

If you were a loyal fan, buying their DLC all along, you shelled out up to $50 extra on DLC alone, and then they sell their ultimate edition for $60, that includes all DLC.

I want to buy DS2's DLC, but I know they'll do it again. Don't you guys think it kinda sucks when they do that? And are you gonna get the DLC for Dead Space 2 (cuz you know there will be a lot of it, Severed is probably the first of many)?

KirbyTheAlmighty
01-28-2011, 05:56 AM
I'll be buying Story-DLC for DS2.
I've purchased the collector's edition of the game, so I don't plan on buying another copy.
Also, It's never guaranteed that it will happen for a game.

And if it does happen, it's always so long after the game's come out. I'd rather be able to play my game now, and buy DLC as it comes out, rather than wait months/a year or two and get it all in one package.

makecrack
01-28-2011, 06:13 AM
in all honesty i'd rather see any effort for ds2 dlc put into making ds3 even better!

doreycole
01-28-2011, 07:26 AM
I'll be buying Story-DLC for DS2.
I've purchased the collector's edition of the game, so I don't plan on buying another copy.
Also, It's never guaranteed that it will happen for a game.

And if it does happen, it's always so long after the game's come out. I'd rather be able to play my game now, and buy DLC as it comes out, rather than wait months/a year or two and get it all in one package.

Couldn't agree more. I would much rather play the game on release day and buy DLC as it comes out then wait a year or so to get the whole collection.

Free Beer
01-28-2011, 07:28 AM
i will buy the dlc the second it is released. count on that.

Vacancy009
01-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah I understand what your getting at but the reality is everything gets cheaper over time. Im sure in 2 years you will be able to get dead space 2 for 19.99 so you could wait and save 40 bucks or suffer with the early adopters and pay a bit more

roganxx
01-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah I understand what your getting at but the reality is everything gets cheaper over time. Im sure in 2 years you will be able to get dead space 2 for 19.99 so you could wait and save 40 bucks or suffer with the early adopters and pay a bit more

2 years is a long time to wait just to save 40 bucks...

MASS DOMINATION
01-28-2011, 10:23 PM
I love Dead Space, and I'm all for DLC that adds to the game. But remember what they did with Gears 2, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3... with the "Ultimate Edition" or "Gold Edition" or whatever?

If you were a loyal fan, buying their DLC all along, you shelled out up to $50 extra on DLC alone, and then they sell their ultimate edition for $60, that includes all DLC.

I want to buy DS2's DLC, but I know they'll do it again. Don't you guys think it kinda sucks when they do that? And are you gonna get the DLC for Dead Space 2 (cuz you know there will be a lot of it, Severed is probably the first of many)?

Its called depreciation. pretty much any item is affected by it. people who buy things right away get the product first but pay the top price. people who buy things later get it for less but have to wait for it. This isn't new and loyalty is rarely a factor.