PDA

View Full Version : Death Strike & Stealing

JONBLEACH
01-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Alright so for the achievements kill

20 ppl using death strike

&

steal from 25 ppl

What/Where are the best places to get these achievements?
And for the stealing how does that exactly workout.

Any help on both of these topics will be greatly appreciated

chichan123
01-29-2011, 04:56 AM
If you followed the tutorial and didnt tried to be a hero, you could have got 8 atleast deathstrike kills by now. For the remaining the best place would be near Tomb of archpriest Den(quest related). The tomb is near the shore. There is a mountain at the top of the tomb where there are atleast 10 varns standing still. Just create an invisible portion and take em off one by one. I got mine in this place

As for stealing, it can only be done with guards standing at one place. I got only 6 so far and could not find any other guards just standing. Also even if i max out my steal skill for some reason i fail at stealing. Maxing out the skill just buys you more time and it doesnt make the mini game any easier

PenderPowguin
01-29-2011, 02:31 PM
If you followed the tutorial and didnt tried to be a hero, you could have got 8 atleast deathstrike kills by now. For the remaining the best place would be near Tomb of archpriest Den(quest related). The tomb is near the shore. There is a mountain at the top of the tomb where there are atleast 10 varns standing still. Just create an invisible portion and take em off one by one. I got mine in this place

As for stealing, it can only be done with guards standing at one place. I got only 6 so far and could not find any other guards just standing. Also even if i max out my steal skill for some reason i fail at stealing. Maxing out the skill just buys you more time and it doesnt make the mini game any easier

So you're saying that you can only steal from Guards holding still? Just curious, I haven't tried yet.

chichan123
01-29-2011, 02:52 PM
yes the steal icon pops up only on stationary guards.....only guards not any other people

PenderPowguin
01-29-2011, 03:35 PM
yes the steal icon pops up only on stationary guards.....only guards not any other people

Well then, that kind of sucks. Oh well, it's like pokemon, gotta catch them all!!!

Raesvelgr
01-29-2011, 04:55 PM

Wrong! I have stolen from plenty of people, they just have to be standing still and Yes, it would appear that alot of them cant be stolen from as well.

PenderPowguin
01-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Wrong! I have stolen from plenty of people, they just have to be standing still and Yes, it would appear that alot of them cant be stolen from as well.

Yeah, I just figured this was right because I actually tried to steal from a vendor standing still. But it seems now that anyone can be thieved but out of everyone on certain one's are available?

Wardancer
01-29-2011, 10:08 PM
People have to be distracted for you to be able to steal from them. So look for people checking out a merchant's wares, listening to a town crier, etc. Get close to the people and most of the time the icon for stealing will pop up, but not with everyone.

JasonBlade
01-30-2011, 12:21 AM
the steal thing is really stupid & ghey....this is why elder scrolls will pwn this game 20 times over...in so many ways.

MADasaHatter
01-30-2011, 12:44 AM
the steal thing is really stupid & ghey....this is why elder scrolls will pwn this game 20 times over...in so many ways.

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5463482/Ahem-Troll-ahoy.jpg?

JONBLEACH
01-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Alright so i just found the free theif book in the sewers aswell.

How many points do i have to put into the theif skill in order to successfully steal things and get the achievement?
Can someone else catch you stealing from someone else standing still? Like can they see u doing it.

And with the deathstrike, how many points do u need in "death strike" & "sneak" ?
I tried crouching and finding ppl on first islnad but they were always facing me.
I even found a dog enemy in a cave so i was behind him and crouched+pressed RT and it just hit him no assassination. (where can u get invisibility pots).

PenderPowguin
01-30-2011, 06:16 AM
And with the deathstrike, how many points do u need in "death strike" & "sneak" ?
I tried crouching and finding ppl on first islnad but they were always facing me.

I haven't put any additional points into sneak or death strike and I am like 5-6 away from the achievement. As for the 'varns' they're pretty retarded. If you see a red dot, just start crouching. Try to get close enough to see which way they're facing then go around to their back.

If this is still a problem, utilize an occulus.

Wardancer
01-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Sjeez, are you trying to inflate your post count or something? You're spamming achievement questions all over the board....

As for your questions, 1 point in sneak and death strike each is enough.
Just crouch, sneak up on someone from behind and press A when prompted. Not that hard.

Alright so i just found the free theif book in the sewers aswell.

How many points do i have to put into the theif skill in order to successfully steal things and get the achievement?
Can someone else catch you stealing from someone else standing still? Like can they see u doing it.

I even found a dog enemy in a cave so i was behind him and crouched+pressed RT and it just hit him no assassination. (where can u get invisibility pots).

PenderPowguin
01-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Sjeez, are you trying to inflate your post count or something? You're spamming achievement questions all over the board....

One could say you're doing the same by answering with a duplicate answer.

JONBLEACH
01-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Oh alright i didnt know i had to press A, i was pressing RT.
But still i never find an Oculous anyways, im unlucky.

I only have 1 death strike, the one that is staged at the beginning.
I try so hard to sneak up behind them but it never works out.

Ima say for me this is the HARDEST achievement in the game even though u only need 20 instead of 50 like the few others.

@Netherland guy, orly says the guy with 21 posts, im trying to get help and i keep coming accross different things as i progress in this game. Ive been here longer than you so im guessing yur either jealous or a troll

Wardancer
01-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes that must be it. I am so jealous of your awesomeness. :bow:

@PenderPowguin: one could, but I thought it was a valid addition as it often pays to hear more than one opinion. Also the use of the A button needed pointing out IMO. So maybe the spamming remark was a bit out of line, but most of what he is asking about in multiple threads is obvious enough if you just play the game for a bit. So I got annoyed and (over)reacted.

MADasaHatter
01-30-2011, 11:23 PM
*sigh

Can someone give some pointers on stealing. I know how to steal and I've done it 13/25, but don't ask me how I managed 13. The serpent spinning crap and waiting until the holes all overlap doesn't always work. I know that the tail and head sections can sometimes be reached over, but it doesn't make sense. I pumped in the max on thievery so I have the whole time, but the window to actually steal appears maybe once ... twice?

Aggrevation!

baz2009
01-31-2011, 01:18 AM
Does anyone have a recipe for an invisibility potion?

JONBLEACH
01-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Yes same with me, I pumped all 10 points into:
Stealing
Death Strike
Sneak

Unless there is a invisibility potion im pretty much never going to get the Death Strike one since everytime i come accross a camp of Varns(dogmen) I am always seen by one enemy.

And with the stealing thing, I love how the game doesnt teach you how exactly to complete the stealing minigame. Since I have max 10 points into Stealing, i thoguht id randomly give it a try so i was behind a person, entered minigame and randomly tried it but failed(i think) so when it exited out i was caught and the sword at the top right was full red and the guards were trying to kill me.

MADasaHatter
01-31-2011, 10:25 PM
And with the stealing thing, I love how the game doesnt teach you how exactly to complete the stealing minigame. Since I have max 10 points into Stealing, i thoguht id randomly give it a try so i was behind a person, entered minigame and randomly tried it but failed(i think) so when it exited out i was caught and the sword at the top right was full red and the guards were trying to kill me.

The mission that teaches you how to steal is the Bouncer guy in the sewers (where the theif book is) BUT knowing how to do it and doing it for me seems like two opposite ends of the earth. It's the only thing I hate about this game so far and I'm like 13 hours in.

And you don't need to pump up sneak because it just makes you faster. That and the fact that you can replace your dagger and make it stronger don't make sense. Why would I sub out my dagger and make it stronger when they're always a one hit kill with a death strike????

JONBLEACH
01-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Well i was given the quest with the Bouncer but i didnt do it yet because im affraid it is a timed quest and if i fail it will fail, like i failed the Rustlers Run Quest and now its red worded and it wont go away.

but is the minigame kinda like lockpick?

Wardancer
02-01-2011, 09:07 PM
And you don't need to pump up sneak because it just makes you faster. That and the fact that you can replace your dagger and make it stronger don't make sense. Why would I sub out my dagger and make it stronger when they're always a one hit kill with a death strike????

Some daggers have gem slots, or you can upgrade them to have slots. So you can add extra gems :)

MADasaHatter
02-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Some daggers have gem slots, or you can upgrade them to have slots. So you can add extra gems :)

That's the only thing I can see. But then why put a dmg marker on it. It doesn't make sense.

And Jonbleach, the mini game for the steal is tougher than the lockpick. Go get the mission from the Bouncer outside the mine. It's timed but you can save right as the mission starts. Make sure your thievery skill is high so that you can have enough time to steal. That's all the skill numbers do is add time. If you fail, the guards will be after you. Just reload the save and try again.

JONBLEACH
02-02-2011, 01:25 AM
So know there is a spell thats used for invisibility, per say if i was to make a new playthru how long would it take for me to get that spell good enough to use on Varns because i cud get the spell now but im on ashos island and i think i killed all the Varns. And i have 5/20 assassinations

BlazingCheerio
02-03-2011, 12:51 AM
i got the stealing one in new ashos. just wit by the warrior shops and pickpocket ppl buying stuff. just folow the big snakes head around and when there s about to be a small opening hit a

JONBLEACH
02-03-2011, 03:49 AM
Neverming guys, i got the hang of the stealing its actually quite fun to be honest.
Stealing from normal people and having 10 points into theft gives you loads of time.
Although when u do the Bouncer quest for some reason the timer goes down faster when stealing from a guard.

And for the Deathstrikes, i was at 7, and so i started exploring more of Hatmandor region to look for caves and i came accross many more Varn camps near the edge of the island near the water, so now i got that achievement aswell.

Now all i am missing is:

Thieves Questline (never missed anything just ran out of time on Execution)
25 Dungeons (Im at 21)

JONBLEACH
02-08-2011, 02:15 AM
just checking if my above post got edited properly my CP is acting up

Buffmaster
02-08-2011, 09:01 PM
To get the death strike achievement, just kill the guy taking a leak by the 'Hooks' icon. Just do it each time you come back to the area. He's wearing a funny looking brown hat.

NaK Quinn
02-08-2011, 09:46 PM
To get the death strike achievement, just kill the guy taking a leak by the 'Hooks' icon. Just do it each time you come back to the area. He's wearing a funny looking brown hat.

Where is this?

Gackt
02-08-2011, 10:45 PM
In Cheznaddar the area that has a bunch of tables where you first talk with the commander about entering Hatmandor...outside of that little area in the back on both sides occasionally people will wander back there and start pissing on the wall, you can assassinate them without the guards doing anything about it. I got half mine that way.

JONBLEACH
02-09-2011, 03:44 AM
ha well i got mine legit